Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

FuhrerHat posted:

all oral all the time

I don't know, Colm Meany looks like he has a puffy pubic mound. The kind of mound you could give a sermon off of. I don't think buckets of oral on that would keep bringing Julian back for more.

criscodisco fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I ended up watching Caretaker a bit for the first time in nearly 20 years.

"You want water?! We'll give you water! We bath in this! In fact, some of us bath in actual mud, which is dirt with water in it, and then we bath again with water. We literally defecate in this stuff and flush it down a tube."
(Maybe we shouldn't be so casual about letting everyone know we can replicate matter on the fly after learning how rare water is everywhere in this region of space.)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Can achieve warp travel and build the infrastructure needed to support the construction of spacecraft.
Can't secure or produce water.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The entire nistrom was thirsty as gently caress. They even banged Seska. Buncha thirstbuckets.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The biggest shame of Voyager: The betazoid pilot dying in Caretaker. 90 seconds of screentime and more interesting and likeable than anyone but the Doctor.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

It was a merciful death.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Automatic Slim posted:

It was a merciful death.

According to Alpha Memory, she's dead in the pilot, but a game revealed her to be just severely injured. Not even death is an escape from Voyager.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Ugh. Chakotay says in one of the earlier episodes, "Out here in the Delta Quadrant every old trick is new again."

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Met posted:

Ugh. Chakotay says in one of the earlier episodes, "Out here in the Delta Quadrant every old trick is new again."

That one line of dialogue is a perfect summation of what's wrong with Voyager.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Rewatching the episode with the computer clown

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Please don't say that about Barclay.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Y'know what I actually liked that one

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Monkey Fracas posted:

Y'know what I actually liked that one

Last time I watched it I was drinking beers and eating pizza in a hotel bathtub.

Next episode it Tuvix.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
TAS trip report episode 3: Spock tells an uppity sentient gas cloud to go back to where it came from, we don't want none of your type around here.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

oldpainless posted:

Why would they think anyone would like Neelix?

He was pretty cool on Benson. So was Odo, some to think of it.

Edit: Actually, Odo was the opposite of cool on Benson, which was pretty cool.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Babylon 5 is still good. Honestly, the grafix aren't that bad. What really detracts from the space fight scenes is that they're all in SD when the rest of the show is widescreen. It's not noticeably worse than a Star Trek of comparable era and configuration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qexwPP7bl7M

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Babylon 5 is good because in that universe Zima still exists

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

"Who Mourns for Adonis?"
S2E2

"You are wise… for a woman."

Enterprise encounters the god Apollo. There's a lot of Hays Code innuendo code going on in this one and some of it seems non-consensualish. Apollo gets plunked and betaed.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Volcott posted:

Babylon 5 is still good. Honestly, the grafix aren't that bad. What really detracts from the space fight scenes is that they're all in SD when the rest of the show is widescreen. It's not noticeably worse than a Star Trek of comparable era and configuration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qexwPP7bl7M

Something from late season 2 is passable I guess. I tried to rewatch B5 a couple years ago and those effects from the first few episodes... :barf: Looks like a cutscene from a '93 video game: not good.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Do bad effects from a show you know is 20 years old really stop you from possibly enjoying it?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

That's for the viewer to decide.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Do bad effects from a show you know is 20 years old really stop you from possibly enjoying it?
It can be a barrier, yes. It's a big reason why lots of NuWho fans wont touch anything from the original run.

On the other hand, the CGI enables them to have scenes that are more than "Two vessels meet head on" or "ship cruses along an empty void" so...

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

FilthyImp posted:

It can be a barrier, yes. It's a big reason why lots of NuWho fans wont touch anything from the original run.

But classic who is very good and new who is very bad

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

But classic who is very good and new who is very bad

Actually they're both bad.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Babylon 5 is good because in that universe Zima still exists

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Classic Who is boring. BORING. It needs all caps and probably bolding and several underlines too.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Classic who is just old monster movies broken into 4 episodes, I love them but that is my opinion, I admit.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

meet the new who, same as the old who

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

The General posted:

Classic Who is boring. BORING. It needs all caps and probably bolding and several underlines too.

well, yeah, sometimes i guess
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY0P9YLErYY

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It was never the effects the made b5 hard for me to get into, it was just really lovely dialog and acting and a general cheap fan-film sort of feel to everything. I hear the overall season to season plot is interesting, but the episode to episode plots are pretty ho-hum so the reward is only in the long haul.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Nerds like B5 because of a) space battles, b) space war, c) continuity, and d) occasional lampshading of sci-fi tropes. That's it.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Apollodorus posted:

Nerds like B5 because of a) space battles, b) space war, c) continuity, and d) occasional lampshading of sci-fi tropes. That's it.

don't forget Garibaldi's Daffy Duck poster

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

B5 was ponderously loving slow, wasting a bunch of time to exposit or outright demonstrate garbage setting minutiae.

SPACE CAPTAIN TRON: "Does anyone know what happens when you open a space warp zone inside a space warp zone?"

CORNFIELD THE BONE ELF: *gropes crystals, appears peevish* "According to my instruments, sir, literally no one in the audience cares."

TRON: "Let's do it!!! In a like five minute long scene!!!!!"

* smash cut to Tron's elfwife, emoting Croatianly *

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Remember when all those B5 space sim games came out that used Newtonian motion?

Super warp to this planet! Oh you wanted to speed it up? Well gently caress you it takes you just as long to decelerate now you're lost in hyperspace. Lol

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Best 90s CGI is Seaquest because the ocean is so dark and hazy you can barely see anything beyond vague shapes.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Squizzle posted:

B5 was ponderously loving slow, wasting a bunch of time to exposit or outright demonstrate garbage setting minutiae.

SPACE CAPTAIN TRON: "Does anyone know what happens when you open a space warp zone inside a space warp zone?"

CORNFIELD THE BONE ELF: *gropes crystals, appears peevish* "According to my instruments, sir, literally no one in the audience cares."

TRON: "Let's do it!!! In a like five minute long scene!!!!!"

* smash cut to Tron's elfwife, emoting Croatianly *

The Bonehead Maneuver was rad as hell.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
if you don't like space captain tron then you can get the gently caress out

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

Remember when all those B5 space sim games came out that used Newtonian motion?

Super warp to this planet! Oh you wanted to speed it up? Well gently caress you it takes you just as long to decelerate now you're lost in hyperspace. Lol

Sierra was apparently very close to finishing a B5 space combat sim in the 90s when, for some reason, the project was cancelled. I guess you'd be flying Starfuries and even White Stars.

It had sort of a pre-Matrix games thing going on where they were going to weave in the game's story into the continuity of the series and the actors from the show were doing FMV cutscene stuff, making sort of an episode of the show or something.

A guy I knew was talking about even after several years, none of the footage or stories had been released.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

If B5 didn't have Londo and G'Kar hamming it up, the series would have little to no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Now you can probably find a list of episodes focusing on the interaction between those two and skip the rest of the horrible slog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cthulu Carl posted:

Best 90s CGI is Seaquest because the ocean is so dark and hazy you can barely see anything beyond vague shapes.

I think I would still rather Watch Voyager again over Seaquest