Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

alarumklok posted:

So I tried War of the Commonwealth and it's a giant tirefire of overleveled mobs oneshotting me, and also it crashes a lot. What's my best option for a relatively less intense spawn increase mod, preferably with patrols?

That would explain why the game crashed a lot.

Would WotC also cause the game to freeze up for a few seconds every once in a while, while things loaded or is it from everything on ultra?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

mpyro posted:

That would explain why the game crashed a lot.

Would WotC also cause the game to freeze up for a few seconds every once in a while, while things loaded or is it from everything on ultra?

the freezes are from it deciding whether or not to suddenly spawn a mutant suicider directly on top of you

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
Has anybody made a mod that changes how fast you can move and/or how fast your fusion core drains according to what model power armor you've got? Heck, is that even possible in this engine?

I always wanted to get an immersion boner and feel the lore of the t-45 being a slow lunking power-guzzler versus the sleek x-01 with a reactor that will run for all intents and purposes for eternity. I feel like for all the hype and focus they put on power armor they really didn't do a whole lot with it.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

So, I installed CBBE since it seems like every neat dress-up mod requires it, but the fancy manicured hands on dirt bitten survivor is really distracting. Is there a way to fix that, or should I just scrounge up some gloves?

Edit: Oh, I can just delete the new hand meshes. Nevermind.

Crowetron fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 5, 2016

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

A while back I decided to try out CBBE for similar reasons and somehow I hosed it up and got the skin meshes...mangled? Something like that, but somehow all the ladies in the game turned into burn victims as every skin texture, including ghouls, got merged into one horrible thing.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

OhGreatAGinger posted:

Has anybody made a mod that changes how fast you can move and/or how fast your fusion core drains according to what model power armor you've got? Heck, is that even possible in this engine?

I always wanted to get an immersion boner and feel the lore of the t-45 being a slow lunking power-guzzler versus the sleek x-01 with a reactor that will run for all intents and purposes for eternity. I feel like for all the hype and focus they put on power armor they really didn't do a whole lot with it.

I don't know if anyone has but it should be possible.
I think you'd just need a script to add/remove a perk when you equipped Power Armour, with the specific perk depending on the equipped armour, then have the perk affect movement speed and fusion core drain.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Lotish posted:

A while back I decided to try out CBBE for similar reasons and somehow I hosed it up and got the skin meshes...mangled? Something like that, but somehow all the ladies in the game turned into burn victims as every skin texture, including ghouls, got merged into one horrible thing.

Yeah, its pretty horrific, I'd suggest going for NWS NUCLEAR Nude and choosing whatever dirty skin you like.

Well, as you may have noticed, all the frames are roughly the same, despite being called raider frame or whatev's and the armour just adds x amount of resistance to x damage plus being cosmetically different.
Peoples best bet is to edit this : Somewhat Unique Frames, So you have different inherent bonuses, from the frame, combined with whatever you decide to skin it with.

staberind fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jul 5, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

OhGreatAGinger posted:

Use a legendary crafting mod and make a bunch of sprinter's gear. 10% per legendary with sprinter. I tried it out it was pretty nice moving at 60%.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
I think I found the best mod. It's got cookies, giant super mutants, confetti bursts instead of blood sprays, floating damage numbers, exploding brahmin, a turret defense minigame, and goofy anime swords, among other things.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

what are some good armor mods that actually require CBBE

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tenzarin posted:

Use a legendary crafting mod and make a bunch of sprinter's gear. 10% per legendary with sprinter. I tried it out it was pretty nice moving at 60%.

Legendary Modification + Legendary Modification Enhanced things just get mad fast, also, unaked power armor, so your earings of legendary speed actually have an effect while in PA

FlyinPingu posted:

Eli's collection is pretty good, I occasionally search for "cbbe" and filter by latest mods.

staberind fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jul 5, 2016

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Roadie posted:

I think I found the best mod. It's got cookies, giant super mutants, confetti bursts instead of blood sprays, floating damage numbers, exploding brahmin, a turret defense minigame, and goofy anime swords, among other things.

god I was hoping tiny tina died with BL2 and gearbox's reputation

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

FlyinPingu posted:

Read my google document in the OP, scroll down and you'll find a few nifty clothing/armor mods that work well.

Speaking of new armor, the Bioshock Inspired Big Daddy power armor mod is done.

Feeling a little bit Cowboy now? new gun! Remington 1858 New Model Army pistol all for you!

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
Did something change with Nexus and MO? It doesn't seem to start "download with manager" links anymore. I've been trying it on two PCs including a full reinstall and nothing.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

boneration posted:

Did something change with Nexus and MO? It doesn't seem to start "download with manager" links anymore. I've been trying it on two PCs including a full reinstall and nothing.

Run MO then click the link?

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Mr.Grit posted:

Run MO then click the link?

Doesn't matter if MO is open when I click it or not.

e: figured out the problem. Chrome has erased all my protocol handling (magnet links, NXM, et cetera) and I don't know how to add one manually. Clicking the button in MO does nothing. Firefox lets me set one manually so I'm using that and it's working again.

boneration fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 5, 2016

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
This happened to me with Chrome once. Switching browsers helped and by the time I thought to try it with Chrome again it was working fine. No idea.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.
Well, now, new update for Fallout 4- guess it's time to wait for a new version of F4SE. Question is, will Vault workshop come out first?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Plotac 75 posted:

Well, now, new update for Fallout 4- guess it's time to wait for a new version of F4SE. Question is, will Vault workshop come out first?

F4se will be updated within a day most likely so no way vault DLC comes out first.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Holy poo poo. Is there a loving REASON why, even after I disabled WotC's encounter zones, I just ran into a goddamn super-mutie in the backyard of my house in Sanctuary Hills? gently caress this mod.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
Is there a reason why at this point anyone even uses WotC? Literally every post about it in here is a complaint.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Honestly that is the reason why I am not even bothering with it.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I did notice that there's an icon in the OP for mods that are buggy and it's never used but several are described as causing instability.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
WotC is the mod we love to hate, while we dread its pernicious ways, its the mod we deserve.

Its the natural evolution of F4's settlement mechanic. Own the wastes.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zelmel posted:

Is there a reason why at this point anyone even uses WotC? Literally every post about it in here is a complaint.

I just find it poorly designed. Even late game when a pack of 14 behemoths on every street corner would only pose a minor nuisance it is still just far more tedious than fun

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

WotC is fun for about an hour or two but it quickly becomes really, really tiresome. It's just a mess of enemies thrown all over the place with no rhyme or reason (why are there exploding molerats EVERYWHERE?) and the way it'll spawn them right in front of you is stupid. Add the performance issues it can cause and the terrible, terrible menus and it's just a really poo poo mod.

edit: basically the only reason people use it is because it's really the only mod of it's type available, unfortunately.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Either of the other two increased spawn mods in the op are far better.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
The "More Spawns" mod is actually really good. It comes with a holotape with a bunch of presets (low, medium, high, insane) and then you can go and further customize the spawn amounts on a per race basis, humans, wildlife, mutants, ghouls, even flying bugs (by default, all profiles are set to 0 because the guy hates them or something) -- I've only had one issue with it during the silver shroud quest you have to temporarily disable it with the holotape, because otherwise the raiders it spawns gently caress up the quest. After that, I just turned it back on and went on my merry way.

The medium setting is adequate for me.

Oh it also has a clean up script so it automatically tidies up the extra spawns so it doesn't gently caress your save or kill your computer.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

The "More Spawns" mod is actually really good. It comes with a holotape with a bunch of presets (low, medium, high, insane) and then you can go and further customize the spawn amounts on a per race basis, humans, wildlife, mutants, ghouls, even flying bugs (by default, all profiles are set to 0 because the guy hates them or something) -- I've only had one issue with it during the silver shroud quest you have to temporarily disable it with the holotape, because otherwise the raiders it spawns gently caress up the quest. After that, I just turned it back on and went on my merry way.

The medium setting is adequate for me.

Oh it also has a clean up script so it automatically tidies up the extra spawns so it doesn't gently caress your save or kill your computer.

well don't link it or anything

Sliparoon
May 1, 2002

Hammertime, Bitches!

Plotac 75 posted:

The beta version f4se seems to work fine for me after the update. Mind you I started a new game yesterday so ymmv.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16044/

Were you sad you could only make one faction at a time full of unkillable people and X-01 armor? BE SAD NO MORE, now you can do it to all of them! It requires multiple ESPs for some reason and it tells you to disable the Minutemen one if you don't side with them for some reason. Also Danse and Deacon are now killable by the player for no reason that they can figure out.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The Iron Rose posted:

well don't link it or anything

It's in the OP.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Who is DDProductions83 and are his mods funny haha or funny off-meds? Eg. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15842/

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Seashell Salesman posted:

Who is DDProductions83 and are his mods funny haha or funny off-meds? Eg. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15842/

That person has made a ton of small, individual mods, ranging from standard stuff like "more faction-based decorations for settlement mode" to one-off silly things like "everything has a bunch of lens flares all the time", so the idea is probably to show them all off mixed together in a single extremely silly quest. If you look at their Nexus info they're also working on actual real quest mod too.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

They make fun of CBBE in their fixable castle walls mod, so they're ok in my book.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Little of column a, little of column b. I use a few of his that do little utilitarian things.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
DDProductions83 is a mad scientist and a treasure to the fallout mod community.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Well that all sounds good. If anyone tries Cookipocolypse please report back to the thread because I can't tell what the hell it does from the description and am mid-way through a run already.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

I donated to the Modder on the premise of an April fools joke, I regret nothing.
Everything I build usually involves their "Glass stuff" mod, He rants plenty on youtube about stuff, sounds like a typical demented Goon.
his latest merge is pretty mental, I'd go for the prior one, or manually merge some of his building mods.

The "Shut up little Longs" mod seems to suck, so I will try again later,
right now I am merging all the "Add Legendary effects to weapons & armor" mods I have atm, and making them all play well together.
this involved making some (many) constructable (for a significant amount of materials) & detachable, eventually I will go overboard and give absolutely everything the ability to have 4 mods on the awkcr weapons and armor benches.
I have no idea how to script in objects dropping with more than one effect, so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Step back, plebeians, a true king of mods has come.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16069/