Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
That was some good fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I can only hope other runs are as good as this one.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Bought the game and donated a cat pun for the run, you are awesome half :3:

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

give half a follow on twich if you're registered and have a second

https://www.twitch.tv/halfcoordinated

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Eonwe posted:

the pixel work on this game is loving sick

this

how the hell was all the graphics done by TWO PEOPLE

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

halfcoordinated you're an amazing person.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
halfcoordinated delivers, as expected.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Glad i checked back in early, all those short games bumped momo up a lot earlier than the time estimate from a few hours ago. a good run, as expected

Ten Wasted Dollars
Oct 24, 2010
I missed that...what did he say?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

God, I teared up listening to him. Love this guy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think the reader also needs a quick break there.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Halfcoordinated is a cool dude and I feel bad about joking about him awkwardly petting the cat plush earlier.

i thought you were honest about it being allergies! you monster

Half is pretty cool. Also Momodora was cool. gently caress, I need my credit card back.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Well, I just teared up a gosh darned little at this speedrunning marathon and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
lol if you missed the Momodora run. :yaycloud:

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

It's gonna be really hard to follow after that. I don't think I could have expected anything quite as touching as that. Thank you, Halfcoordinated.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
I turned away for a few minutes and missed it. What happened? I was looking at the Steam page for Momodora anyway, and I need very little convincing to poorly spend money at this point.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Alighieri posted:

his chat is out of control

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Ten Wasted Dollars posted:

I missed that...what did he say?

Pure distilled inspiration.

I don't remember the whole thing, but the best line for me was:

"I'm not going to tell you, you don't have limits, because that's just empty. But your limits are probably way further out than you think."

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

BeanBandit posted:

I turned away for a few minutes and missed it. What happened? I was looking at the Steam page for Momodora anyway, and I need very little convincing to poorly spend money at this point.

Half loving rules.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

i feel bad that i stepped away for a minute to grab food from the kitchen x.x

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Alighieri posted:

:laffo: I forgot about that Vanquish wallpaper.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

He got a lot of donations during the run along the lines of "Hey, I only have one working hand too, thanks for proving we're good enough to do these things." so he gave a little speech about how lucky he was to inspire people. It was very sweet.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Sir Tonk posted:

his chat is out of control

had 4k followers at start, now up to 6k

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
All of his appearances on *GDQ have been amazing, for one thing or another. I think it started with Vanquish and there was that Platinum Transformers game this past January.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Easily the most heartwarming run I've seen in GDQ history. :unsmith:

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
That actually made me cry. I love that you can hear the emotion in the announcer's voice. Goddamn, HC.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Beekeeping and You posted:

He got a lot of donations during the run along the lines of "Hey, I only have one working hand too, thanks for proving we're good enough to do these things." so he gave a little speech about how lucky he was to inspire people. It was very sweet.

That's awesome. I can't wait until it gets uploaded to Youtube. :unsmith:

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

I make small artsy indie videogames about being disabled and wheeeew golly this run might have turned on the waterworks for me -- rather unexpected since I just got home from work and threw on the stream. Raddest streamer, definitely following their twitch.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I'm not sure halfcoordinated's actually happened, because he played an anime game and then everyone stood up and clapped.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Wow I'm honestly surprised. I just got back from meeting up with a friend and I only caught the end of halfcoordinated's speech, but I seriously expected to come into this thread and see dozens of broken, hosed-up, "ironic" goons making fun of someone for "crying over videogames". gently caress those people.

Anyway, I just donated without even having seen the run and I'll be watching the VOD as soon as it's up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

I'm not sure halfcoordinated's actually happened, because he played an anime game and then everyone stood up and clapped.

anime is good though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Erata posted:

lol if you missed the Momodora run. :yaycloud:

I did :( I'll have to catch the vod later to see what all the hype was about in this thread

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Innerguard posted:

That actually made me cry. I love that you can hear the emotion in the announcer's voice. Goddamn, HC.

Bob was definitely the right host for that run, kudos schedulers

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Yesss, the pun storm is here.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Keep the awful puns coming :allears:

Edit: Awful puns broke the stream :smith:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Innerguard posted:

Announcer really sold the dad donation.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Just put together that the donation that the announcer stopped reading halfway through for being a spoiler was probably a "Doctors Without Hodors" joke.

That HC run was great, doubly regret not buying Momodora in the Steam sale now.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

This has been a loving rollercoaster of a day for SGDQ. I didn't think anything could be more memorable than romscout's blindfolded SotN, but here we are.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
man they really are having issues keeping the stream up

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Eonwe posted:

anime is good though

it's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alighieri