Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
Really glad I could catch that run, it was something else. :unsmith:
That dad donation was a pretty good feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

What a perfect ending to SGDQ, no need for the stream to return.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Man, I need to go back and watch the other runs this guy has done. That was great.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Game looked pretty boring but Halfcoordinated beating any difficult game with only one hand is pretty amazing. Solid run overall.

Burginator posted:

Man, I need to go back and watch the other runs this guy has done. That was great.

He did a run last GDQ of a Transformer's game. He held a janky Optimus Prime toy in his bad hand the whole time.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Well looks like the GDQ team realized no one is going to beat Half's run so they stopped the stream.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

thank you.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Hi, I'm posting here to also point out how awesome Halfcoordinated is, alright cya.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

My net is particuarly bad today so I can't tell if the stream really keeps cutting or if my net is just acting up

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Internet Kraken posted:

Game looked pretty boring but Halfcoordinated beating any difficult game with only one hand is pretty amazing. Solid run overall.

He did a run last GDQ of a Transformer's game. He held a janky Optimus Prime toy in his bad hand the whole time.

Gnu was telling me about another run he did where he held somebody's hand the whole run :3:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Thank you! Wow that was... fast! :haw:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Vermain posted:

This has been a loving rollercoaster of a day for SGDQ. I didn't think anything could be more memorable than romscout's blindfolded SotN, but here we are.

Hey, I told you today was a good speedrun day. We can only hope tomorrow is as good.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Burginator posted:

Gnu was telling me about another run he did where he held somebody's hand the whole run :3:

Yeah that was his run of vanquish.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Shame I couldn't see this live, the place GDQ is held at is 1-2 hours away from me so I actually was there Sunday and Monday, but had to work today and no time to drive back tonight. Would have been cool to be there live for that.

On another note, it's storming like it's the apocalypse or something in this area right now, so I'm guessing that might be what the technical difficulties are all about.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Alighieri posted:

had 4k followers at start, now up to 6k

over 7k now, geez

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

It didn't even occur to me until I saw him reach for the cat figure that the dude actually has a disability and wasn't just handicapping himself for the sake of the run by doing it one-handed. I might be the dumbest person on the planet. :saddowns:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Burginator posted:

He was supposed to hold hands with a girl who is battling cancer and has also lost control of half of her body. Unfortunately, her condition has worsened and she couldn't travel to SGDQ. It's one of the reasons he was so emotional.

It's also why he wants the FFA girl to be named Sam.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I'm only a few minutes in and I'm already like :aaa:

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

TheMadMilkman posted:

He was supposed to hold hands with a girl who is battling cancer and has also lost control of half of her body. Unfortunately, her condition has worsened and she couldn't travel to SGDQ. It's one of the reasons he was so emotional.

Oh jeez. Welp, time to donate for that, how could I not

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

I got to the stream late, didn't realize his runner's choice donation incentive was for Sam.

Thanks dude. If her siblings are still here when that run happens I'll get them to see it.

Burginator posted:

Oh jeez. Welp, time to donate for that, how could I not

As the guy that has her siblings sleeping in the next room, thanks.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

TheMadMilkman posted:

my feels, time to donate

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Macaluso posted:

I'm only a few minutes in and I'm already like :aaa:

It'll go to :aaaaa: soon.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

:3:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Another game with a barf o matic fov, great

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh man that was a good run. He'd keep turning it on so the toy would speak in response to questions and stuff :kimchi:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

BeanBandit posted:

It didn't even occur to me until I saw him reach for the cat figure that the dude actually has a disability and wasn't just handicapping himself for the sake of the run by doing it one-handed. I might be the dumbest person on the planet. :saddowns:

Yeah I thought he was just a showboater when there were donation incentives for one-handed cam AND holding an Optimus Prime figure for his Transformers Devastation run in January...when they finally mentioned the reality of the situation I felt like a real heel.

Also jeez there's another heartbreaking wrinkle to that run? I can only take so much.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

this cloudbuilt game is kinda unpleasant to watch

it looks fun as hell to play but the speed or the fov or something is kinda messing with me

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
In a completely different direction, this game is murdering the bitrate between the QuakePro FOV and whatever that sketch filter is.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

Yeah I thought he was just a showboater when there were donation incentives for one-handed cam AND holding an Optimus Prime figure for his Transformers Devastation run in January...when they finally mentioned the reality of the situation I felt like a real heel.

Also jeez there's another heartbreaking wrinkle to that run? I can only take so much.
It's not necessarily a bad thing? Romscout has apparently been talking to a blind person about playing SotN, so sometimes these showboating gimmicks can inspire people to start running games themselves.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Over 3k followers and his chat is full of love for the man.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, this game is Madworld levels of encoding-unfriendly. FOV is fine to me.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Brother Entropy posted:

it looks fun as hell to play but the speed or the fov or something is kinda messing with me

I was thinking that myself, but looking up gameplay on Steam and Youtube, the camera actually looks fairly alright normally and for whatever reason I guess they just set the FOV absurdly high because :shrug:.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/halfcoordinated/status/750525997188014080

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

When he said parkour I was expecting an indie spiritual sequel to Mirror's Edge

this is like F-Zero meets the flud-less mario levels

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, even though encoding murders this game it looks fun as hell.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Brother Entropy posted:

I tried to watch a little bit of it but it just doesn't look good on the stream. It looks awesome though so I'll try it myself sometime, it looks fun.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
The music is pretty rad.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

wait, when did audiosurf get put on the schedule?

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Game looks really cool, but I'm not sure how it would be to play casually.

E: Are those bagpipes in the soundtrack? lol if so but also I'm into it.

Herbotron fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 6, 2016

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
good night nerds.

Hasta maņana.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also the stream is lagging like crazy here since this run started and I'm not sure if it's the game or Twitch being the throttled piece of poo poo it is sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Dias posted:

Also the stream is lagging like crazy here since this run started and I'm not sure if it's the game or Twitch being the throttled piece of poo poo it is sometimes.

not lagging for me, lots of artifacting, but that's the game being gotta go fast incarnate.

• Locked thread