Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Yesss, the painful puns continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

There's over a hundred hours of air time to fill, and running the same familiar games twice a year would be boring. Also I enjoy finding hidden gems or just larger titles I passed on that actually look cool when run.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Is the tracklisting for bumper music new this year? It's a really nice touch.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Nah they had it off and on in SGDQ in January IIRC.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

braid :barf:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
look it's lazy cosplaying "dude in suit" especially if you look like agent 47 instead of braidude

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

it's about a nuclear bomb. or something.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Braid is a good platformer.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
Braid is fine and the music is cool and yeah I'm like nowhere near smart enough to actual beat it so this run works out.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

He should have worn a wig :colbert:

(good cosplay, not a thing I expected to say about this run)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Braid is a game with a great gimmick with the time rewinding but also has bad platforming, slow boring movement and an ugly art style. Braid is one of those games I just never got the hype for beyond the time rewind thing.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Dias posted:

look it's lazy cosplaying "dude in suit" especially if you look like agent 47 instead of braidude

hi i'm your high school principal and this is games done quick

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
I would have never have heard of this Momodora series were it not for this stream and I feel like my life has been bettered for it. Primetime Indie Game Night is a good thing.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

he should do 100% braid speedrun because i want to see two hours of cloud sitting

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Braid is a game with a great gimmick with the time rewinding but also has bad platforming, slow boring movement and an ugly art style. Braid is one of those games I just never got the hype for beyond the time rewind thing.

This is a decent opinion of Braid. The hype was mainly aping Super Mario and then being subversive with its plot and some of its puzzles.

Fez takes the cake on extreme puzzle subversion.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dias posted:

Oh that's what that is? I thought this dude just got off work or some poo poo

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

Beekeeping and You posted:

he should do 100% braid speedrun because i want to see two hours of cloud sitting

I bet there are like four insane shut-ins who actually run that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Macaluso posted:

I disagree about "ugly art style", unless you mean the faces. I also think the platforming itself is serviceable. But really, it's more that it predated the whole "retro" thing and the indie game boom while having a pretty clever puzzle mechanic. Like, it was something...fresh? Nowadays we have a thousand different options.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Dias posted:

I disagree about "ugly art style", unless you mean the faces. I also think the platforming itself is serviceable. But really, it's more that it predated the whole "retro" thing and the indie game boom while having a pretty clever puzzle mechanic. Like, it was something...fresh? Nowadays we have a thousand different options.

It was also before there were a million pretentious indie platformers for you to take your pick of, so all that poo poo with the stars and atom bombs really enticed me when I was younger :shobon:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
This is a good run. I hope Jonny Blow is taking note. :colbert:

I like my platforms nice and puzzley, so I enjoyed playing this long ago. I had no awareness of its deep lore when I was done.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I would have never have heard of this Momodora series were it not for this stream and I feel like my life has been bettered for it. Primetime Indie Game Night is a good thing.

Can you get Momodora 1 or 2 anywhere? 3's on Steam and I assume Reverie is supposed to be 4

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Jonathan Blow is a whiny shithead but Braid's an okay game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

voltcatfish posted:

Can you get Momodora 1 or 2 anywhere? 3's on Steam and I assume Reverie is supposed to be 4

Google says they're "free" but not on Steam:

https://rdein.itch.io/momodora-i

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
yo temmie drew the momodora title screen what

Also Braid speedrun is kinda cool.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

yeah, that cycle skip at the end was good, will show it off next time i teach this

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Haha he actually got the nuke ending without the stars, I don't think that's meant to be possible

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

apparently an RTA world record? huh

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
:golfclap: Nice WR.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
Braid run was great. Love the "cosplay" from the runners.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I'm glad that car salesman got the RTA record

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I don't hate Braid or anything but I find the game to be less memorable than this video of Soulja Boy talking about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXofLK5hFQ

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Bubba Smith posted:

Oh that's what that is? I thought this dude just got off work or some poo poo

Same here, I didn't put that together at all

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

not gonna lie i was skeptical a braid speedrun would be even remotely interesting but it turns out it was one of the more enjoyable experiences of the event so far :golfclap:

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Jibo posted:

I don't hate Braid or anything but I find the game to be less memorable than this video of Soulja Boy talking about it.

It's because that Soulja Boy video is completely perfect and Braid is merely good not bad.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I remember I had a rapid fire pad as a kid. Setting rapid fire on weapon switch with two Crush guns could kill anything in seconds.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Jibo posted:

lmao. I am glad people remember all this stuff.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I got Contra III for Christmas one year and we had to go to a relative's for New Years and I was having trouble beating the game. So I got to the helicopter fight and put a chair on the fire button and stood in the corner and came back to 99 lives. The best.

IT'S NOT KNITTING

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Erata posted:

lmao. I am glad people remember all this stuff.

2009 was a simpler time

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
it's not knitting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Is the lady on the couch one who has done the donation-announcing before? Her voice is super familiar.

• Locked thread