Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Deteriorata posted:

Fortunately, the Clinton campaign can afford to highlight one idiotic Trumpism a day for until November and never run out.

Is he wrong?

Iraq WAS better under Saddam, and Saddam WAS really good at killing terrorists... and dissidents... and Kurds... especially their women and children...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

David Frum's convulsions over the last 4 years or so have been loving great.

Almost as good as David Brooks longily staring at the whiskey bottle live on NPR

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Montasque posted:

Is he wrong?

Iraq WAS better under Saddam, and Saddam WAS really good at killing terrorists... and dissidents... and Kurds... especially their women and children...

You don't think trump would bend the definition of terrorist to whatever he wants to get rid of political enemies do you? I mean just because that was mainly what all those cool strongman dictators did and he loves him for that, he wouldn't want to emulate that, surely.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

shiksa posted:

You don't think trump would bend the definition of terrorist to whatever he wants to get rid of political enemies do you? I mean just because that was mainly what all those cool strongman dictators did and he loves him for that, he wouldn't want to emulate that, surely.
One of Saddam's political enemies he tried to have knocked off, btw, was former U.S. president George H.W. Bush.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

shiksa posted:

I highly doubt the house, the senate, or the supreme court would allow President Trump to do much let alone brand everyone as terrorists.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ralphdouthat/status/750533217946656772

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I'm starting to think more and more the RNC will actually be an intervention. Trump will walk in thinking it's all about lauding him, and he'll find everyone sitting in a circle with one chair open for Donald to sit at. Then they'll all explain to him how he's hurting everyone around him and he doesn't realise that he's out of control.

It will all end with Donald storming out yelling "I can stop anytime I want!"

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Montasque posted:

I highly doubt the house, the senate, or the supreme court would allow President Trump to do much let alone brand everyone as terrorists.

The ridiculous argument that making an insane idiot the most powerful person in the US government will be fine because someone will stop him before he does all the crazy poo poo he is promising to do.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Hillary should just play that audio and show pictures of wounded and KIA OIF vets non stop between now and November.

She'd get 538 electoral votes.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Chief Justice Roberts is actually the ace in the hole. At the inauguration, the Bible is covered in Krazy Glue and filled with dynamite.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/750434330841841664

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

PotatoManJack posted:

I'm starting to think more and more the RNC will actually be an intervention. Trump will walk in thinking it's all about lauding him, and he'll find everyone sitting in a circle with one chair open for Donald to sit at. Then they'll all explain to him how he's hurting everyone around him and he doesn't realise that he's out of control.

It will all end with Donald storming out yelling "I can stop anytime I want!"

in true RNC fasion, that chair will be empty

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

as the nominee

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

By golly I ain't never been to a big ol city like Cleveland before, of course I'm a fixing to go

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol at the way they're going to have to set up his teleprompters.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Did the reveal happen piece by piece?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I'm the windscreen placed on a mic that's being used indoors

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Three Olives posted:

The ridiculous argument that making an insane idiot the most powerful person in the US government will be fine because someone will stop him before he does all the crazy poo poo he is promising to do.

You need support of the other branches of government to pass bills, budgets, ect, he just cant executive order his way into deporting 11 million people, building a wall, or declaring war on the world.

His own party hates his guts and unless he does the regular branded horrible poo poo they want he wont get anything done.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

So much for the whole "revolt at the convention" thing

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

speaking of high energy

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

deoju posted:

Hillary should just play that audio and show pictures of wounded and KIA OIF vets non stop between now and November.

She'd get 538 electoral votes.

Thats a tough one for Hillary to pull off since she voted for the war when she was a Senator.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

So much for the whole "revolt at the convention" thing

the delegates may not be revolting but the speakers sure are

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

I'm the windscreen placed on a mic that's being used indoors

He's been spittin sunflower seed shells

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Three Olives posted:

Remember this from last month?

quote:

Republican leaders say they are confident that Mr. Trump would respect the rule of law if elected. “He’ll have a White House counsel,” Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the majority leader, told Hugh Hewitt, the radio host, on Monday. “There will be others who point out there’s certain things you can do and you can’t do.”
http://nytimes.com/2016/06/04/us/politics/donald-trump-constitution-power.html

Joementum memorably said at the time that, even if Trump did listen to his White House Counsel, maybe we shouldn't elect a president who needs a babysitter.

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

Leviathan posted:

speaking of high energy

He's just getting tired of all the winning.

e: whinning

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

mdemone posted:

Did the reveal happen piece by piece?

Oh man I forgot about that. I can't even believe we get 5 more months of this show!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

the delegates may not be revolting but the speakers sure are

I'll admit it, I laughed

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

William Bear posted:

Remember this from last month?

http://nytimes.com/2016/06/04/us/politics/donald-trump-constitution-power.html

Joementum memorably said at the time that, even if Trump did listen to his White House Counsel, maybe we shouldn't elect a president who needs a babysitter.

Pretty much. He won't hunt down and execute mark cuban but I don't really want a president who has to be told he can't.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/750541100507619328

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Scott Walk's voice is beautiful backed up by the singing bullfrogs he demanded for the speech

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Montasque posted:

Good thing President Hindenberg and the Reichstag were around to stop Hitler before he became anything more than Chancellor.

You play with fire, don't be surprised if you get burned.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i think i'm now convinced he's a plant. the timing of his outbursts and how they always hide hillary's mistakes are just too suspect.

i hope i'm wrong, though. what would be even better is he actually isn't a plant, but at the end says he's a plant to save face. like completely disavowing his statements and dunking on the rnc and how this was all revenge. yet it actually wasn't. he just wants to save face and be loved/famous/lauded that much. he totally would give up his beliefs for that kind of attention

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

daily reminder that John Dingell owns:

https://twitter.com/JohnDingell/status/750522221387509764

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Nameless_Steve posted:

Good thing President Hindenberg and the Reichstag were around to stop Hitler before he became anything more than Chancellor.

To be fair, law had already broken down in the Weimar Republic because Hitler and the Nazi Party were already trying to get rid of all the sheriffs.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Corek posted:

We need a Bill Kristol emote by now

Henry Kissinger
May 17, 2016

by Shine

https://twitter.com/BobbyBigWheel/status/750519781489537025

Heheh.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Jygallax posted:

Trying to make Trump a Russian plant is dumb but there's no doubt at all that Putin desperately wants him to win.

I think Putin would like Donnie to win, but at the same time, doesn't want to hitch his wagon too close. Trump's just too unpredictable, push him only a little too far, and he'll go ballistic. You need to constantly suck up to him, and he'll gush praise at you and call you a genius.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Nameless_Steve posted:

You play with fire, don't be surprised if you get burned.

The government of the United States is a lot stronger institutionally than the Weimar Republic, and last time I checked Trump didn't have a political party and a paramilitary force loyal to him.

Trump can't even get members of his own party to show up to his big convention, hell the news that Scott Walker would be there is a big deal... I mean Scott Walker... Gross.

E:

Abel Wingnut posted:

i think i'm now convinced he's a plant. the timing of his outbursts and how they always hide hillary's mistakes are just too suspect.

i hope i'm wrong, though. what would be even better is he actually isn't a plant, but at the end says he's a plant to save face. like completely disavowing his statements and dunking on the rnc and how this was all revenge. yet it actually wasn't. he just wants to save face and be loved/famous/lauded that much. he totally would give up his beliefs for that kind of attention

Trump has been saying this Saddam/Terrorist thing for a year now. Its the media who have decided this is now a big deal.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Abel Wingnut posted:

but honestly though, imagine how loving damaging and hilarious it would be that a hillary plant was able to win the republican nomination? like how the amount of distrust it would cause for the GOP, i've got a semi just thinking about it tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Montasque posted:

Trump has been saying this Saddam/Terrorist thing for a year now. Its the media who have decided this is now a big deal.

i wonder if he's them deciding it's a big deal now or just he's been flooding the airwaves with other fuckups?

• Locked thread