Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Y'all keep posting recommendations/reviews ITT (I think), but they never make it into the OP. I don't follow the thread actively so it's really hard to find them. Which runs would you recommend so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
The schedule isnt really amazing this year, shitloads of VERY obscure games while poo poo like Turok and Illusion of Gaia apparently gets denied. Must explain why the hall has mostly been empty for the bits I watched.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

30 seconds in, already muted

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Athropos posted:

The schedule isnt really amazing this year, shitloads of VERY obscure games while poo poo like Turok and Illusion of Gaia apparently gets denied. Must explain why the hall has mostly been empty for the bits I watched.

Still waitin on Silent Hill Homecoming, a hilariously buggy run, to not be denied to a recent GDQ over here. :(

Athropos
May 4, 2004

this runner is passive agressive as hell

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

This guy is every awful nerd combined

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Double Bill posted:

30 seconds in, already muted

Yeah that a good stopping point for the night.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The first 30 seconds was a joke.

Not a great joke, albeit.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Rorus Raz posted:

The first 30 seconds was a joke.

Not a great joke, albeit.

Too bad the rest of it isn't

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

There is still some painfully awful verbal diarrhea going on here.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
"The first bit is a joke! I'm not insufferable"

*continues to be insufferable*

I was thinking this couldn't get much worse, then I looked down and the estimate is over an hour. See you tomorrow SDGQ.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Trash Boat posted:

He was supposed to be in Mario Maker, but got sick before the event and had to be subbed.

:smith: Man, that sucks. He and Witwix are like two of most entertaining runners at GDQ, and I don't see Witwix's name on the schedule either. Hope he's doing okay.

Also, how do you speedrun Mario Maker? Did the runners make a bunch of levels to play for the event, or does Mario Maker have a example level set included?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I like how he got smug about destroying my childhood via speedrunning Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

It's where I quit, never lie to me and say it got better.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
loving this pacifist run boys

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Shoutouts to supercuts.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I saw an ad for this game in a game magazine and thought it looked lame

that's my ty the tasmanian tiger story

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Athropos posted:

They did do a lengthy indie block this year. About eight hours of indie games, many of which were under thirty minutes and really obscure.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

This guy's tone of voice is so loving smug. It's like a parody but it's not. Look at how smart and good I am for running some kind of obscure banjo kazooie clone.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Erata posted:

Shoutouts to supercuts.

can you goldmine individual posts

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

:smith: Man, that sucks. He and Witwix are like two of most entertaining runners at GDQ, and I don't see Witwix's name on the schedule either. Hope he's doing okay.

Also, how do you speedrun Mario Maker? Did the runners make a bunch of levels to play for the event, or does Mario Maker have a example level set included?
It's a race where the levels are made in advance and the runners have never seen them before.

It was one of the highlights of AGDQ earlier this year.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

this guy reminds me of petrus of thorolund

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Also Tasmanian tigers aren't felines :smug:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

It's okay for there to be silence friend. You don't have to fill every single second with meandering stuttering dialogue.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

Rorus Raz posted:

They did do a lengthy indie block this year. About eight hours of indie games, many of which were under thirty minutes and really obscure.

Highlights of the indie block was super meat boy for the pure skill involved and the Braid run because of good commentary and the mindfuck of watching that poo poo for people who never did this game. Otherwise it was pretty bland. Dustforce looked cool.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

10 kills so far for the pacifist run. jesus christ this guy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this guy wont be back next year lol

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Athropos posted:

Highlights of the indie block was super meat boy for the pure skill involved and the Braid run because of good commentary and the mindfuck of watching that poo poo for people who never did this game. Otherwise it was pretty bland. Dustforce looked cool.
Watch the Momodora run, because that was the highlight of the whole block. Dustforce was easily the distant second because of the relaxed commentary and pure skill.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Poultron posted:

10 kills so far for the pacifist run. jesus christ this guy

It's okay he's donating money for every enemy he kills? :shrug:

I dunno about this run guys. This might be it for me.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

ohj my loving god

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

QUALITY SPEEDRUNNING

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Xenothral posted:

It's okay he's donating money for every enemy he kills? :shrug:

I dunno about this run guys. This might be it for me.

yeah, one loving dollar, lol

Athropos
May 4, 2004

hahaha fraud

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

throw this guy in the bin

Poultron
May 26, 2006

11 kills boys

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This is like an inoffensive version of the Crash 2 guy. Like he's not talking about suicide or maybe jokes about domestic abuse, but he's clearly nervous and trying to fill dead air with something. Anything.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

I saw an ad for this game in a game magazine and thought it looked lame

that's my ty the tasmanian tiger story

This also all I know about the other it was 6 bucks in a bargain bin wen I brought it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzsC1qSqFDo

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Poultron posted:

yeah, one loving dollar, lol

Breaking the bank there

Poultron
May 26, 2006

i like how he mentioned near the start that the auto-targeting might make him kill some enemies on accident. that would be fine, but all of his kills have been his fault, lol

Northan
Nov 6, 2011

Spear Spear Spear Spear
Spear Spear Spear Spear
You know it's a good run when the shrill boss screech is better than the commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athropos
May 4, 2004

I miss dudebro from demons crest already

• Locked thread