Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Ok it is on Wii U and here's a video that shows it off pretty well. Don't get turned off by the king constantly bitching in the vid because it's not non-stop like that in the actual game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M-mNbs5mR0

The main gameplay mechanic is those ropes that you tie to the chariot but you also unlock other tools later that let you do different things. It's not one big open world like a Metroid game but instead there's a world map and a bunch of levels have alternate exits like in SMW that unlock different routes. The game is really fun honestly and I never hear anybody talk about it but I imagine that's because the co-op is local only and even though the game is technically playable single player I feel like it would be kinda soulless and it's my understanding it's impossible to complete some of the optional challenges without doing co-op (which were some of my favorite parts of the game)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Bobnumerotres posted:

a whole slew of postgame levels that are just on-crack versions of the regular levels, eventually unlocking a super challenge level i havent even loving beaten yet because it's so brutal

Champion Road is out of my league.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

goferchan posted:

Ok it is on Wii U and here's a video that shows it off pretty well. Don't get turned off by the king constantly bitching in the vid because it's not non-stop like that in the actual game

The main gameplay mechanic is those ropes that you tie to the chariot but you also unlock other tools later that let you do different things. It's not one big open world like a Metroid game but instead there's a world map and a bunch of levels have alternate exits like in SMW that unlock different routes. The game is really fun honestly and I never hear anybody talk about it but I imagine that's because the co-op is local only and even though the game is technically playable single player I feel like it would be kinda soulless and it's my understanding it's impossible to complete some of the optional challenges without doing co-op (which were some of my favorite parts of the game)

im an sjw cuck

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i have chariot on steam but i was thinking id buy it on my wiiu since thats where im more likely to play a coop game instead of packing people into my tiny study

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

im an sjw cuck

Uh the game is actually good, hth

Soral
May 30, 2009

pokemon go is now available, in new zealand

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

idk. games should get hard once the player has a feel for the mechanics, but mario games pull their punches until the very end. like kirby games though that doesnt stop them from being fun, i just really like getting my rear end kicked

Yeah I guess my point is I think the game is appropriately tuned for most of its target audience. I may be wrong because I'm trying to average out the difficulty between myself who has been gaming autistically for 25+ years and my girlfriend who has literally never played a game before. But I think a lot of stuff that you or I can do on autopilot is actually fairly complex if it's not hardwired in your blood. Like that autoscroll level early in world 3 was brutal.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jul 6, 2016

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

This looks cool, thanks! I'll check it out.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The iOS Pokemon game just launched and one of the in-app-purchase options lets you spend $100 on Poke-Coins. Finally I can give Nintendo the money they deserve

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
is 3,d land comparably good to 3d world? i dont have wiiu

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

One Man Trash posted:

I found it kind of unmemorable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah I guess my point is I think the game is appropriately tuned for most of its target audience. I may be wrong because I'm trying to average out the difficulty between myself who has been gaming autistically for 25+ years and my girlfriend who has literally never played a game before. But I think a lot of stuff that you or I can do on autopilot is actually fairly complex if it's not hardwired in your blood. Like that autoscroll level early in world 3 was brutal.

Mario Maker made me have this realization, that the majority of people who own a console can barely muster enough brain function to jump over a pit without landing on a piranha plant on the other side

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Mario Maker made me have this realization, that the majority of people who own a console can barely muster enough brain function to jump over a pit without landing on a piranha plant on the other side

mario maker made me realise that time you run into a pit without jumping and laugh at how dumb that was is like every other normies experience playing a game and theu find it incredibly frustrating and will bash furniture like an ape

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
3D World is tuned perfectly for the gamer who likes to get a little faded and goof around

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

One Man Trash posted:

It's great, not quite as good as 3D World but definitely worth playing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love the Mario kart level

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

One Man Trash posted:

it's a 3DS Essential™

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I found it kind of unmemorable

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's great, not quite as good as 3D World but definitely worth playing

The Milkman posted:

it's a 3DS Essential™

thank you. im gonna buy it and play with my yung nephew

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

One Man Trash posted:

thank you. im gonna buy it and play with my yung nephew

I do not believe it is multiplayer

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I do not believe it is multiplayer

we're gonna hang out and take turns playing like i did with his dad when i was the same age

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
http://twitter.com/hal_laboratory/status/750887053970149376

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i hope that cafe is still open in september..

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
3D Land is good. I have a hard time finishing games these days but I finished that one.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wish I still lived in Japan...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/KirbyCafeJP/status/750886020275531776

cute gif

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Chariot looks cool nice dude

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I turned on my 3ds and found where I left off in Paper Jam. at the part where fight 2 boss pokeys who can infinitely regenerate body segments. you're supposed to knock them out and then hit the head where its actual hp is. you get one hit in then it regenerates the whole thing. but when you kill one of them the other gets to take 2 turns. so if you're down to one guy alive from not remembering how all the gimmicks work after putting it down for 5 months you literally Can't Win because it just immediately regenerates as soon as you spend your one attack. anyway that's how i spent the last 20 minutes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That's like the first real boss and it gets harder from there :getin:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

That's like the first real boss and it gets harder from there :getin:

this is the truth. i got a pretty big rush when i finally beat wiggler

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Milkman posted:

I turned on my 3ds and found where I left off in Paper Jam. at the part where fight 2 boss pokeys who can infinitely regenerate body segments. you're supposed to knock them out and then hit the head where its actual hp is. you get one hit in then it regenerates the whole thing. but when you kill one of them the other gets to take 2 turns. so if you're down to one guy alive from not remembering how all the gimmicks work after putting it down for 5 months you literally Can't Win because it just immediately regenerates as soon as you spend your one attack. anyway that's how i spent the last 20 minutes

sounds like you're a newb

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

mysterious loyall X posted:

sounds like you're a newb

ya

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

no angry version for the american market, what were they thinking

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
UPDATE: i went back in and apparently still had the starter gear equipped. its a lot easier when everything isnt a ohko

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i beat affoedable space adventures yesterday with my friend. good game that makes you yell at each other sometimes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Whoa monster hunter comes out Friday??

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i also beat yoshis wooly world and am going through getting the collectibles i missed and playing the bonus worlds. good day in terms of gaming

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

goferchan posted:

The iOS Pokemon game just launched and one of the in-app-purchase options lets you spend $100 on Poke-Coins. Finally I can give Nintendo the money they deserve
Nintendo didn't make the game and don't own the pokemon rights.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bill Barber posted:

Nintendo didn't make the game and don't own the pokemon rights.

wait...what

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pokemon is not Nintendo, and this is not part of the Nintendo cell phone stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im hoping that that phone fire emblem game isn't dog crap