Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

imagine having that thought ooze into your head and then typing it up on an internet forum and hitting submit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

imagine having that thought ooze into your head and then typing it up on an internet forum and hitting submit

4 years from now every kid will be dressing up as Aquaman for Halloween and holding Atlantis-themed birthday parties, loving :toxx: me if you doubt it :mad:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

hahahaha god drat

Entourage will be validated for its shocking prescience

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

can you imagine how clever Hack Snyder thought he was when realised that superman and batman's mum have the same name?

naem
May 29, 2011

Fonzarelli posted:

can you imagine how clever Hack Snyder thought he was when realised that superman and batman's mum have the same name?

I think he just plays with a huge and immaculate model train set and adjusts numbers in a spreadsheet to maximize its efficiency and if anyone interrupts train time he makes high pitched dog noises and flaps his hands around autistically

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Aquaman as a horror film. Lovecraftian-type monsters are rising from the sea, killing people in some peaceful ocean front community, hollowing out their bodies and wearing them like clothing, trying to build a secret empire to branch out.

Aquaman rolls into town like Kyle Reese/Terminator, needing to track them down and kill them and protect and team up with some semi-name metahuman with powers.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

JediTalentAgent posted:

Aquaman as a horror film. Lovecraftian-type monsters are rising from the sea, killing people in some peaceful ocean front community, hollowing out their bodies and wearing them like clothing, trying to build a secret empire to branch out.

Aquaman rolls into town like Kyle Reese/Terminator, needing to track them down and kill them and protect and team up with some semi-name metahuman with powers.

i don't want to see aquaman on land at all. he should be in the sea the whole time, punching sharks and fighting giant monsters and hanging out in underwater cities

apparently kurt busiek's run on aquaman is a bit like that but busiek is so fuckin dull i can't bring myself to read it

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Fonzarelli posted:

Definitely.

You can feel he wanted to hinge the entire movie on that moment. Two enemies finding this unexpected connection in the middle of a fight. The childlike innocence and purity of their love for the mothers brought to the fore during a bloody fight of inhuman brutality where the city itself shakes in fear.

The audiences' minds are blown. Oh. My. God.

If only it wasn't in such a mediocre movie with such terrible direction that everyone just laughed at them instead.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the nerdy part of my brain that i usually try to hide got really really upset when batman took a knife from a guy and stabbed him with it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
wasn't aquaman's original powerset that he controlled water and his fish talking was a secondary thing? why don't they just give him his useful powers back?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
We'll get a good Aquaman movie if Jason Mamoa breaks down on set constantly, forcing the filmmaker to come up with clever ways of depicting Aquaman without showing him.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Never showing the colour orange except when Aquaman's on screen.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the best possible aquaman movie is one where aquaman never appears

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Serious Frolicking posted:

the best possible aquaman movie is one where aquaman never appears

So, The Blair Witch but underwater?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I thought Ant Man was pretty alright. Aquaman could be a similar situation.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

I thought Ant Man was pretty alright. Aquaman could be a similar situation.

I'll give it this, Marvel knows how to gamble. People didn't expect Thor, Guardians Of The Galaxy, or Ant Man to be huge successes. Warner Bros. and DC have mostly played it safe, focusing largely on established characters with franchises like Batman and Superman. Wonder Woman, is probably their biggest risk right now, despite that character's iconic perception, there hasn't been a live action rendition for decades now. Depending on how WW movie goes will affect the rest of the DCEU.

Suicide Squad is really more of a Batman movie without Batman or, probably more appropriately given the marketing, a Joker movie.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jul 6, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Young Freud posted:

Wonder Woman, is probably their biggest risk right now, because that character's iconic perception, there hasn't been a live action rendition for decades now.

They tried to get a TV show up and running a few years ago but it obviously didn't work out (on account of it being awful)
Here's the full unaired pilot episode

There's been other terrible attempts at a live action Wonder Woman in the past:

"The hoof transmitters on the burro are all go, Steve"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHvtlWmlMFU

This 1967 concept test pilot was an attempt to copy the popularity of the 1966 Batman TV series which also turned out to be an awful, awful idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWiiXs2uU1k

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

CharlestonJew posted:

why is lois lane the key

who gives a gently caress about lois lane
All I can imagine is Zack Snyder bench pressing while explaining to his yes men lackeys why Lois is the key to the franchise in the same way that Lucas explained to his Yes Men lackeys why Jar Jar was the key to the Phantom Menace

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
make an aquaman movie where all the dialogue is just "blurblurbblurlbbubl" because they're talking underwater

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
No hang on, they all hold these balloons over their heads and have to talk into the balloons and then their words appear in text in them

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Flesh Forge posted:

No hang on, they all hold these balloons over their heads and have to talk into the balloons and then their words appear in text in them

given the only thing snyder seems to do okay with these turkeys is recreate comic panels on film, i thing you're onto something

Just do them as motion comics and let the actors chill in a soundbooth, whip out six a year

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The Max Landis "Death of Superman" vid was actually pretty fun to watch and definitely better than Man of Steel/BVS

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Fonzarelli posted:

the nerdy part of my brain that i usually try to hide got really really upset when batman took a knife from a guy and stabbed him with it

He didn't really take it from the guy, the guy stabbed Batman and Batman pulls it out of his own shoulder and sticks it in the guy

:goonsay:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

He stabbed him in his Evil Gland and made him into a good person :unsmith:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Flesh Forge posted:

The Max Landis "Death of Superman" vid was actually pretty fun to watch and definitely better than Man of Steel/BVS

His passion is infectious.

Much like his diseased glands... Probably... He does hang around with Macauley Culkin.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Jerk McJerkface posted:

He didn't really take it from the guy, the guy stabbed Batman and Batman pulls it out of his own shoulder and sticks it in the guy

:goonsay:

Great now that guy is infected by the Martha Virus

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Max Landis always rubbed me as a snobby brat. I imagine being the child of John Landis means he never really got used to the word "no."

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
wohnder woman will never be a good movie without the american costume, wonder woman being a high society persian is dull af

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
wanna suck on wonder woman's babil penni

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Max Landis always rubbed me as a snobby brat. I imagine being the child of John Landis means he never really got used to the word "no."

"Daddy, can I play under the helicopters?"

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

:eyepop:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Max Landis always rubbed me as a snobby brat.

Him being buddies with Josh Trank says everything anyone needs to know about both of them.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

"Daddy, can I play under the helicopters?"

Holy poo poo

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
i like his comics/wrestling stuff, it's fun when someone just whips out their nerd boner for all to see

but i would under no circumstances want to hang out with the guy

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Fonzarelli posted:

That would have been fine if they had done any sort of groundwork to show that this Batman was ok with offing dudes. Even just a couple lines about how he walked the righteous path for years but he just couldn't do it any longer. Instead they just said gently caress it and had him chaingun dudes on city streets, knife mans in the head or whatever and shoot mofos in the Mad Max future. I think it would have been a better story if Batman was still adamant about not killing, but he was willing to kill Superman because of the threat he represented, the lack of sure containment methods and the fact that Superman isn't human. Earth first, xeno scum.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

When you take the "-hero" out of superhero but you leave in all the dumb spandex tights and masks and poo poo it really doesn't work at all :shrug:

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
why dc didn't shitcan zach snyder when they got affleck on is beyond me. affleck is objectively a way better filmmaker than him

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

CharlestonJew posted:

make an aquaman movie where all the dialogue is just "blurblurbblurlbbubl" because they're talking underwater

It's been done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CZj3AGZ3qg

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

roffels posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PlwDbSYicM

The Max Landis Death of Superman video?

Who is this lovely tryhard and how did he get a few talented people to appear in the same video as his embarrassing hair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Who is this lovely tryhard and how did he get a few talented people to appear in the same video as his embarrassing hair?

His dad is director/murderer John Landis.

• Locked thread