Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Mezzanine posted:

So, I just powered through the entire series in span of a few weeks. Now I get to wait for however long it is until Season 7 shows up with the rest of the world.

One negative side-effect: I can now sympathise with everyone else who was disappointed with Captain Phasma. If I had been watching GoT as of last December, I would have been pretty damned hyped to see (hear) Brienne of Tarth eviling it up for a couple hours.

Now you can read the books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I'm realizing all of a sudden that the Stark plotlines follow kind of obnoxiously close to the stereotypical comic book origin story of watching your parents get murdered before turning into superheroes.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

I didn't realize Phasma was Gwendoline Christie until just now. I also love that Daniel Craig is just some nameless stormtrooper.

Brienne finally got the bag on her head she deserves. Gwendoline Christie is gorgeous, I'm only kidding!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Ginette Reno posted:

Brienne finally got the bag on her head she deserves. Gwendoline Christie is gorgeous, I'm only kidding!

lol she's not gorgeous at all

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

lol she's not gorgeous at all

she's not hideous by any stretch of the imagination, but calling her gorgeous is a stretch.

She's a fine looking large woman.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Elephanthead posted:

Wolves and dogs. And rape and murder, no dog rape yet, maybe some off screen bear rape unless it was consensual.

I think the book Ramsay plot featured some dog rape.

Vulture Culture posted:

I'm realizing all of a sudden that the Stark plotlines follow kind of obnoxiously close to the stereotypical comic book origin story of watching your parents get murdered before turning into superheroes.

Arya's plot has been literal Batman for a while now.

Particularly Batman Begins Batman. She saw her parents die, then went crazy and traveled to the exotic Far East to learn the True Nature of revenge, and her ego-death tool-of-murder training failed because she decided, "hey, I'm all for being an insane, violent tool of vengeance who wears a mask, but I don't want to go off killing folks willy-nilly...I want to target specific folks."

She is vengeance. She is the night. She is Wolfgirl.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Xealot posted:

I think the book Ramsay plot featured some dog rape.

Arya's plot has been literal Batman for a while now.

Particularly Batman Begins Batman. She saw her parents die, then went crazy and traveled to the exotic Far East to learn the True Nature of revenge, and her ego-death tool-of-murder training failed because she decided, "hey, I'm all for being an insane, violent tool of vengeance who wears a mask, but I don't want to go off killing folks willy-nilly...I want to target specific folks."

She is vengeance. She is the night. She is Wolfgirl.
Arya is going to stop Jaqen from blowing up King's Landing.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Mezzanine posted:

Yeah, I know she'll be in Episode VIII. Before seeing Episode VII it was "Oh, she's like, a popular character on Game of Thrones or something, I dunno." After watching it was "OK, so she's definitely Boba Fett v2... hyped up to sell toys, just to get punked by the heroes without doing too much". It didn't bother me before because she was just some tall, British speaking person. The catch is that it's really freaking hard to be expressive with a full-face helmet on (FrankenGregor :haw: ), so even if she had a bigger part, she'd have to take off the helmet to make an impact. I bet she'll take it off in Episode VIII.

In any case, there was an idea floating around right after TFA came out that at least half of Episode VIII was going to be "Space Bros Finn and Poe, broing around the galaxy while Phasma shakes her fist and chases them". If possible, I'm even more behind that than I was before :)

It's funny they hyped her up as the next Boba Fett but people fell in love with TR-8R the stun baton trooper.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I could see Jon becoming the Night King only if he uses the position to abolish all zombie-on-human conflict.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

precision posted:

I could see Jon becoming the Night King only if he uses the position to abolish all zombie-on-human conflict.

Make Westeros Great Again

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Super Deuce posted:

You could say that about the entire franchise.

You, me, we all, in fact, exist only to sell toys.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Alter Ego posted:

Make Westeros Great Again

I think you could successfully argue that the status quo in Westeros at the start of the show is basically what a Trump America would look like.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

precision posted:

This ending already leaked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAIrj_Vqdfc

Even features Tyrion personally putting the crown on the head of the resurrected dragon man

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

I think you could successfully argue that the status quo in Westeros at the start of the show is basically what a Trump America would look like.

At peace with all their neighbors?

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

precision posted:

Did the walkers pay for the wall?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Inferior Third Season posted:

Did the walkers pay for the wall?
They paid for it in ice.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
They paid the Iron Price

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The White Walkers keep devaluing ice by spreading winter, though.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

So I own all the GoT music as of last week, and while you can say a lot of things have changed about this show over the course of six seasons, the overall quality of the music has skyrocketed. It's pretty good to begin with, but season six in particular just owns all over the place, and you can hear the music budget increasing as the show continues.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Now I imagine the opening credits in season 1 being played on kazoos

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Now I imagine the opening credits in season 1 being played on kazoos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iAgXzGah4M

trenchi
Nov 15, 2009

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

It's funny they hyped her up as the next Boba Fett but people fell in love with TR-8R the stun baton trooper.

I think I read somewhere that TR-8R's stuntman / actor did some of Oberyn's stunts for the duel with the Mountain.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

TR-8R actually got to do something though. They really dropped the ball with Phasma, her character amounted to literally nothing. Gwendolin Christie deserved better.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

TR-8R actually got to do something though. They really dropped the ball with Phasma, her character amounted to literally nothing. Gwendolin Christie deserved better.

Uh foil-quality storm trooper armor

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Sorry for the continuing SW chat, but for starters, SHE should have been the one who tangled with Finn, not TR-8R or whatever.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Zaphod42 posted:

She's got an expanded role in VIII. Your prayers have been answered.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

TommyGun85 posted:

she's not hideous by any stretch of the imagination, but calling her gorgeous is a stretch.

She's a fine looking large woman.

She's also like the only female character alongside Yara that isn't in any makeup to make them look prettier, Christie and Yara both look much better IRL than they do in the show.

They put makeup on Christie to make her look 'ugly' with fake scars and stuff to make her skin look rougher.

She's definitely not average looking though and certainly pretty.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jul 6, 2016

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
She's actually insanely average if not below.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Hey guys let's talk about how this actress is not hot, and that if you disagree, you are wrong.

Things I'm excited for in S7: Tyrion having a reason to interact with Olenna. Also, Tyrion and Olenna having more reasons to interact with the Sand Snakes. To insult them.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

She's actually insanely average if not below.

Different people find different kind of people attractive. :wink:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I want tyrion to bang olenna

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Zzulu posted:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Vulture Culture posted:

The story will end when Jon Snow find the Climate computer in the north, a rogue AI that has been trying for generations to murder the human colony in this planet.

And finding that all magic in the world is just nanites. The "childrens of the forest" people are just a first generation colonizers that altered their DNA to best integrate in the climate of the planet, and the vandals are a second colony ship that crashed in the desert.

Sam learns about this in some old book, and using lenses to see the sun is really a binary system with a small dwarf star next to a big red one. With these lenses and some accumulated data, he manage to predict winters years before it start.

Tei fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jul 6, 2016

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Tei posted:

The story will end when Jon Snow find the Climate computer in the north, a rogue AI that has been trying for generations to murder the human colony in this planet.

And finding that all magic in the world is just nanites. The "childrens of the forest" people are just a first generation colonizers that altered their DNA to best integrate in the climate of the planet, and the vandals are a second colony ship that crashed in the desert.

Sam learns about this in some old book, and using lenses to see the sun is really a binary system with a small dwarf star next to a big red one. With these lenses and some accumulated data, he manage to predict winters years before it start.

Hell yes, let' McCaffrey this poo poo up! :woop:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Jon Snow digs deep into the first of the first men... and finds the statue of liberty.

You maniacs!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Jon Snow digs deep into the first of the first men... and finds the statue of liberty.

You maniacs!

GRRM is a science fiction writer.

He don't write fantasy.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The distinction between the sci-fi and fantasy genres is pretty arbitrary tbh

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

Master Twig posted:

Zzulu posted:

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

So I own all the GoT music as of last week, and while you can say a lot of things have changed about this show over the course of six seasons, the overall quality of the music has skyrocketed. It's pretty good to begin with, but season six in particular just owns all over the place, and you can hear the music budget increasing as the show continues.

Agreed, I loved the poo poo out of the musical score this season.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Gabriel Pope posted:

Agreed, I loved the poo poo out of the musical score this season.
Yup. I loved hearing them fit the Rains of Castamere leitmotif into different situations.

Pander fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Light of the Seven is worth more than the entire remaining series score put together.

• Locked thread