Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

So this is just Sonic Egg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I have no idea what this egg game is but lots of puns are flying all over the place

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

this also kinda seems like the criticism that there was a couple of days back saying to pick the most obscure game possible to run so you can say you have the WR and play it during a GDQ

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
This game looks like poo poo.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
the egg seems very stressed out and/or angry about being made to go fast

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Rirse posted:

Any good runs happened in-between Tz and the just ended Mario DS? Went to bed after 30 seconds into the Tz run the person starts doing a bad joke about youtube lpers.

DK 64 was great

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So when they make a game based on the obscure Garfield & Friends character, Sheldon?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I would really prefer it if these guys were quiet.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
He turns into Super Sonic when you get 100 birds!

This is... eh, tho

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

All of these puns make me want to loving die.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
"You can read some donations, this level is really straightforward with the platforming."
20 seconds later
"I don't know where I am right now."

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
It's like the event was invaded by PYF.

This entire run is sheer misery.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
These Doctors Without Borders puns aren't doing it for me like the egg puns.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I hope this will encourage someone to submit a run of the original and obviously superior video game about an egg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlMZsTlOYuE

Or maybe this, more recent one:

quote:

Wonderland Dizzy is a platform adventure game developed in 1993 and later released in October 2015 by the Oliver Twins for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012
"I'm the only one that runs this game."

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I know what game i'm going to run

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
What is this guy doing with his life :(

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Keksen posted:

"I'm the only one that runs this game."

I think it really is a case of wanting to run a game with no competition so you can have the record.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Greetings from Germany spotted

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Congratulations?

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

I liked the runny egg run

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

death egg zone, get it

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
what's the link that doesn't pop up ads, I don't remember having this problem last year

edit: nm I think it was after the run was over

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
mad hype for oldschool shooter block tonight

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
I just decided not to watch these dumb games, and to watch KOTOR instead. I feel like I made the correct call

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Burginator posted:

I just decided not to watch these dumb games, and to watch KOTOR instead. I feel like I made the correct call

The correct decision would be to watch Jedi Academy but sure, KOTOR is fine too.

I find Sonic runs to be either great or unwatchable most marathons, so let's see where most of these land today.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

ZShakespeare posted:

mad hype for oldschool shooter block tonight

Heiniki ran Human Revolution last year and it was a really good one. His run of the first game's gonna be really good.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
not a fan of Sonic

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Dias posted:

I find Sonic runs to be either great or unwatchable most marathons, so let's see where most of these land today.

The big problem with the Sonic games is the same as the Megaman ones, there's always like five in a row lumped together and they're all the loving same game.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Dias posted:

The correct decision would be to watch Jedi Academy but sure, KOTOR is fine too.

Dark Forces was pretty good too. I am watching Jedi Academy now and the runner is doing a good job explaining things. Might pop on KOTOR too

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Didn't Know Sonic Colors DS had the Sonic Rush's Dash meter

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

I'm glad there's a game called Sonic Colors because associating colors with running really strikes me as a sign of quality.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RyokoTK posted:

The big problem with the Sonic games is the same as the Megaman ones, there's always like five in a row lumped together and they're all the loving same game.

The good news is that the Sonic 2006 run should be loving really good. It was run a few years ago and it's a broken, buggy mess, as one would expect.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RyokoTK posted:

This block is varied enough, at least. I don't have much of an issue with Megaman blocks because even if it's the same run three times, it usually amounts to 1:30min, so it's still less boring than watching Zelda for the umpteenth time. :v:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tunahead posted:

I'm glad there's a game called Sonic Colors because associating colors with running really strikes me as a sign of quality.

Sonic Colors is one of the fabled Good New Sonics, alongside Generations (which is better). DS version is pretty different from the regular game.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Well that article came out.

First line:

quote:

Twice a year in Minneapolis, Minnesota the Games Done Quick gaming marathon

At least it has a live feed of the event at the bottom of the article and talks about what the event is benefiting in decent detail.

https://3dprint.com/141181/3d-printed-super-mario-bros-art/

Crain fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 6, 2016

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
all the sonic rush games are better than the genesis sonics

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Man, this game is impossible to see. Putting two screens make them both so tiny.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

mangler103 posted:

Man, this game is impossible to see. Putting two screens make them both so tiny.
Was about to say the same thing. The runner cam doesn't need to be that big for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Lord Chumley posted:

Was about to say the same thing. The runner cam doesn't need to be that big for this game.

There's a scaling problem here, to be fair, since this game is the equivalent of filming videos in portrait mode.

• Locked thread