Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
It never occured to me that people used the squares in training mode. What kind of genius are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Firstborn posted:

It never occured to me that people used the squares in training mode. What kind of genius are you?

I heard someone actually did this to space moves and I just sort of felt that was silly since in the heat of the moment how much are you staring at squares on the fuckin ground

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

A.o.D. posted:

Training stage is a massive problem

lol #priorities

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Stage lag is still a problem for capcom in 2016 and they're forcing random stages lmao

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Aren't most of these PS4s volunteered as well? Like I can't imagine Sony gave them enough PS4s for fuckin 5000 people's worth of stations, so some are gonna have to be volunteered. So have fun to those schmucks who get stuck with the PS4s that random to Beach stage and having to reselect stages.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

A.o.D. posted:

Except for Bonne Wonderland, I couldn't describe a single one of those stages, and my only exposure to uvmc3 is from tournament streams. Training stage is a massive problem and I couldn't be happier that the fucker is banned. Watching the same stage for 3 consecutive hours is Real Bad.

As has been stated previously, the functional reason for that is because Bonne Wonderland and the Training Stage were the only ones in the MvC3 series with little to no frameskip or stutter when certain things happened in the background. I'm sorry you got bored seeing the same background time after time (although honestly you should be watching the actual fight instead), but a better gameplay experience is probably just a little bit more important than a slightly improved visual experience when it comes to the actual competitors' feelings with money on the line.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

As has been stated previously, the functional reason for that is because Bonne Wonderland and the Training Stage were the only ones in the MvC3 series with little to no frameskip or stutter when certain things happened in the background. I'm sorry you got bored seeing the same background time after time (although honestly you should be watching the actual fight instead), but a better gameplay experience is probably just a little bit more important than a slightly improved visual experience when it comes to the actual competitors' feelings with money on the line.
while that's true on ps3 it's not on 360
the actual reason is because it's easiest to see people/effects on those stages and it's one thing over from the default random select
people don't random select most of the time bc they don't want to get shield helicarrier or shadowlands but otherwise it's whatever
some folks have never played enough on other stages so they don't know where the corners are though and that's always hilarious to encounter

but yeah, when it comes to money being on the line dudes will always pick danger room, training room or bonne wonderland just b/c of them having the most clear visibility alongside being next to the stage select default choice

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I have good memories of otherwise terrible online wesker/wolverine/vergil players that would intentionally pick shield helicarrier so their all black team would blend into the background

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I remember when people thought Ken on the volcano stage in SF4 was "cheating", too. Hahaha.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Guiz we esports now, training stage looks bad on espn

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

darealkooky posted:

I have good memories of otherwise terrible online wesker/wolverine/vergil players that would intentionally pick shield helicarrier so their all black team would blend into the background

Even worse...all black Wolvie/Tron/Dante on S.H.I.E.L.D....in VANILLA.
gently caress THAT so much.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

dark purple magneto on shadowlands is actually impossible to see at high speeds

like 90% of his body is almost the exact same color as the background

it's somehow worse than black colors on shield helicarrier

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Firstborn posted:

I remember when people thought Ken on the volcano stage in SF4 was "cheating", too. Hahaha.

Depends, did the people in question have color blindness? :v:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

https://my.mixtape.moe/jzpfwm.webm

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
making concessions to appease spectators is some épic fail

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Woah :stwoon:

EDIT: Also Uniel is apparently up for preorder on Steam and releases in a week.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

bhsman posted:

EDIT: Also Uniel is apparently up for preorder on Steam and releases in a week.

HELL YEA someone buy it immediately and tell me if the netcode is good

(lol like anyone will play it for more than 3 days anyway (but seriously, its good))

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hilda has a good ohohoho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtGFKcQK7j4

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

boxcarhobo posted:

(lol like anyone will play it for more than 3 days anyway (but seriously, its good))

youre not supposed to play fighting games youre just supposed to buy all of them, do training mode for a half hour and never play them again

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

boxcarhobo posted:

I get paid around then so I might.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

dangerdoom volvo posted:

youre not supposed to play fighting games youre just supposed to buy all of them, do training mode for a half hour and never play them again

Cool so boxcarhobo is doing it exactly right.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dangerdoom volvo posted:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Brosnan posted:

Cool so boxcarhobo is doing it exactly right.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Phew so I'm not behind the curve after all.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Baal posted:

Because ESPN deal

isnt it actually part of CPT ?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Also training stage looks like rear end and sounds like rear end.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Microwaves Mom posted:

Also training stage looks like rear end and sounds like rear end.

Smells too :3:

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
My biggest complaint with this game now is the absolutely fuckin terrible rollback.

ZWZ
May 6, 2007

Homerun

Zand posted:

isnt it actually part of CPT ?

The random select stage only rule has been there for a few months yeah.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

*chuckles before looking at the 6 fighting games I own on steam for some reason*

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

My biggest complaint with this game now is the absolutely fuckin terrible rollback.

for me its no direct input, then the internet issues, then just everything looking like poo poo, and beyond that 8 frames mostly because I like to react.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Baal posted:

I heard someone actually did this to space moves and I just sort of felt that was silly since in the heat of the moment how much are you staring at squares on the fuckin ground

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/30/8520171/eye-tracking-street-fighter

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

dangerdoom volvo posted:

btw real talk this is what I did with SFV and Xrd

I think I also did some player matches against like one person in each game but that was it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

btw real talk this is what I did with SFV and Xrd

I think I also did some player matches against like one person in each game but that was it.

I needed to set up playdates to play Xrd so other than playing for a couple of hours with a friend I barely played it too. MKX I also played less than I would've liked but that's because I bought the PC version and ugh.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I played more MKX than either of the other two because I really needed to know what happened to the MK Tiny Toons in story mode

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brosnan posted:

I played more MKX than either of the other two because I really needed to know what happened to the MK Tiny Toons in story mode

I'm not even ashamed to say I put quite a bit of time on that game's SP poo poo, I wish you unlocked colors in SFV thru the Crypt or Challenge Towers, really. I mostly meant online time tho.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

seeing the same stage is boring and they should make them not lag or be stupid lovely garbage hows that

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

seeing the same stage is boring and they should make them not lag or be stupid lovely garbage hows that

agreed but if you're made to play on laggy stages because seeing the same stage is boring then gently caress it i'm going into sf4's options and literally turning backgrounds off

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I think it kinda goes without saying that having backgrounds that kill game performance isn't really OK. We all know that but poo poo happens and if I'm playing in a tournament I'm not gonna pick the stage where that poo poo has even a chance of happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Training stage would be less of an issue if SF5 allowed you to turn on character themes in local vs matches. Have they patched that in yet?