Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bort Bortles posted:

What is a good gun to buy a bunch of when I am dumping my cash before going up in Infamy?

The most expensive ones. The most a gun will cost is $921k and you should try to fill your inventory with them.

There are a number of primaries that hit the $921k ceiling, including the Falcon Rifle and the Gewehr 3. The Joceline hits this number and is also DLC-free!

The Uzi and Patchett are the only two secondaries that fit the bill. The China Puff and RPG both are pretty expensive, but the best you can do without any DLC is the Kobus 90 at $822k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Thanks guys. I went for the lowest hanging fruit/easiest to buy and did the Falcon Rifle a bunch, after buying two pages of weapon slots.

Now I need to do some stealth missions to get some XP.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Bort Bortles posted:

Thanks guys. I went for the lowest hanging fruit/easiest to buy and did the Falcon Rifle a bunch, after buying two pages of weapon slots.

Now I need to do some stealth missions to get some XP.

Past Infamy 5, they stop taking cash away. So just get there and then stop doing the gun thing when you pop up to Infamy 6.

Also yeah, DW Jewlery Store. Practice solo or have some goons sit by the car if need be.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Now that the "95% quieter stealth kills" thing is built into everyone, and you can take 1 unupgraded ecm (still blocks phones!) at level 0, it's a LOT easier to stealth those first couple missions alone.

Back before the new skill system, if you were doing Diamond Store without the quieter kills bit people in the main lobby would hear you kill the guy in the security room. "I heard some kind of noise behind that closed door, better call the police!"

Skills not costing money anymore's gotta be pretty great.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

What's the point of the m308 when the amr16 dmr is a thing? It just seems better overall.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

subhuman filth posted:

What's the point of the m308 when the amr16 dmr is a thing? It just seems better overall.

gunfeels

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

subhuman filth posted:

M308 has better ammo pickup. Also,

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Also it's a holdover from PD1 and was the only DMR-style rifle in the game until the butcher pack hit, so.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

RandallODim posted:

M308 has better ammo pickup.

Didn't they standardise ammo pickups to 1.5% of the max pool or something? If so, the difference is negligible, surely.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lemon-Lime posted:

Didn't they standardise ammo pickups to 1.5% of the max pool or something? If so, the difference is negligible, surely.

DMR'd guns are the One Weird Exception left.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

subhuman filth posted:

The DMR kits are achievement locked, as well as the aforementioned ammo & gunfeels. I feel like both guns have their place in this game where we set cops on fire.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

M308 also has some dope gunskins. :v:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

UnknownMercenary posted:

M308 also has some dope gunskins. :v:

I like the ausome skin because it is baller as gently caress.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

M308 has marginally worse ammo pickup than amr16 dmr but gunfeels and limited access are good answers thanks dudes

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
M308 has marginally better pickup than the AMR-16 DMR because while the AMR-16 DMR has a pickup rate equivalent to that of a gun with 72 max ammo, the M308 is affected by Walk-in Closet/Fully Loaded while the AMR-16 DMR is not.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
Getting tasered in a bank office and twitching shots into the several hostages zip tied on the ground, one of the most awful and hilarious things that has ever happened to me in a video game.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

h_double posted:

Getting tasered in a bank office and twitching shots into the several hostages zip tied on the ground, one of the most awful and hilarious things that has ever happened to me in a video game.

wait until you shoot rockets into them instead

intentionally

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
A civilian can run into your gunsights only so many times before you stop giving a gently caress.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Or do what I do, charge into the bank with the China Puff, and see how many civs you can kill with the first 3 rounds before they scatter.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Hobold posted:

Or do what I do, charge into the bank with the China Puff, and see how many civs you can kill with the first 3 rounds before they scatter.

Do this except use the zipline from the vantage point and hit them through the skylight.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I prefer giving the civilians in Nightclub the Orlando treatment with the CAR-4.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
dont bring real life events into my dumb shootmans game, thank

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

subhuman filth posted:

What do the stats on the amr-16 get up to? The m308 has 100 accuracy and around 70 stability.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Klaus88 posted:

A civilian can run into your gunsights only so many times before you stop giving a gently caress.

I used to feel a twang of guilt when the cleaner cost pop-up appeared. Now I just get pissed that some rear end in a top hat spoiled my shot.

Running flamethrower on a bank will also make a good 'stop caring about civilian casualties' build.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Drewjitsu posted:

What do the stats on the amr-16 get up to? The m308 has 100 accuracy and around 70 stability.

No skills. You can get a mix of accuracy and stability, but pre-skills, modding a DMR AMR-16 to 100 accuracy tanks its stability.

Keep in mind that Steady Grip and Stable shot are both tier 1 skills, so it's easy to take one if not both. With skills taken into account the gap is noticeably lower. This is with Steady Grip Aced, Stable Shot Basic, and Surefire Basic.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I would care if the deductions meant anything after you go infamy for the first time. :v:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

No skills. You can get a mix of accuracy and stability, but pre-skills, modding a DMR AMR-16 to 100 accuracy tanks its stability.

Keep in mind that Steady Grip and Stable shot are both tier 1 skills, so it's easy to take one if not both. With skills taken into account the gap is noticeably lower. This is with Steady Grip Aced, Stable Shot Basic, and Surefire Basic.

So due to the amr16 dmr not getting the benefit of fully loaded aced, if you've got aced fully loaded, the m308 is the clear choice.

Without that, it's basically a toss up.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Second Wind ace is an amazing skill and I highly recommend working it into that build.

e: unless you're using anarchist, which can't proc it

gently caress that explains why I hate anarchist

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

e: unless you're using anarchist, which can't proc it

WHY?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Skunkrocker posted:

gently caress that explains why I hate anarchist

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Anarchist is treated as having armor regeneration all the time, 100% of the time. Since your armor never technically can deplete before it starts recovering, it doesn't proc. I think that's why it can't be suppressed either.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009
So apparently getting the pig in slaughter house will still get you a safe drop if you didn't get it before? Vlads line didn't go, but two guys got safe drops, and they where biker safes to boot.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Shadowed Bacon posted:

So apparently getting the pig in slaughter house will still get you a safe drop if you didn't get it before? Vlads line didn't go, but two guys got safe drops, and they where biker safes to boot.

if they hadnt played a heist for a while then this safe was their guaranteed safe

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Yeah no, this has nothing to do with getting the pig & everything to do with how the game drops safes. 1. The Biker safe is the only safe currently in rotation, meaning from here until the next set of safes only biker safes will drop. 2. The safe drop is a once-weekly event, so if you got a drop on Monday you can expect another drop the following week.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

chairface posted:

Back before the new skill system, if you were doing Diamond Store without the quieter kills bit people in the main lobby would hear you kill the guy in the security room. "I heard some kind of noise behind that closed door, better call the police!"

Then again, those were the days when you could pop into Four Stores Overkill, open the ATM in the convenience store, and hide behind the door until the escape came. Gave you a stealth bonus, too.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Anarchist takes normal armor regeneration mechanics and dumps them in a bin. Dire Need doesn't really work with Anarchist either, it is active for exactly one frame.

To be fair, Anarchists can benefit from a teammate's Second Wind ace procs, they just can't trigger the effect themselves.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I missed this earlier, but remember the tweet Overkill sent about Hoxton and Brexit?

https://twitter.com/petegold_/status/747206747799052288
https://twitter.com/OVERKILL_TM/status/747361575175069696

lol

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
Does anybody ever really use Shockproof or aced it? I did just because it's so fuckin annoying to get stunned by a taser who's situated himself such that maybe four inches of him are exposed from behind cover, and good luck hitting him when you have an automatic out, but no builds really seem to take it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I have it in one of mine. It's an "ace it or don't bother" skill which means it's a little hard to fit in sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shock Proof Aced doesn't need LOS to trigger, just mash whatever the key you have assigned for it when hit. I haven't gone down to a Tazer since.