Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

drrockso20 posted:

Ok fellow goons, I need some extremely high grade cuteness with heavy dosage of uplifting stories on the side cause right now I am dealing with some pretty heavy and horrible stuff, a family member just died, possibly a suicide, and I am getting hit pretty hard with both grief and guilt right now(was in the same house as them earlier today and didn't know this was happening, indeed just found out about it a couple minutes ago)

It is NOT your fault. It is NEVER your fault. I went through that two years ago almost, and had spent the day with her the day before. If there were any signs, they were too subtle for me to see, and it was probably the same for you. Depression is a bitch, and some people hide it entirely too well.

Have a dumb catte who is Too Big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ToastFaceKillah posted:

It is NOT your fault. It is NEVER your fault. I went through that two years ago almost, and had spent the day with her the day before. If there were any signs, they were too subtle for me to see, and it was probably the same for you. Depression is a bitch, and some people hide it entirely too well.

Thanks and yeah that is a fine cat

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Ok fellow goons, I need some extremely high grade cuteness...

Luckily Scooby is on point today

Sorry for your loss.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Megabound posted:

Sorry for your loss.

What a wonderfully photogenic cat:3:

Also I'll reiterate the phrase that has seen a lot of use lately; 2016 sucks balls

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

drrockso20 posted:

Ok fellow goons, I need some extremely high grade cuteness with heavy dosage of uplifting stories on the side cause right now I am dealing with some pretty heavy and horrible stuff, a family member just died, possibly a suicide, and I am getting hit pretty hard with both grief and guilt right now(was in the same house as them earlier today and didn't know this was happening, indeed just found out about it a couple minutes ago)

A stranger's sympathy might not do you a whole lot of good right now, but that sucks, I'm sorry, and I wish you the very best.

My folks just got a new puppy and she is very cute and sleepy.

StandardVC10 has a new favorite as of 06:13 on Jul 6, 2016

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQud6QTkJiQ

mcbexx posted:

Selfie of the year

FINALLY, an actual good use for a selfie stick

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

And this is why pet bowls are made with angled sides :D

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Megabound posted:

Sorry for your loss.

There's just something about shots of cat tonuge.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
So I just watched A Monster In Paris and I'm like, "That was adorable but fleas are gross irl, am I right" and the I looked up fleas and

Dawwww :3: They're like little Zoidbergs. I'm glad I live in the desert so I don't have to kill these cute guys anymore.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/esB7s9y.gifv

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SneakyFrog posted:

no relation :ssh:

Related to what? It's just a frog sitting on a branch. :confused:

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Croisquessein posted:

So I just watched A Monster In Paris and I'm like, "That was adorable but fleas are gross irl, am I right" and the I looked up fleas and

Dawwww :3: They're like little Zoidbergs. I'm glad I live in the desert so I don't have to kill these cute guys anymore.

The best part of the Parasitology course I took this last year was identifying the arthropods since the difference between that flea, the dog/cat flea (Ctenocephalides species), and the human-specific one (Pulex irritans) is that little bug mustache the dog/cat ones have! Well there may have been other differences but that was the one I fixated on :3:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

That cat is clearly a dog. :3:

http://i.imgur.com/ouHfTrr.mp4

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I have to do this. Every time.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Someone in Brazil found a capybara that had moved in to their house

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BattleMaster posted:

Sounds to me like someone in Brazil just got evicted by their new unexpected housemate, actually. It's his house now

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

BattleMaster posted:

So is this their plan to sell tickets to the Olympics? Free capybara in your hotel rooms?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

ToastFaceKillah posted:

I love when dogs and cats are too big to fit in spaces that they could when they were puppies and kittens.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I'm sorry, I hear something else

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

gently caress dude, I'm so sorry. Depression is a loving beast, and it messes with your brain and thinking on every level. I'm 100% sure you did all you could.

Here's my big dumb fluff with snapchat filters, I hope they help. Snapcat filters.

Edit: When and if you feel up to it, try reading William Styron's Darkness Visible. He does a really good job of describing his experience with depression. I found it really helped describe my situation when I didn't have the words to. Maybe it'll help you understand that sometimes you can do everything, but it really is up to the person with depression and a single moment.

Sanguinary Novel has a new favorite as of 16:46 on Jul 6, 2016

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Butterscotch wishes you all a good morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TpQLMeOIak

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Chili, would you be open to requests?

Nothing crazy, just a vid or pic if you could of you holding Butterscotch up, like this? Could your partner angle it so the view is from over your shoulder?

I know that is crazy specific, but I'm picturing Butterscotch up in the air like that and it's mega :3: If ol' Butters doesn't like being held like that, that's ok. He's plenty :3: already.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Chili posted:

Butterscotch wishes you all a good morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TpQLMeOIak

It really doesn't bother him when you give him hard pets? I've never met a cat that would tolerate having its head petted like that.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Alter Ego posted:

It really doesn't bother him when you give him hard pets? I've never met a cat that would tolerate having its head petted like that.
I can straight up bonk Kiska on the head while petting her and she still purrs and rubs and wants more. Some cats are just weird!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alter Ego posted:

I had one that would get mad if you weren't basically peeling her skin off with pets. She was a good catte.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, you've got your rough play okay cats and your more gentle play cats, it just depends on the personality of the cat in question.

Rough and tumble kitties are the best. :3:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Alter Ego posted:

Henry Cat looooves hard pets and scritches.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Alter Ego posted:

Not only does it not bother him, he really likes it.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Chili, would you be open to requests?

Nothing crazy, just a vid or pic if you could of you holding Butterscotch up, like this? Could your partner angle it so the view is from over your shoulder?

I know that is crazy specific, but I'm picturing Butterscotch up in the air like that and it's mega :3: If ol' Butters doesn't like being held like that, that's ok. He's plenty :3: already.

I can try. I've had foot surgery somewhat recently, and I'm still in recovery at the moment so it may be awhile.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Alter Ego posted:

I've never known a cat that would take that sort of rough play as anything other than an invitation to commit ultraviolence. :catstare:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
get some hand/arm scars and calluses. Its cat resistance +1

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea my boy Tiberious loves rough pets, its the only way I can get him to react sometimes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You know who else likes hard pets?
:wink: :wink:

Most dogs I've ever had as pets. I miss having a dog.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Chili posted:

I can try. I've had foot surgery somewhat recently, and I'm still in recovery at the moment so it may be awhile.
This is your chance to lay around and take pictures of Buttercuddles and antics. You could probably livestream it and make ad revenue, even.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:
Heh heh.

Heavy petting.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNUAmFEtPik

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
https://twitter.com/BabyAnimalPics/status/750887442698436608

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

So annoying Firefox doesn't play these clips.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Alter Ego posted:

A lot of cats don't get bothered by that if they're accustomed to being pet in general. In fact, most cats I know love a good butt thumping and good firm scritches between the shoulder blades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Gorilla Salad posted:

So annoying Firefox doesn't play these clips.

:confused: I use Firefox and I can play the clips just fine.

RE: Masochist Cats, my Tux gets annoyed if you don't beat his belly like a bongo drum.