Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Scott Forstall posted:

this thread reminded me that crackberry.com still exists and their forums are still active and... mannnnnn

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

there are poor souls still using bb os7 in tyool 2016

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

"New Computer wont recognize blackberry curve 9360 to download pictures, downloaded software but still doesn't work. "

all those shots framed on a 480x360 screen, lost like tears in rain

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
most active discussions:

lmao

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Scott Forstall posted:

most active discussions:

lmao

im the "Sent from my Secure BlackBerry PRIV Smartphone" sig

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

also holy poo poo has anyone visited blackberry's website lately?

http://us.blackberry.com/home.html

lmfao

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
In Houston here also. I very rarely see a BlackBerry being used. When people see my Q10 or Z30, they make the typical statement of "BlackBerry still makes phones?" or "I didn't know of anyone still used Blackberries". I just tell them that BlackBerry isn't going anyway & my Z30 is the best phone I've ever used. I tell them that I choose BlackBerry & won't use anything else because I believe BB10 is the best overall mobile OS still available.
I did see a guy in Walmart a couple months ago using a white Z10. He was from Nigeria. I complimented him on the device & then showed him my Otterboxed Z30 which he liked.

Posted via CB10 with my awesome  Z30 STA100-5/10.3.2.2876 on T-Mobile USA who keeps disrupting & improving the wireless industry.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

John Chen is literally the radio shak ceo from that onion article

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
I don't browse POS threads other than pics very often, just happened to spy this thread. Okay, Blackberry is still in business. I can accept that. Is Palm Pilot still around? Because I still want to use the term Personal Digital Assistant in TYOL 2016.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
from a thread in which the die hards argue with the realists about whether blackberry needs a new ceo / can possibly succeed in pivoting to a software business (lol) / etc

markmall posted:

There are many reasons why it might have failed. My point is that it had no chance of not failing. No consumer electronics product can ever succeed if people do not know that it is for sale and what it does differently.

I was on a first date tonight with a gorgeous American girl (at 5'11" she would tower over you pommies). When I pulled out my Passport, she freaked. "That is the most remarkable phone I have ever seen. What is it?" (This is near verbatim.) When I told her it is a Blackberry, she said, "I used to use Blackberrys but I never saw anything like that."

I started to explain how wonderful the phone and the "new" BB OS is, but I stopped myself. What is the point? The company already quit.

also have the comeback

JeepBB posted:

You seem to exist in a fantasy world. The UK isn't Oz either - there are few wizards and I've certainly never seen anyone I would describe as a Munchkin. Most of us are of average height.

I'm glad your first-date went well. I'm assuming you have many first-dates.

The only sliver of reality in your many posts is where you seem to accept that BB10 is dead. Well done, try to remain rooted in this reality.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Bluemillion posted:

I don't browse POS threads other than pics very often, just happened to spy this thread. Okay, Blackberry is still in business. I can accept that. Is Palm Pilot still around? Because I still want to use the term Personal Digital Assistant in TYOL 2016.

Palm OS is owned by a company called ACCESS Software and they still have drivers and a Palm Desktop version that works on Windows 10 64 bit.

Palm the company got bought by HP years ago.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

BobHoward posted:

from a thread in which the die hards argue with the realists about whether blackberry needs a new ceo / can possibly succeed in pivoting to a software business (lol) / etc

also have the comeback

:drat:

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

fishmech posted:

Palm OS is owned by a company called ACCESS Software and they still have drivers and a Palm Desktop version that works on Windows 10 64 bit.

Palm the company got bought by HP years ago.

Okay, we're still in the real world and not make-believe freakout land. Good to know, thank you.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

mishaq posted:

lmfao

I'm gonna be the 1.3 MB background jpeg from TYOOL 2016

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
rip kevin

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
blackberry released an official statement elaborating on this - the blackberry classic has been discontinued (presumably because it sold like utter poo poo because who wants to buy a bold in tyool 2016) in favor of "updating our smartphone lineup with state of the art devices". i'm not sure where they're going to get those, but hey, have fun, you crazy kids.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

mishaq posted:

lmfao

its like a msdn page from 2003

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

its like a msdn page from 2003

i'm the scrolling marquee of text that freezes when you hover your mouse over it

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
pretty sure that's me popping up in front of the navigation menu (which has to be using placeholder graphics for god knows what reason) to tell you about the sale

don't mind me it's just my job

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sham bam bamina! posted:

pretty sure that's me popping up in front of the navigation menu (which has to be using placeholder graphics for god knows what reason) to tell you about the sale

don't mind me it's just my job

*blackberry.com turns to the camera and in a garbage disposal dinosaur voice says* 'eh its a living'

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

they're not going to make keyboard phones anymore now

what exactly is their niche supposed to be now?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they plan to survive on the strength of their brand

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

DuckConference posted:

they're not going to make keyboard phones anymore now

what exactly is their niche supposed to be now?

canadian idiots

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

fishmech posted:

canadian idiots

no this market already got swiftly vacuumed up by the off brand lovely american spectrum wireless carriers like Wind

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

ahmeni posted:

no this market already got swiftly vacuumed up by the off brand lovely american spectrum wireless carriers like Wind

wind is good

they try to disrupt the laughably terrible canadian wireless market with reasonable pricing

too bad they have no coverage

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

for what they offer, the pricing is far from reasonable.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
blackberry is dead but so is the op so nobody can win the prize :(

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

mishaq posted:

wind is good

they try to disrupt the laughably terrible canadian wireless market with reasonable pricing

"what if we took the shittyness of being on T-Mobile's AWS and brought it to canada" - the wind business model
this was doomed as soon as they bid on that garbage 1700 band

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

infernal machines posted:

they plan to survive on the strength of their brand

and good enterprise apps lololololol

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

mishaq posted:

wind is good

shaw bought them, so i wouldn't be so sure about how long that reasonable pricing lasts

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

yippee cahier posted:

shaw bought them, so i wouldn't be so sure about how long that reasonable pricing lasts

I believe they were the first to offer true unlimited service and not rob you if you decided to use data in the US.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Bonzo posted:

I believe they were the first to offer true unlimited service and not rob you if you decided to use data in the US.

sounds very uncanadian to me

bssoil
Mar 21, 2004

I still use bbm (because my mom still uses a blackberr) and I think I'm the only person in NZ that uses it. I feel 'special'

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Bluemillion posted:

The ipod touch is basically an ios pda, i had one for a while before i got a real smartphone

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

bssoil posted:

I still use bbm (because my mom still uses a blackberr) and I think I'm the only person in NZ that uses it. I feel 'special'

be a good son and buy your mom a real phone

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i gave my mom a windows phone

true story

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The Bad Son

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Scott Forstall posted:

this thread reminded me that crackberry.com still exists and their forums are still active and... mannnnnn

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
man there are a ton of blackberry things on my dropbox i made from the good old playbork days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/AnonOpsSE/status/756206003746697216

Chen was quizzed about his opinion on government requests for user data during BlackBerry's Security Summit in New York this week, and couldn't help mouthing off about the situation.

"One of our competitors, we call it 'the other fruit company', has an attitude that it doesn’t matter how much it might hurt society, they’re not going to help," he said.

"I found that disturbing as a citizen. I think BlackBerry, like any company, should have a basic civil responsibility. If the world is in danger, we should be able to help out."

• Locked thread