Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

4. some fukken U2 song or something idk, hes a complete dad you just know he loves him some U2

now now obama listens to al green and watches the wire, he has pretty good media tastes for a dad and a president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

prefect posted:

Are they afraid homemade signs will look unprofessional? Or are they afraid people will sneak opposing messages in like a Mad-magazine fold-in?

if i were them id be worried about some crazy racist/sexist/parinoid-right-wing signs. trump seems to encourage those.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/750813902934515713

yooooo want that shirt

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

trump rallies are just comic cons for racist assholes

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

magiccarpet posted:

what are civil war reenactments then?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Karl Sharks posted:

what are civil war reenactments then?

I get unironically angry when I see Civil War reenactors. That's probably a personality defect.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

magiccarpet posted:

I thought that was the tea party

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

prefect posted:

I get unironically angry when I see Civil War reenactors. That's probably a personality defect.

A defect commonly known as 'Sanity'.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

quote:

In interviews, 20 members said they are willing to consider allowing delegates to be unbound, while 59 support Mr. Trump. The other 33 panelists couldn’t be reached or did not respond to repeated messages.

Others counting votes have their own tallies. Internal surveys of the Rules Committee conducted by RNC member Randy Evans of Georgia, who is whipping votes trying to help Mr. Trump fend off the insurrection, found at least 18 committee members open to voting to unbind. The Trump campaign’s count shows about 15 leaning toward the so-called conscience clause, according to people familiar with the campaign.

Kendal Unruh, a Colorado schoolteacher on the committee leading part of the anti-Trump movement, said she has private commitments from more than 30 committee members, but that many aren’t willing to admit so publicly.

All involved in counting votes say those numbers fluctuate on a day-to-day basis. If the provision gets the necessary committee votes when the panel meets beginning next Wednesday, it would place the issue before the full convention, where it would need 1,237 votes—half the delegates—to pass.

Though a majority of the convention delegates are bound to support Mr. Trump, Mr. Evans’s count shows just about 890 delegates are personally loyal to the New Yorker. Another 680 oppose Mr. Trump. That leaves 900 delegates who are presumed to be “in play,” he said. The stop-Trump forces would have to take nearly two-thirds of them to block his nomination.

they don't have 28 yet or they'd just say so, but the thing about anti-sheriff comments is that the delegate field is probably disproportionately law-abiding

a lot depends on whether those 890 are mostly pre-existing Trump pledges or not; if they are pre-existing he probably has very little support with the rest, if not he should be fine as there are enough who won't override the sovereign will of the voters blah blah blah

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

prefect posted:

I only reenact as the North. They want the Northern War of Aggression? They're gonna get it :getin:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
So can we write off Eric trump as a bad surrogate, because yeah that was a pretty bad exchange.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The rules committee is 112 people and I hear they have 30 who will vote for the conscience clause. They need 57. As long as Trump has 59, it ain't happenin :(

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
They're hoping for a minority report to allow them to present it to all the delegates, but it's unlikely.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

pathetic little tramp posted:

The rules committee is 112 people and I hear they have 30 who will vote for the conscience clause. They need 57. As long as Trump has 59, it ain't happenin :(

article says they only need 25%, which is 28. that's enough to put the issue before the entire convention.

of course then they'd need to win that larger vote. and also have a candidate that everyone could rally around

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Art of the Deal, not Let's Make a Deal

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Newt just took the stage at the Trump rally.

https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/750819522987393024

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
that's correct. if they needed half it would be over already, but the minority report option is the same thing in practice and requires 25%

now, once it reaches the floor there are a number of ways to kill it without even a recorded vote (like Ryan killed the Paulites in 2012), but once it does reach the floor any attempt to smother it will result in even more chaos than letting the vote go on, so my gut feeling is we'll see a count

assuming they do make it to a count, if Trump gets 1236 votes on the first ballot he is now unquestionably and irrevocably stone dead as a candidate, so not having someone to rally around is not -that- bad

Adar fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 6, 2016

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Anything fun happen today in the Donald Trump show?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Baloogan posted:

trump and saddam i think would get along great

they would understand each other very very well

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Joementum posted:

every day is at least four news cycles

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
not sure if I'd rather see Trump get hosed over at the convention or not, I mean Clinton polls worse vs every other republican but trump would probably run as an independent

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

drat i missed this when it came out i guess?

quote:

Alleged bribery aside, there were problems with the donation itself as well. In March, CREW filed a complaint with the IRS over Trump’s $25,000 donation to Bondi’s group, noting that the money came from the Trump Foundation, a tax-exempt charity. Under federal law, tax-exempt charities are not allowed to make political donations. The Trump Foundation also apparently failed to list the Bondi donation in its filings to the IRS, according to the Washington Post.

The Trump Organization issued a rare apology, saying the discrepancies were due to multiple clerical errors. But CREW maintained an investigation by the IRS was still needed to determine whether it really was just an honest mistake.

“It appears [Trump University] gave an illegal political donation, told the IRS they didn’t give a political donation, claimed it was made to a similarly named permissible group instead — and now they’re saying it’s an error?” Jordan Libowitz, a CREW spokesperson, told the Post.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/07/06/3795722/pam-bondi-trump-complaint/

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HappyHippo posted:

article says they only need 25%, which is 28. that's enough to put the issue before the entire convention.

of course then they'd need to win that larger vote. and also have a candidate that everyone could rally around

Have they thought far enough ahead to know who this is supposedly going to be?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

radical meme posted:

ted cruz

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

radical meme posted:

Jeb!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

yeah trump invented the phrase rigged system and injected into our lexicon

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

for anyone who needs it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T_ow1UJZJs

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Karl Sharks posted:

most candidates confer with their wives about these things, trump asks his daughter-wife

the daughter wife has been a thing in politics before, I'm thinking of Salmon and Kate Chase but there have been others I'm sure

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

radical meme posted:

no, because the logical candidate is Cruz and that could well kill his entire career and 2020 chances which the Dark Lord Zodiac will not allow

the most likely outcome if they do get that far is they ignore the bulk of Trump supporters still milling around on the floor whose ever-decreasing votes for the orange man become more and more clearly irrelevant each ballot and just listen to surrogates from the half dozen "reluctant" usual suspects, until they get to the point where, welp, gotta pick that other likely sacrificial lamb instead

they probably won't get that far

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

some "super geniuses" could find the deleted emails

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

radical meme posted:

Have you checked your mailbox? It could be you!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

radical meme posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVfKZEe0Yj4

Edit:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

he just threw his notes in the air out of frustration! crowd goes wild!

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Joementum posted:

He announced what today and tomorrow will be dedicated to.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Ed balls

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Its been weeks since I've seen a Trump rally... Trump is doing his "I love him! Even though he's a guy! I Love him! I love everyone!"

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/750817000469983236

lol he really is going after MN after all?

and of course NY and CA are still on the list, just not "top targets"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Arizona and Georgia officially in play according to their own internals is a big deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Adar posted:

no, because the logical candidate is Cruz and that could well kill his entire career and 2020 chances which the Dark Lord Zodiac will not allow

What a glorious scenario; Trump, Cruz and the GOP all burn to the ground in a yoooge blaze of glory in one election.

• Locked thread