Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like that it may be possible that the presence of Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior, is a reference to the prog rock band Yes because of how Jesus is pronounced in Japanese.

Edit: A peek into a darker timeline.

https://twitter.com/skngngn/status/750276249545695233

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Of all the parts, 7 is the only one I think could really work as Live Action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mln0RciE2o0

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

What was this???

http://twitter.com/SKBsu/status/750730548688015360

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's the rear end class thing, that guy is the author of that manga.

He's even wearing the same apron drawn in the comic.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is the actual video of that uploaded anywhere?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's the rear end class thing, that guy is the author of that manga.

He's even wearing the same apron drawn in the comic.

Oh duuuh. It's funny because I even thought of that comic when I saw this. My brain is shut off today.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
What's up Jojo thread

For reasons I need a near life-size Killer Queen sometime in the next 9 days.

Anyone have any suggestions? Right now I'm thinking go to the local poster printing service, print two halves and tape them together.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Seeing someone on another forum say that DiU would be better without the filler and with a straightforward plot (like Battle Tendency), and that should just skip everything and just deal with whoever the main villain is, makes my blood boil. And this poo poo happens way more often than I would think.

Seriously, are these people who watch The X-Files and skip every non-alien episode?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It's funny because X-Files, a good show, is popular more for the monster of the week episodes than it is for the big alien arc that was already sorta muddled at the end and hit all-out ridiculous in the latest incarnation.

I mean, I get why DIU is a departure and why people might not love it as a result but agree that it's frustrating when the very thing that makes it unique and even kind of refreshing compared to prior parts is the very thing people ding it for.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you ever type Filler and Part 4 in a sentence that is not "Part 4 has no filler" or a variation of that, your computer, phone and tablet should all die and you should lose all memories of JoJo, never to experience it ever again.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I mean, I get why DIU is a departure and why people might not love it as a result but agree that it's frustrating when the very thing that makes it unique and even kind of refreshing compared to prior parts is the very thing people ding it for.

I'm not even gonna accede to that degree and I'll flat out say people who think DIU should stick to the plot are dumb and bad and deserve to have their house burn down.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

If you ever type Filler and Part 4 in a sentence that is not "Part 4 has no filler" or a variation of that, your computer, phone and tablet should all die and you should lose all memories of JoJo, never to experience it ever again.

When I type "JoJo part 4 filler" into my phone it keeps autocorrecting to "filled with great content"

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Jojo in general doesn't have filler since everyone is more interested in weirdo stands and silly situations than they are about any "plot"going on.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's just kinda hard to adapt for some people, first three parts are centered around a clear objective and part 4, although it has the bow and arrow thing from the get-go, still takes a bit to introduce its main villlain. Even after that, it's still not a race to get to him/theMcGuffin like the other parts.

Some people just like laser-focused stories, or got burned on bad filler from watching shonen anime.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just say they're idiots.

They're idiots.
People who say anything without Kira is filler are idiots.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Filler has become useless as a category of criticism. People argue over what it means, frequently misapply it, and typically invoke it to spread the stigma that all content which doesn't measurably and observably advance the plot in a material fashion is "Bad."

If you think the only episodes of Cowboy Bebop that matter are the ones where Spike faces off against Vicious, you don't understand Cowboy Bebop.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
JoJo's Bizarre Destination

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

What's up Jojo thread

For reasons I need a near life-size Killer Queen sometime in the next 9 days.

Anyone have any suggestions? Right now I'm thinking go to the local poster printing service, print two halves and tape them together.

What reason is there for that

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

no they will not posted:

Probably a sex thing. Which is understandable, I mean, it's Killer Queen.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

no they will not posted:

JoJo's Bizarre Destination

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

no they will not posted:

RubberLuffy posted:

Probably a sex thing. Which is understandable, I mean, it's Killer Queen.

I mean at least one costume is involved here so

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

I mean at least one costume is involved here so

Buy and customize this

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

If you start murdering people and cutting off their hands please don't post about it in the thread.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

If you start murdering people and cutting off their hands please don't post about it in the thread.

No but I plan to bring a lunch bag with a hand sandwich

E: anyone got a good image of Kira's watch and shoes?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

The Watch thing is in Sheer Heart Attack. Google for photos of his SAS figure/Other toys, might be the best way of shoe shots.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Bad Seafood posted:

Filler has become useless as a category of criticism. People argue over what it means, frequently misapply it, and typically invoke it to spread the stigma that all content which doesn't measurably and observably advance the plot in a material fashion is "Bad."

If you think the only episodes of Cowboy Bebop that matter are the ones where Spike faces off against Vicious, you don't understand Cowboy Bebop.

I think Cowboy Bebop could have done with one or two more Vicious or Julia episodes. As it is the finale fell a bit flat to me, felt more like an afterthought.

I get what they were going for where Spike going after them was sort of stupid and pointless but they made it out that it was going to be a big deal and a problem for them that Vicious was taking over the Syndicate so it was sending mixed messages.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

That's a ban.

Goldaline
Dec 21, 2006

my dear
Speaking of Killer Queen and costumes, here's a weird question: do you think Killer Queen has fur, or is just smooth pink skin?

To make this question sound slightly less like a sex thing, I'm making a Killer Queen backpack (like those teddy bear backpacks from the 90's) to go with a JoJolion Kira costume, and I can't decide whether to use furry fabric or not.

Also, KingofSprings, it would be great if you printed limbs separately and jointed them together with brads like those Halloween skeleton decorations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I feel like all Stands are smooth, like robits.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Goldaline posted:

Speaking of Killer Queen and costumes, here's a weird question: do you think Killer Queen has fur, or is just smooth pink skin?

To make this question sound slightly less like a sex thing, I'm making a Killer Queen backpack (like those teddy bear backpacks from the 90's) to go with a JoJolion Kira costume, and I can't decide whether to use furry fabric or not.

Also, KingofSprings, it would be great if you printed limbs separately and jointed them together with brads like those Halloween skeleton decorations.

It gives the strong impression of having a metallic finish based on how the highlights are drawn.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

TheKingofSprings posted:

I come bearing gifts.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's a pretty nice post. Too bad you won't be able to read it after I break it.

The forums, that is.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Goldaline posted:

Killer Queen has fur naturally, but it waxes.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
killer queen is a bubble gum boy

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Just finished Stone Ocean, and... holy poo poo. Even having the main points spoiled in this thread, I was not ready to actually read it happen. Stone Ocean is good and hosed up and I love all of it, except Pucci.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
going off the anime thread, both Jolyne and Johnny would and have straight up murked a dude in cold blood and I love em.

Remember when Jolyne strangles her lawyer with her string as he's driving away from the prison causing him to crash his car and die all the while she remains in prison?

Remember when Johnny shot Soundman through the heart by shooting a butterfly first?

it's wild out here y'all, stay safe

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Remember when Johnny killed multiple people in cold blood and was like "Yeah, that happened." Right after he got his stand.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Naerasa posted:

I come bearing gifts.

That's not a nice watch at all

This is the last time I trust Jotaro's fashion sense

Shoes like that are going to be tough to find though, I'll have to check around. Thanks!

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Moltrey posted:

Remember when Jolyne strangles her lawyer with her string as he's driving away from the prison causing him to crash his car and die all the while she remains in prison?

this was when i knew jolyne would be a great jojo, and she didnt disappoint. even in the face of death, she didnt back down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

anyways, this is my thesis on 'why joseph is a weak nerd compared to jolyne and johnny', and,