Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I know a lot of people will disagree, but I don't have anything against singing in GDQ's if they can actually sing.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The anger over bits thing seems like nerds being angry about everything for no real reason, less twitch bans donations otherwise. No one is holding a gun to their head to use them but their simple existence sending people into that kinda tizzy is just typical :jerkbag:

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Your Computer posted:

:same:

Also wow, notch keeps being the worst person ever? Is it like a cry for attention or what?

I think he's lonely in his mansion and has no friends to share his giant disgusting candy wall with

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Majuju posted:

Twitch Bits are apparently $1.40 for 100, and 1 bit = 1 cent for a streamer. PayPal margin is supposedly 2.2% + 30 cents so it's probably...close? assuming Twitch isn't also taking a cut on the back-end, so it's really just Amazon trying to get in directly on action that's already happening. Y'know, like allowing operators to charge people to access private servers in the game you develop, or something.

If you're buying a dollar at a time, sure.

If you're spending more, PayPal becomes a much better deal than Twitch Bits, even with their discounts.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
This song has a lot of ups and downs

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like it

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
This is fun and it is good and there is audience participation.
I wanna be where those people are.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Mo_Steel posted:

This song has a lot of ups and downs

Dave Matthews sings: Disney

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I'm not particularly gung-ho about his arrangement, but it's a pretty decent rendition of the song :shrug:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Has Notch even done anything after selling Minecraft? Why should anyone care about him?

Icetongue
Jun 22, 2015
His singing is actually very enjoyable. Should sing some more songs imho.

I love FrankerZ

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
This was..good

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Has Notch even done anything after selling Minecraft? Why should anyone care about him?

He's stupid rich now, which means his opinion is automatically valid, regardless of the subject matter.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Awesome

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Internet Kraken posted:

He used to donate money but no more! He's done with giving money to people! Or something? I guess? He's a big baby.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Internet Kraken posted:

Minecraft is huge

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Not saying he was bad, I just have a strict policy of not listening to GDQ singing.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Internet Kraken posted:

I think he said some vaguely Gamergate-y poo poo and became a big pissbaby.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The singing didn't make me want to kill the sound so it must have been ok.

I can't really tell good from great my brain is broke

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
That was great and worth the money donated. :)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Your Computer posted:

Also wow, notch keeps being the worst person ever? Is it like a cry for attention or what?
He made a very popular video game, and that's gone straight to his head and he thinks he has insightful things to say. Instead he's just a typical nerd who lucked into literal billions.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

weekly font posted:

I think he said some vaguely Gamergate-y poo poo and became a big pissbaby.

according to those in the know, notch was always a lunatic so :shrug:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

The guitar helped. Without feedback or an instrument to compare against, most vocalists have a hard time staying in tune. He did fine.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rorus Raz posted:

He made a very popular video game, and that's gone straight to his head and he thinks he has insightful things to say. Instead he's just a typical nerd who lucked into literal billions.

i feel like notch has permanent "nice guy" syndrome

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

can notch donate some of his money on a bounty to patric rothfuss so he can finish the kingkiller chronicle

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Notch got that thing that happens to some lottery winners where they're suddenly stupid rich and have no idea what to do or how to connect with other human beings and then they have an existential crisis and go full sadbrains.

Only he's also a massive nerd so his breakdowns are internet famous.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Eonwe posted:

caleb is the one of the dumbest speedrun celebs aside from maybe like wester

i hope hes punching his own face even as we speak

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

Rorus Raz posted:

When was the last time he was even involved in the day to day development?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

"Part time Kevin Owens impersonator."

I like this guy.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

i feel like notch has permanent "nice guy" syndrome

What is nice about withholding money from a charity over an extremely petty business disagreement?

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Games Done Quack here we go!

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

mangler103 posted:

When was the last time he was even involved in the day to day development?

No later than 2014.

edit: I didn't realize that there was a Ducktales 2.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Your Computer posted:

:same:

the dude is such a no life shut that in he programmed his own lego set

Icetongue
Jun 22, 2015

TheMadMilkman posted:

The guitar helped. Without feedback or an instrument to compare against, most vocalists have a hard time staying in tune. He did fine.

This and also the setup. It was not a whole crowd trying to be picked up by these small mics and headsets, but a musician with a nice mic. Also he was really into it.

Games done QUACK! Disney Block's getting better and better.

Also nice chemistry between runner and couch. I like this run already. :)

Icetongue fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 6, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ZenVulgarity posted:

Minecraft is huge

Well duh, but he sold it so he's no longer involved in whatever development it still has. If he's not working on anything else I dunno why anyone would particularly concerned with his opinions on, well, anything.

Xenothral posted:

He used to donate money but no more! He's done with giving money to people! Or something? I guess? He's a big baby.

I mean I'm not gonna blame him for not donating when he's already given a lot. I don't get why he felt the need to try and justify this with that Twitch nonsense.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
I've been on the road for the last two days for work, what are some runs I missed that are worth checking out?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

so what is the Aladdin incentive, is it two buddies that are gonna sing during that level?

edit: this guys clearly do not know DuckTales very well if they think that Scrooge would PAY for help when he can haul his nephews around for free

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Look at this game,
Isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you say that my playthrough's complete?
Wouldn't you say I'm the guy...guy who's done everything?

Look at my high score, top of the list
Who do you know who's placed higher than this?
Lookin' around here you'd think,
"Of the Kong, he's king."

I've done arcade cabinet clears on a penny.
I know secrets and pro strats galore.
Oh a bonus boss? I've fought twenty.
But who cares?
No big deal.
I want..moooore.

I wanna go where the out of bounds is;
I wanna glitch, wanna see games broken.
I wanna win by exploiting, oh, what's the word?
Fraaaames.

Out where they run, out where they skip,
Out where they reach the skybox by clip,
Speedrunning free,
Wish I could beat
Their world recooooord.

I know the song ended like 10 minutes ago but once I've committed to a terrible idea I try to see it through to the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

SWMadness posted:

I've been on the road for the last two days for work, what are some runs I missed that are worth checking out?

Jedi Academy, Curse of Issyos, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, SOTN, Momodora, and Demon's Crest to start.

• Locked thread