Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Inflammatory posted:

i choose to believe that itsuki acts dense around tsubasa on purpose because he knows she's an inferior waifu to maiko, kiria, and ellie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Deep Silver bringing Persona 5 and SMT IV Apocalypse to Europe.

https://twitter.com/deepsilver/status/750661060852649984

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Really weird to me that Deep Silver is getting into publishing Japanese games in Europe, but hey, whatever helps get those games over there faster

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Really weird to me that Deep Silver is getting into publishing Japanese games in Europe, but hey, whatever helps get those games over there faster

From what I understand it, Atlus USA are kind of assholes to European publishers and burned all of their bridges with the likes of NISA. So I wouldn't expect SMT V or Persona 6 to be published by Deep Silver.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

From what I understand it, Atlus USA are kind of assholes to European publishers and burned all of their bridges with the likes of NISA. So I wouldn't expect SMT V or Persona 6 to be published by Deep Silver.

Atlus are now owned by Sega, though, and even if Sega have said they plan on letting Atlus pick their publishing partners, they might do something about that.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Atlus are now owned by Sega, though, and even if Sega have said they plan on letting Atlus pick their publishing partners, they might do something about that.

Sega have had a while to do something, though, since they owned Atlus for a while before they apparently annoyed NISA past the point of no return. They just don't seem interested.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I mean more along the line of them publishing Atlus games along with others like Mighty No. 9 and Bloodstained

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The part about select SEGA titles gives me hope for 7th dragon.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Can't wait to cry like an anime fan on prom night when Persona 5 comes out.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

HGH posted:

Can't wait to cry like an anime fan on Valentines Day when Persona 5 comes out.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

HGH posted:

Can't wait to cry like an anime fan on prom night when Persona 5 comes out.

I cry like that most nights, but at least it will be nice to have something to look forward to this time! :v:

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Junpei Hyde posted:

The part about select SEGA titles gives me hope for 7th dragon.

7th Dragon's been confirmed:

https://twitter.com/deepsilver/status/750665176425299968

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm glad.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Sega don't want to interfere with how Atlus operates at all. Which is a mixed blessing, on one hand it means you don't get corporate interference with how Megaten games turn out but on the other hand it means Atlus and Atlus USA can do what the gently caress they want and it seems every European publisher who has worked with Atlus USA in the past has nothing nice to say about them.

So I'm just wonder how long this deal with Deep Silver will last before Atlus USA cock it up again.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Deep Silver bringing Persona 5 and SMT IV Apocalypse to Europe.

https://twitter.com/deepsilver/status/750661060852649984

I've never been so happy.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
SMT4A on September 20th. Yeesh, when they said Summer 2016 I didn't expect the last day of Summer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktlodvp_NZ0

September's gonna be a gross month on the ol' wallet and playtime.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

drat that looks as though it owns

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Is this going to be any good? I like the character design on the box art but I'm not in love with the chibby characters.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

SylvainMustach posted:

Is this going to be any good? I like the character design on the box art but I'm not in love with the chibby characters.

It certainly doesn't take itself very seriously, in that the fist-fighter class is "Maid/Butler" and another class is literally "kid playing real-life Yu-gi-oh cards". Gameplay-wise it's essentially Etrian Odyssey except the random battles are way more trivial and pointless, but in exchange there are a lot more FOEs walking around, and you're expected to fight them earlier.

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
Would it be worth replaying SMT4 to get the netural ending before Apocalypse hits in the west? I only did the Law path before but that was a while ago, so I don't recall a lot of the specifics of the plot, and I never did neutral at all. I'm a bit afraid I won't be able to get through it again before Apocalypse drops though, or that I'll just end up burning myself out on press turn gameplay

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

It's not worth it because Apocalypse overwrites the Neutral ending/path anyway, and any specifics you need to know will be explained in-game.

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013

Davos posted:

Would it be worth replaying SMT4 to get the netural ending before Apocalypse hits in the west? I only did the Law path before but that was a while ago, so I don't recall a lot of the specifics of the plot, and I never did neutral at all. I'm a bit afraid I won't be able to get through it again before Apocalypse drops though, or that I'll just end up burning myself out on press turn gameplay

Keep in mind that SMT4 is a long game; a non-new game + neutral playthrough took me about 60 hours.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

TurnipFritter posted:

It's not worth it because Apocalypse overwrites the Neutral ending/path anyway, and any specifics you need to know will be explained in-game.

Well...actually it wouldn't hurt, as there are some scenes in Apocalypse (on one path, anyway) that'll make less sense without having seen the Neutral ending. I wouldn't bother playing it though, just watching the ending on Youtube or something.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I beat fe# on hard, around 75 hours because I tried to get a load of the trophies

Idk if I'll ever bother with lunatic, there isn't enough depth to warrant increasing difficulty

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

HGH posted:

SMT4A on September 20th. Yeesh, when they said Summer 2016 I didn't expect the last day of Summer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktlodvp_NZ0

September's gonna be a gross month on the ol' wallet and playtime.

In what world is September 20 "Summer"

But yeah good luck with FF15 release I guess

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

In what world is September 20 "Summer"

But yeah good luck with FF15 release I guess

This one. First day of Autumn is Sept. 22nd. Just beating the buzzer with their release.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Neither Laura Bailey nor Liam O'Brien came back so I'm a bit bummed about Apocalypse.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I look forward to playing SMTIV:A next year.

Who's voicing Dagda?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This one. First day of Autumn is Sept. 22nd. Just beating the buzzer with their release.

Everyone knows summer ends when schools start! That's the point of releasing huge 70 hour RPGs in the summer.

Edit: I haven't been in school for 6 years but still

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Golden Goat posted:

I look forward to playing SMTIV:A next year.

Who's voicing Dagda?

Sounded like Chris Tergliafera for a minute

Justin_Brett posted:

Neither Laura Bailey nor Liam O'Brien came back so I'm a bit bummed about Apocalypse.

Yeah, O'Brien is part of what made Navarre fun and the new guy doesn't sound anywhere near as good

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Baal posted:

Sounded like Chris Tergliafera for a minute

Yeah, O'Brien is part of what made Navarre fun and the new guy doesn't sound anywhere near as good

No...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So, let me get this poo poo straight.

Trails of cold Steel 2, SMT4, Persona 5 and FFXV are all coming out in the same loving month?

Well gently caress you too, free time.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ImpAtom posted:

So, let me get this poo poo straight.

Trails of cold Steel 2, SMT4, Persona 5 and FFXV are all coming out in the same loving month?

Well gently caress you too, free time.

Persona 5 isn't coming out until February. Well I guess it's coming out in September if you import.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I mean, you could always go the self-imposed masochist challenge route and wait for Persona 5 to actually come out in February while dodging spoilers for 5 months.
See, one less game to play!

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Justin_Brett posted:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Laura Bailey and Liam O'Brien are now dualcast as the Persona 5 protagonist.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't even remember who Laura Bailey was in SMTIV

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

MrAristocrates posted:

I don't even remember who Laura Bailey was in SMTIV

Nozomi, the demon hunter without a face.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Wasn't she Burroughs too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Burroughs was Ali Hillis