Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

gently caress that gif for cutting before the money shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Is that seriously a third generation copy?
The original got motion-stabilized, put on the Daily Mail site and then somebody filmed it off their screen.
When you can just watch the original here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCR8kbwxQ4g

And thanks for the blueballing :argh:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

wow that's some hosed up gore mate what is this ogrish

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hermes Conrad would have made that.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Lurking Haro posted:

Is that seriously a third generation copy?
The original got motion-stabilized, put on the Daily Mail site and then somebody filmed it off their screen.
When you can just watch the original here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCR8kbwxQ4g

And thanks for the blueballing :argh:

Cake was defending itself from some idiot who tried to ruin it

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

How long until cakes with internal support will have giant red warnings on them?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
If the cake'd been another couple of centimetres forward then it would have had a giant red warning on it.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
http://i.imgur.com/zu0oTDS.gifv

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

counterweight quickly damped the motion, i see nothing wrong

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
it's like a cartoon.... it even waited for him to look down to start falling

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/B9VJzKf.gifv

No helmet, no vest, that's an OSHA

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Why did he tie the top part of the tree to the bottom?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Fallows posted:

Why did he tie the top part of the tree to the bottom?

So it doesnt fall on a house or whatever is below.

He braces himself so I think he knew what was coming, or maybe hes trying to undo the thing holding the cutting up. Its hard to tell with the zoom out.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

JB50 posted:

So it doesnt fall on a house or whatever is below.

He braces himself so I think he knew what was coming, or maybe hes trying to undo the thing holding the cutting up. Its hard to tell with the zoom out.

Seems like the smart thing to do would've been to go up a bit higher, tie and cut the branches off individually, so there isn't quite so much mass falling at once.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Pyroclastic posted:

Seems like the smart thing to do would've been to go up a bit higher, tie and cut the branches off individually, so there isn't quite so much mass falling at once.

Someone already did the "smart thing" and hired someone else to do it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I just noticed the new warehouse door opens inward. I already read up on the relevant building safety regulations so that the minute they slap a sign on it to make it a designated emergency exit (and they will) I can make a corporate HSEQ report referring to specific paragraphs in it (it's also too narrow).

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Evilreaver posted:

Poor lil guy, what is the wheel he's turning attached to?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

whitey delenda est posted:

Poor lil guy, what is the wheel he's turning attached to?
Its a valve handle. He's closing some giant rear end pipe, with what is probably hilarious effects

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Evilreaver posted:

http://i.imgur.com/yPDkVgy.gifv

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

zedprime posted:

Its a valve handle. He's closing some giant rear end pipe, with what is probably hilarious effects

Based on the color and some of the fittings visible... My guess is high pressure gas line. Of course since it's in a strange land where that creature lives, they may use completely different colors for things so who knows.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The Locator posted:

Based on the color and some of the fittings visible... My guess is high pressure gas line. Of course since it's in a strange land where that creature lives, they may use completely different colors for things so who knows.
I was also being a little dramatic. Those sorts of valve actuators have such huge mechanical advantages in the gearbox you're going to be spinning that thing for a while to make a serious change to flow resistance.

I assume some guy monitoring the line started seeing it behave funky, scratched his head, asked a tech to go check out the line. Then the tech gets there and says you ain't going to believe this, and catches a video while cracking up.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Evilreaver posted:

"poo poo there's a gas leak John, shut off the emergency valve!"

"I'm

on

it

chief"

And that's how 10 men died and John Q Sloth lost his job.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I managed to read that in john q sloths voice somehow

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Over at the PYF unnerving article or story thread, Axeman Jim decided to share a tale of utter incompetency of British Railways that caused numerous train cars to become crushed like tin cans and their passengers pulped over the years. I figured they might be of interest to some posters of this thread. Stories start with this post.

Here are the posts in isolation:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Five men have been crushed to death by a collapsing wall at a metal recycling plant in Birmingham, England.

The wall was made of concrete blocks, each weighing 1.5 tonnes. Scrap metal then spilled on top of that. The men were killed instantly; a sixth luckier man is being treated in hospital for a broken leg.

In a surprise to absolutely no-one, it turns out that this is the third incident at the plant in four years: 700 tonnes of scrap metal caught fire earlier this year, which at its peak required eight fire engines on scene, and in 2012 the company was fined after a worker's arm became entangled in an unguarded conveyor belt.

Corporate Manslaughter legislation was toughened up a few years ago. If there was ever a case where senior management deserved prison time, it's this one.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
If regulations were actually enforced and fines/punishments severe enough to change behavior it would be regulations run amok destroying our economy. Take your "basic safety regulations" back to Brussels!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Make sure you skid boots with don't know what will be like on of the road.

Sage advice, and we should all pay attention.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Lincoln posted:

Make sure you skid boots with don't know what will be like on of the road.

Sage advice, and we should all pay attention.

Don't forget! Have your non you, you the weather the other end.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

noo

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Something something 'the state of left wing politics in the UK'

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Wasabi the J posted:

Don't forget! Have your non you, you the weather the other end.

I feel like you could run this through Google Translate a few times between languages and actually get sensible output.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Gromit posted:

I feel like you could run this through Google Translate a few times between languages and actually get the cipher for the Voynich manuscript.

KaiserKarl
Dec 31, 2006

Lady Demelza posted:

Five men have been crushed to death by a collapsing wall at a metal recycling plant in Birmingham, England.

The wall was made of concrete blocks, each weighing 1.5 tonnes. Scrap metal then spilled on top of that. The men were killed instantly; a sixth luckier man is being treated in hospital for a broken leg.

In a surprise to absolutely no-one, it turns out that this is the third incident at the plant in four years: 700 tonnes of scrap metal caught fire earlier this year, which at its peak required eight fire engines on scene, and in 2012 the company was fined after a worker's arm became entangled in an unguarded conveyor belt.

Corporate Manslaughter legislation was toughened up a few years ago. If there was ever a case where senior management deserved prison time, it's this one.

Based on what I know about Birmingham from watching Peaky Blinders, this is not surprising.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

:stare:

I worked in a tire shop for a few years and this image made my rear end in a top hat pucker. The guy who said back off a few football fields worth of length and snipe it is right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It doesn't quite loop right, otherwise this would be perfect,