Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

AugmentedVision posted:

yes in an episode with Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson

That's the only episode of Voyager I never bothered watching. I think the commercials that made it look like WWF in space turned me off.

Usually Trek+half naked men would be a recipe for success in my book, but musclebound meatheads do nothing for me. I was always more of a Q lover. That episode where the continuum steps him of his power and you get to see one whole Q butt cheek is all I need to be happy.

Would have been better if we lived in France though, so it could have been Q's butthole instead of his butt cheek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If I knew you had such a weakness I'd have appeared to you as a disembodied butthole.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The Rock isn't a muscle bound meat head though. He oozes charm and I can only imagine he'd be fantastic to hangout with.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yeah by all accounts the Rock seems like a great guy, it's just that big musclebound guys aren't my thing.

The disembodied butthole idea sounds pretty great, though.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I'd have to know that the disembodied butthole belonged to John Delancie, though.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Like, through intrinsic butthole knowledge.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Each one is special like a snowflake.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

All naked Q, all the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0XdRxSHVKg

PART 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYHMi69-_A0

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 7, 2016

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
That post broke my Awful app, but was so worth it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
John deLancie is a goddamn treasure

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Well poo poo, I just read that deLancie has defended bronies in the past so I guess I have to consider him human scum now :smith:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Big Mean Jerk posted:

John deLancie is a goddamn treasure

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
god loving drat it :negative:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
He knows on which side his bread is buttered.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
you think maybe he just plays along, knowing those freaks are his source of income and at home he just cries and cries and cries, thinking of the terrible poo poo he's done just to keep a steady job?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
One day I was very drunk and watched one of the Brony documentaries to make me feel better about myself, and they said during conception the bad guy was supposed to be like Q from Star Trek and the producers asked if de Lancie was free to voice it. He was, and thus....

Hey, just remember him in Breaking Bad for being Jessica Jones' dad.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

you think maybe he just plays along, knowing those freaks are his source of income and at home he just cries and cries and cries, thinking of the terrible poo poo he's done just to keep a steady job?

Yes. Exactly this.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Dude's got decades of dealing with trekkies under his belt. I bet it takes a lot to get to him. At least bronies only like children's shows.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Germstore posted:

Dude's got decades of dealing with trekkies under his belt. I bet it takes a lot to get to him. At least bronies only like children's shows.

That's why I assume Stewart did X Mens.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I like to think he doesn't know about the lovely aspects of Bronydom and thinks it's just some adults who like a kids cartoon in a relatively normal way. Like how when I was growing up, my parents liked Dangermouse because it was a funny show with jokes adults could enjoy as well. It wasn't like they wanted to buy and gently caress plush dolls of Penfold.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sunswipe posted:

I like to think he doesn't know about the lovely aspects of Bronydom and thinks it's just some adults who like a kids cartoon in a relatively normal way. Like how when I was growing up, my parents liked Dangermouse because it was a funny show with jokes adults could enjoy as well. It wasn't like they wanted to buy and gently caress plush dolls of Penfold.

... That you know of.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

he's been doing exactly this for the last 30 years or so, why change now?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cthulu Carl posted:

... That you know of.

I'll have you know my parents were perfectly ordinary necrophiliacs.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I think some actors just realize what a lucky break they got and generally being friendly and professional isn't really that tall an order, especially considering people who bother to show up to such events see you already in a very positive light to begin with. To some people being social just also comes naturally and they have no problem answering the same questions and telling the same anecdotes and stories event after event, year after year. Of course others act very entitled and consider such scenarios hell but well, it just comes down to personality.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Not to belabour the Tarantino foot thing, but people totally missed pointing out that someone who worked on Trek circa TNG all the way up to Voyager clearly had a foot thing going on too. My wife has one form of Trek or another on for background noise daily just around the office or house, and we both zeroed in on it after our second or third pass of TNG: the Space Irish lady who uses foot washing as a pretense to get Riker's Lower Beard, the incredibly rapey half-Betazoid Lloyd Braun who insists on oiling Deanna's feet ("Don't do that, don't do Counsellor Troy"), Kes needing foot massages to properly give birth, and I'm sure half a dozen other instances of this that pop up throughout the series. I'm putting my money on Berman, but my wife suspects Ira Steven Behr. :iiam:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Syrnn posted:

I'm putting my money on Berman

Hmm...

Syrnn posted:

my wife suspects Ira Steven Behr. :iiam:

Hrmmmm......

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Someone wondered what happens during the night shift on Federation ships.

I bet it's this.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

It's good that Larry B Scott kept getting work.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

One day I was very drunk and watched one of the Brony documentaries to make me feel better about myself, and they said during conception the bad guy was supposed to be like Q from Star Trek and the producers asked if de Lancie was free to voice it. He was, and thus....

Hey, just remember him in Breaking Bad for being Jessica Jones' dad.

True he was pretty great in Breaking Bad

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

god loving drat it :negative:

Just to clarify is it ok to enjoy watching MLP with my 3-year-old son because it's leagues better than Mickey Mouse clubhouse and all the poorly dubbed eurotrash cgi cartoons on Netflix and I can't find Batman: Brave and Bold streaming for free anywhere or should I just burn my house down with me and my kid in it and ask my neighbors politely to please salt the earth?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The latter because you've clearly failed as a parent when you can buy a dozen better shows on dvd

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Never let goons pick your child's shows or required viewing will be Eraserhead and The Adventures of Pete and Pete.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

I'd like to imagine that tuvok's death throws were filmed with the intent of being chopped up into short clips to be used throughout the season, but an editor got lazy and just threw the whole thing in there.

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Mondian posted:

Hmm...

Hrmmmm......

Also O'Brien and a transporter-pregnant Kira.

criscodisco posted:

Never let goons pick your child's shows or required viewing will be Eraserhead and The Adventures of Pete and Pete.

I see nothing wrong here. Eraserhead probably makes more sense to a child and Pete and Pete was on Nickelodeon, the last dutch boy holding the (admittedly lovely) dike against a flood of shows like AAH REAL MONSTERS and The Angry Beavers.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

criscodisco posted:

We watched the old Max Fliecher superman cartoons over and over until I couldn't take it anymore so I guess I'm already that guy to some degree.

Tumble leaf on Amazon loving rules and makes me want to do drugs.

Dad kids show chat.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If Q wasn't a voice on the show and wore brony poo poo on his own I'd raise an eyebrow, but he's employed by the pony people, of course he's going to cash in on those fans. Also I don't care if he's a brony furry, he's Q and gets a pass.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Just to clarify is it ok to enjoy watching MLP with my 3-year-old son because it's leagues better than Mickey Mouse clubhouse and all the poorly dubbed eurotrash cgi cartoons on Netflix and I can't find Batman: Brave and Bold streaming for free anywhere or should I just burn my house down with me and my kid in it and ask my neighbors politely to please salt the earth?

No, people like you are why the show, and other children's shows, have some grown-up jokes and references, so you don't get bored to death raising your child. It's problematic when an adult fanbase appears that is childless, currently and forever.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I like wrasslin'.

The Voyager episode with the Rock is disappointing as is standard issue for Voyager because the Rock is barely in it.

However it does heavily feature Jeffery Combs and J.G. Hertzler dressed up in different alien makeup but it's basically like Weyoun and Martok are guest stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I did not know there was a Voyager episode with The Rock. I will not watch it because I'm sure my imagination can do a better job. I am currently imaging the warp core getting rock bottomed and having to be ejected as a result.