Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Amish posted:

When does it ask you for team affiliation, anyway? I made my dude and picked Charmander as my starter. Do you need to be level 5 to pick a side and interact with the gyms?

Team Blue supremacy (Pokemon Blue was the first Pokemon game I owned, natch)

You got to pick your starter? I made my dude and it put me in the world and there was a Bulbasaur sitting on my desk at work. Figured you got something random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Can someone link eve Pokemon GO apk?

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.

New Leaf posted:

You got to pick your starter? I made my dude and it put me in the world and there was a Bulbasaur sitting on my desk at work. Figured you got something random.

After Professor Willow talked to me, I was surrounded by Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle, and could pick which one I tapped on to "challenge" and catch.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005

Amish posted:

When does it ask you for team affiliation, anyway? I made my dude and picked Charmander as my starter. Do you need to be level 5 to pick a side and interact with the gyms?

Yep, at level 5 you can pick your team and also do all the gym stuff. It's great because right now every gym is empty so I just plop a pidgey in each one and move to the next.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Amish posted:

Correct, level 5.

Also team blue here too

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.

Cbear posted:

Yep, at level 5 you can pick your team and also do all the gym stuff. It's great because right now every gym is empty so I just plop a pidgey in each one and move to the next.

So goddamned excited to get home and run around to do this. I'm sure Philadelphia will probably have quite a bit more activity, especially downtown, though technically without it being released yet we'll see.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Sideloaded Pokemon Go. Gonna squat all the gyms in the area before it releases here.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I live in nowhere Ohio so I expect it to be like Ingress and have nothing around me :smith:

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Pokemon Go doesn't work on Android N :smith:

Spent a couple hours last night getting to that disappointing conclusion

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005

Amish posted:

So goddamned excited to get home and run around to do this. I'm sure Philadelphia will probably have quite a bit more activity, especially downtown, though technically without it being released yet we'll see.

I'm sure Philly will be pretty crazy with the amount of gyms. I might check out DC today depending what time I get off work. Would be pretty cool to be the first gym leader of the Washington Monument gym, etc. Haha

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

Boten Anna posted:

Pokemon Go doesn't work on Android N :smith:

Spent a couple hours last night getting to that disappointing conclusion

It's highly likely that it's not released in your country yet. Check the playstore page of the game with your phone and it will display the correct error message.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nianticlabs.pokemongo

EDIT: vvvvv Oh... that's really unfortunate. I'm sorry :(

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jul 6, 2016

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

HelloWinter posted:

It's highly likely that it's not released in your country yet. Check the playstore page of the game with your phone and it will display the correct error message.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nianticlabs.pokemongo

The error message is that the game boots the logo splash screen, then goes to a grey screen. Also there's a ton of posts on r/pokemongo and various articles that mention that it straight up doesn't work with Android N, not to mention a bunch of Play store reviews.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.

Cbear posted:

I'm sure Philly will be pretty crazy with the amount of gyms. I might check out DC today depending what time I get off work. Would be pretty cool to be the first gym leader of the Washington Monument gym, etc. Haha

This is why I am immediately running to the Liberty Bell as soon as I get home from work.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Len posted:

I live in nowhere Ohio so I expect it to be like Ingress and have nothing around me :smith:

So, the fact that I commute into Montreal every day should probably fetch me a fair number of them.

If I ever move back to my home town (small), I'll be in the same boat as you, man.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Boten Anna posted:

The error message is that the game boots the logo splash screen, then goes to a grey screen. Also there's a ton of posts on r/pokemongo and various articles that mention that it straight up doesn't work with Android N, not to mention a bunch of Play store reviews.
This is why the store needs a better error message than 'incompatible with all your devices'

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

LegalPad posted:

Are there any JRPGS that are cheap or free and not painfully easy? I'm looking for an old-school experience with actual old-school difficulty.

It's somewhat of a dead genre on mobile unless you dig into the rpgmaker looking ones.

All bout them grindfestcollectathons.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
x-posting from pokemon thread:

Rafza posted:

shop items for those that are curious:

Pokeballs: 20 for 100 coins, 100 for 460 coins, 200 for 800 coins
Incense (Increased Encounter Rate 30 minutes): 1 for 80 coins, 8 for 500 coins, 25 for 1250 coins
Lucky Egg (Double EXP for 30 minutes):1 for 80 coins, 8 for 500 coins, 25 for 1250 coins
Lure Module (Incense but for Pokestops, works for all in the area as well): 1 for 100 coins, 8 for 680 coins
Egg Incubator (Hatches eggs, breaks after 3 uses): 1 for 150 coins

Upgrades

+50 Item Storage (Backpack): 200 coins
+50 Pokemon Storage (Storage Upgrade): 200 coins

Coins (prices could be changed because softlaunch):

100 for $.99
550 for $4.99
1200 for $9.99
2500 for $19.99
5200 for $39.99
14500 for $99.99

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

fadam posted:

Can someone link eve Pokemon GO apk?

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/niantic-inc/pokemon-go/pokemon-go-0-29-0-release/pokemon-go-0-29-0-android-apk-download/

I woke up hoping it would be available in Canada but no dice so apk here I come

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ugh, I never go in for these things, but I couldn't help it. I've literally never played anything Pokemon related, beyond Smash Bros, and I'm pumped for this game.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

LegalPad posted:

Are there any JRPGS that are cheap or free and not painfully easy? I'm looking for an old-school experience with actual old-school difficulty.

Sadly the best thing on ANY platform like that right now is Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for the Wii U on hard. The only thing I've played on Android recently that comes close is Brave Exvius (wherein a $600 phone chugs on large tilemaps that an SNES can handle no problem) but it's more gatchathon than RPG. There ARE the old Dragon Warrior games (I think DQ1 is like $1, or I got it on sale or something?) if you want to go literal.

CrashCat posted:

This is why the store needs a better error message than 'incompatible with all your devices'

Yeah on my phone it says "not available in your country", on the web it gives me this ("not available in your country for this device" in the dropdown after pressing install lol) and if I just install the APK I get the aforementioned grey screen of death.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Super Stickman Golf 3 is out.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

The Drifter posted:

This might not be what you're looking for, but I've so much as given up on this and just went with NES/SNES/GBA emulators.

Yeah, sounds about right. Thanks.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Softlaunch of Pokémango? Ugh. I'm already splitting my time between FFBrexitus and KHUnKey... No free time or battery life for me at all.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Kheldarn posted:

Softlaunch of Pokémango? Ugh. I'm already splitting my time between FFBrexitus and KHUnKey... No free time or battery life for me at all.

buy a battery pack

i travel enough that i need one for work purposes anyways, but a halfway decent one runs you about thirty bux

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Drakes posted:

It's somewhat of a dead genre on mobile unless you dig into the rpgmaker looking ones.

All bout them grindfestcollectathons.

Are there any rpgmaker type games that stand out above the rest?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/RealShigeruM/status/750751273830330368

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!
I'm looking for a multiplayer game to play with family and friends that has more "clan" interaction than just donating things. Asynchronous play is a must, since we span time zones and school/work lives. Co-op isn't necessary, but I do personally prefer it.

To give some context, some kids and adults in my extended family have been playing Clash of Clans for a while now. The clan war mechanic is a really fun way to be involved with my nephews beyond impersonal card donations and stuff. We do a bit of strategizing, cheer each other on, all work toward a goal (winning the war), etc. But the game has become enough of a grind outside of wars that the kids are less interested these days.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for, but any suggestions are welcome!

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Are there any diamond codes for Mystic Castle or am I just stuck grinding the ads or buying them?

Also what is the best way for workers to produce coins? Just the obvious gold miners->coins transaction?

Geocities Homepage King fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 6, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

LegalPad posted:

To the Moon, I've heard, but I don't think it's on mobile.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Pokemon down for anyone else? Says the servers are having issues.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

LegalPad posted:

According to Pocket Gamer UK, the following Kemco games are not bad.

Symphony of Eternia
Symphony of the Origin
Eve of the Genesis
Covenant of Solitude

Kemco has, like, 20 different RPGs that they've come out with. I got almost all of them through a Humble Bundle, but I've only dabbled in a few. I'm always impressed at the amount of care that is put into them, regardless of how good they actually are. I remember playing, like, 10 minutes of Symphony of the Origin when it first came out and I remember it being pretty good, but I moved on pretty quickly. For whatever reason, I've tried to play a ton of RPGs on my phone and regardless of quality, I just tend to lose interest. Final Fantasy Dimensions is good (and expensive) and I really liked it, but I just ended up playing, I dunno, some Skinner Box poo poo anyway.

Other poo poo... Doom and Destiny is goofy, but okay. I actually hung in there with this one and I'm almost at the end, but the random battles end up being a huge pain in the rear end after a certain point (you can't just auto-attack through them, they take some effort, which sucks when they are relatively frequent).

Edit: Apparently Asdivine Hearts is good, too, and you can get it for $3 along with a whole bunch of other mobile games here.

1337kutkufan6969 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jul 7, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

New Leaf posted:

Pokemon down for anyone else? Says the servers are having issues.
Yeah it went down right about the time kids would be getting out of school here. Though it's July so that's got to be coincidence

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Seravadon posted:

Are there any diamond codes for Mystic Castle or am I just stuck grinding the ads or buying them?

Also what is the best way for workers to produce coins? Just the obvious gold miners->coins transaction?

Near as I have figured out, yes to both questions.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Len posted:

You will be surprised. I'm in nowhere Au and I have a ton of stuff in and round town.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm in a town that you probably can't find on a map in North Carolina and there's a gym down the road from my subdivision and 2 Pokestops between my place and the McDonald's. You'll have something, I promise.

Game is back up and there seems to be a spawn point directly in my back yard, and a Tauros was chilling in my yard. loving awesome.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

"town you can't find on a map" "subdivision" "McDonald's" one of these things is not like the others

when the game launches ill go visit my dad and give it a proper :banjo: tryout

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Final Fantasy VII is finally out for Android.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

mrkillboy posted:

Final Fantasy VII is finally out for Android.

Too bad it's probably just as garbage as FFIX for playing with a controller :(

I'd be curious if it is playable (and I don't consider it playable if I can't map the controls to be exactly like the original console version) on a PS4 controller, if anyone has a chance to try it out

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
e: whoops, we have a thread now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like Pokémon GO has launched in the US. This afternoon, it wasn't compatable with any of my devices, and now it's compatible with my LG running Android 4.4.4, but still not with my Nexus 7 running Android 5.

Also, thread for it.