Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Grem posted:

We did one of those ninja demos where a bunch of tan belts rushed at us and our sick ninja moves kept them all at bay. I'm not even joking, it was the corniest poo poo ever.

https://youtu.be/anEuw8F8cpE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

new MARADMIN 69-ballsdeep0311:

All black belt students will be required to compete on American Ninja Warrior. Failure to scale the vertical wall will result in NJP for lack of heart.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
serioustalk I'd love to try that course, it looks like it'd be fun as hell even if you suck at it

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

Old older brother says that when he was in OCS in 97, the personal defense program was just instructions on how to kick a man in the knees so hard it snapped it backwards and then stomping on his neck and skull until he died.

Seems like a winning strategy

"The President of the United States of America takes pleasure in presenting the Navy Cross to Corporal Clifford M. Wooldridge, United States Marine Corps, for extraordinary heroism while serving as Vehicle Commander, Combined Anti-Armor Platoon White, Weapons Company, Third Battalion, Seventh Marines, Regimental Combat Team 2, FIRST Marine Division (Forward), I Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward) Afghanistan, on 18 June 2010 in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM. When their mounted patrol came under intense enemy fire, Corporal Wooldridge and his squad dismounted and maneuvered on the suspected enemy location. Spotting a group of fifteen enemy fighters preparing an ambush, Corporal Wooldridge led one of his fire teams across open ground to flank the enemy, killing or wounding at least eight and forcing the rest to scatter. As he held security alone to cover his fire team's withdrawal, he heard voices from behind an adjacent wall. Boldly rushing around the corner, he came face-to-face with two enemy fighters at close range, killing both of them with his M-249 Squad Automatic Weapon. As he crouched back behind the wall to reload, he saw the barrel of an enemy machine gun appear from around the wall. Without hesitation, he dropped his empty weapon and seized the machine gun barrel. He overwhelmed the enemy fighter in hand-to-hand combat, killing him with several blows to the head with the enemy's own machine gun. His audacious and fearless actions thwarted the enemy attack on his platoon. By his bold and decisive leadership, undaunted courage under fire, and total dedication to duty, Corporal Wooldridge reflected great credit upon himself and upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and of the United States Naval Service."

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

tan belt ninjas for life biiiiitch

I actually DID the course for green belt because I was forced to but because I was a tan belt it didn't count :lol:

PookBear fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 5, 2016

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Old older brother says that when he was in OCS in 97, the personal defense program was just instructions on how to kick a man in the knees so hard it snapped it backwards and then stomping on his neck and skull until he died.

Seems like a winning strategy

Did McMap change after I left in 04? Cause that's what a lot of our instructor went over. With an emphasis on rubber knives and rifles while wearing your flack and helmet because stab that motherfucker you boot bitch idiot, don't goddamn dry hump him on the ground that's how you die.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Steezo posted:

Did McMap change after I left in 04? Cause that's what a lot of our instructor went over. With an emphasis on rubber knives and rifles while wearing your flack and helmet because stab that motherfucker you boot bitch idiot, don't goddamn dry hump him on the ground that's how you die.

Yes it's MMA moves like arm bars

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Steezo posted:

It's still pretty much the same stuff except supposedly less emphasis on hazing and more emphasis on escalation of force non lethal compliance techniques. I guess leadership got tired of Marines getting their asses kicked in bars while trying to dislocate limbs and mudstomp skulls. So we switched to helping drunk Marines get their asses kicked while assuming basic warrior stances and shouting "MARINE CORPS!!!!"

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
The problem obviously is that these patriotic devil pups forgot to flare the heel

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Boston trip report:

I'm all out of ribbons, I lost my cover, almost completely drowned in pussy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Did you actually get laid or just molested?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Well I'm married but one of my Sergeants got kicked out of a bar for getting butt naked and banging a girl on a patio.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bob A Feet posted:

Well I'm married but one of my Sergeants got kicked out of a bar for getting butt naked and banging a girl on a patio.

No one is married on deployment, shipmate.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Bob A Feet posted:

poo poo that sounds NAM worthy

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

the idea is good, warrior ethos or whatever. the execution is terrible because they let some mma retards from quantico design it.

it should really just be no holds barred fighting in a fighting load and a football helmet(so nobody gets their chiclets knocked out by a buttstroke)

I'm curious if MCMAP has truly benefitted us in combat that offsets all the injuries it has caused by pitting 18 year olds against each other and telling them to go at 75%.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Uroboros posted:

I'm curious if MCMAP has truly benefitted us in combat that offsets all the injuries it has caused by pitting 18 year olds against each other and telling them to go at 75%.

prolly net negative since you cant do any of your badass mma moves in a fighting load w/ a rifle.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

prolly net negative since you cant do any of your badass mma moves in a fighting load w/ a rifle.

Brown Belt has a lot of "Using the rifle as a club" poo poo iirc. Which you would think as something they should lead with in tan belt

vains
May 26, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

Brown Belt has a lot of "Using the rifle as a club" poo poo iirc. Which you would think as something they should lead with in tan belt

i dont think at any point you do moves in a flak w/ plates, a kevlar and a rifle. much less, all of that plus water and ammo.

but i guess the cirriculum would be short since you'd be down to:
kick dude
buttstroke dude
stomp dude

it would be 'how to kick another man w/ out breaking your shin or tearing an acl'

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

i dont think at any point you do moves in a flak w/ plates, a kevlar and a rifle. much less, all of that plus water and ammo.

but i guess the cirriculum would be short since you'd be down to:
kick dude
buttstroke dude
stomp dude

it would be 'how to kick another man w/ out breaking your shin or tearing an acl'

I think we can all agree that every aspect of MCMAP was very poorly executed

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Literally the entire MCMAP curriculum was designed to be done in a plate carrier and kevlar.

Whether or not that's actually practiced is another matter.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

Internet Wizard posted:

Literally the entire MCMAP curriculum was designed to be done in a plate carrier and kevlar.

Whether or not that's actually practiced is another matter.

It's not, I can count the number of times I had plates and a kevlar on during training with one hand. The whole thing should be done with full battle rattle so you can see that no, an armbar will do nothing but make you a very vulnerable turtle.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I've done a bunch of MCMAP in a vest. One of the guys in my group decided to wear his plates as well on the first day, and didn't tell anybody. He changed his mind pretty quick when I slammed him on his back doing counter to a round kick.

Really all of the "this is how you kill a man" stuff is tan and grey belt. Other than a couple of weapons techniques, you don't really do any more lethal stuff until black level. Green and brown are mostly the middle parts of the escalation of force ladder.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

you do realize that a plate carrier with no plates is just another layer of clothing right

vains
May 26, 2004

Reverand maynard posted:

you do realize that a plate carrier with no plates is just another layer of clothing right

does your clothing have molle loops? thought not bitch.

vains
May 26, 2004

after you arm bar a taliban and he taps, do you both stand up and bow to each other?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Right before I got out I got the mcmap moves about throwing a starving desperate rear end in a top hat off your rifle and I thought hmm maybe they should have done more of this stuff and not drilled lovely dumb uppercuts and even shittier roundhouse kicks and trips and various suicidal takedowns. Also lol at gating actually useful things behind a belt hierarchy. Sorry padawan, but you must practice ten thousand four fingers chokes and be approved by a council of supply corporals before we might show you ancient secrets about how to retain control of your rifle.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Best Friends posted:

Right before I got out I got the mcmap moves about throwing a starving desperate rear end in a top hat off your rifle and I thought hmm maybe they should have done more of this stuff and not drilled lovely dumb uppercuts and even shittier roundhouse kicks and trips and various suicidal takedowns. Also lol at gating actually useful things behind a belt hierarchy. Sorry padawan, but you must practice ten thousand four fingers chokes and be approved by a council of supply corporals before we might show you ancient secrets about how to retain control of your rifle.

Don't forget 20 hours of smashing your forearms together per belt grade.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

red19fire posted:

Don't forget 20 hours of smashing your forearms together per belt grade.

Do they still do the groin punches for nerve hardening? Or other hardening...

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
They've phased that out (maybe infantry dudes still do it I dunno) for the most part because it turns out if you don't continually haze yourself like, weekly, the deadening effect goes away.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

For real the instructor said we had to wear them to practice takedowns. I guess he figured the soft armor would be enough padding to make a difference. I dunno, grunts are dumb.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Steezo posted:

Do they still do the groin punches for nerve hardening? Or other hardening...

I have nerve damage to my thigh from body hardening. Its one of those things where if I ever see the fucker again in person I'd pick up something heavy and bash his loving skull in.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Hope my squadron has some loving pokestops in it

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/USMC/status/752602019341361152

am I old enough to yell about the old corps yet

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Police call this training area until you find me a Machop or Bellsprout

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

overdesigned posted:

https://twitter.com/USMC/status/752602019341361152

am I old enough to yell about the old corps yet

I am old and I think Pokemon Go is a great idea and I hope that it's not just fad. I like geocaching because it combines hiking with treasure hunting and Pokemon is kind of like that. If it motivates people to get active, I don't care how dumb the cartoon is, I support the effort.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
Only time I ever used mcmap irl (while wearing full combat load) was to chest kick an iraqi kid into a burn pit while yelling "Sparta!," and I was a tan belt at the time.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I spent five years as a tan belt. Didn't matter, tan belts loving owned.

https://youtu.be/zAXUxksAA3c

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

MCMAP wasn't all bad and idk what you guys are on about there's definitely MMA stuff but like the first two belts are all rifle combat poo poo, bayoneting, and knife play

Also if it got you out of work that was cool.

I just hated spending 45 minutes getting hazed doing 1,000 burpees in a flack and poo poo and then doing technique for 15 minutes. Which is all MCMAP has been for the last long while but they're really trying to move away from that iirc.

But you still get the super tough old school dudes that insist on doing push-ups where everyone is all human centipede and sit-ups while the dude is wrapped around your waist hanging and other dumb poo poo

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Aug 1, 2016

vains
May 26, 2004

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

MCMAP wasn't all bad and idk what you guys are on about there's definitely MMA stuff but like the first two belts are all rifle combat poo poo, bayoneting, and knife play

Also if it got you out of work that was cool.

I just hated spending 45 minutes getting hazed doing 1,000 burpees in a flack and poo poo and then doing technique for 15 minutes. Which is all MCMAP has been for the last long while but they're really trying to move away from that iirc.

But you still get the super tough old school dudes that insist on doing push-ups where everyone is all human centipede and sit-ups while the dude is wrapped around your waist hanging and other dumb poo poo

no they're not loving bootass corpsman.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Nobles are awful but crashing into the ground in your kickin' fighter jet on a training exercise is a pretty awful way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Eyewitness said it broke up midair on a bomb run. Not a lot you can do at that point; even if you pull the handle, at that speed it's real dicey.

Second fatal accident for VMFA-232 in less than a year, too. That one that crashed in England was also theirs.

• Locked thread