Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Oh my God this UI is atrocious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

sorry but this game looks really fuckin boring

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

voltcatfish posted:

sorry but this game looks really fuckin boring

good thing it is short then

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Like I think System Shock 2 has a pretty good UI even though it's fairly old, this game looks real poo poo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I've only ever heard of System Shock and how big of a deal it was and whatever. But I never bothered to like, look it up or research it at all.

This game is... eesh.

I'm sure it was impressive back in the day :v:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The moment where you see the grenade floating in front of his face before dying is unintentionally funny.

Also the dancing guy in the upper left corner is keeping my morale up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There are very, very real reasons people only talk about System Shock 2 and not the first one.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I've only ever heard of System Shock and how big of a deal it was and whatever. But I never bothered to like, look it up or research it at all.

This game is... eesh.

I'm sure it was impressive back in the day :v:

Well most are usually talking about the 2nd game, not this one.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Barudak posted:

There are very, very real reasons people only talk about System Shock 2 and not the first one.

Because there's no co-op?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Mr E posted:

Like I think System Shock 2 has a pretty good UI even though it's fairly old, this game looks real poo poo.

SS2's UI (like everything else about SS2) aged very poorly. But this is the ugliest game I've ever seen.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mr E posted:

Oh my God this UI is atrocious

This is the updated UI. Here the non-'remaster' UI.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

What really sucks is we don't get to hear any of SHODAN's dialogue :(

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
The UI reminds me of Robcop's or the Terminator's POV shots, where the directors just threw a bunch of poo poo on the screen to make you think it was high tech.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

New Concept Hole posted:

Because there's no co-op?

Mostly because its strictly superior to this. It has aged really, really badly across the board but good god is System Shock 1 just a labrynth of archaic badness.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

That time is actually about 12:51

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Aces High posted:

What really sucks is we don't get to hear any of SHODAN's dialogue :(

Spoiler: The fabled "look at you hacker" line never actually plays during the actual game.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
I am digging this System Shock 2 music in the background at least. :v:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Rirse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctF-dVNR4jo

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

who cares about that? she has a lot of other great dialogue in System Shock 1 that we don't get because we just beat a 5 hour game in under 13 minutes

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Rirse posted:

Allot of the big ugly excessive UI back then was actually an excuse to cover up large portions of the screen so that less stuff needs to be rendered, giving you better performance.

Bholder posted:

Spoiler: The fabled "look at you hacker" line never actually plays during the actual game.

It's in the opening cut-scene for SS2, which is the only one people actually care about.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i did appreciate that shodan apparently communicates to the player via future-emails

these judge dredd folks have about 5 minutes to impress me otherwise its bedtime

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Also if you hate how the game UI looks, just wait until you play it and find out the controls.

(I still love SS1)

DoctorStrangelove posted:

It's in the opening cut-scene for SS2, which is the only one people actually care about.

As far as I know it is actually in the game files, but it never actually plays

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Who is ready for a shovelware garbage FPS that is weirdly kind of fun?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

Macaluso posted:

I want to know what goes into picking which seat everyone chooses to sit at. Some are up front, some are in some random places in the middle, one guy is way the hell in the very back

Also that's a ton of chairs, are they ever fully filled up? Is AGDQ sort of like a con where there are booths for things outside of the speedrunning room?

You just sit wherever you want, there are some people sitting way in the back just because some people just like sitting way in the back i guess?

They usually fill up during really big runs like Super Metroid and such, it's not full most of the time(I think this SGDQ may have more chairs then they usually do though?)

There is an arcade and a pinball and a board game room and a casual games thing outside of the actual stream room, and probably other stuff I'm not thinking of.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

man one hour until deus ex? :(

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Maybe its because I'm watching at weird times, but the audience area always seems really emptied out.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the hexen run made me real nostalgic, wish i had gotten ziggurat during the steam sale

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

So why is this game ahead of Deus Ex?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Did the SS1 run just go balls-to-the-wall faster than they expected? Last I checked it would've started right about now, but evidently I just missed it.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

good question, I would rather see Deus Ex first, then I would have more time to do other things before Max Payne 2

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

So why is this game ahead of Deus Ex?

It has dumb mechanics, goofy design, co-op and is based on a franchise with two more films than Deus Ex so its clearly infinitely a better game.

This mode is fun, too, in a dumb way.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

MisterBibs posted:

Did the SS1 run just go balls-to-the-wall faster than they expected? Last I checked it would've started right about now, but evidently I just missed it.

We're about half an hour ahead of schedule and the run was only 13 minutes long, sorry. :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

yep i'm out

toodles

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

hooooooooly gently caress that scowl on Dredd

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
gently caress, I kinda want to rewatch Dredd now.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I am da law

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Oh man I thought the runner who kept saying that was just being goofy. That's an actual repeated voice clip.

This is going to be great. :allears:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As a heads up, this game has a law-o-meter which drains as you fail to follow the laws of Megacity One. Basically, you must use extreme prejudice on anything that even attempts to be violent and you must arrest the hell out of literally everyone.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, I remember this game's demo. Part and parcel of playing it normally involved cuffing everyone you ran across, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i bought dredd vs death last week i cant wait 2 play it...

• Locked thread