Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

Holy poo poo, I remember this game's demo. Part and parcel of playing it normally involved cuffing everyone you ran across, right?

I played the first level once, and the answer is "most people". The best part is if you walk by and someone and they deliver a semi-random voice quip about judges, you can then arrest them for being sassy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
someone did a lp of this a while ago it was a p fun romp

dredd chin

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I was wondering why they were doing a run where they watch the cutscenes.

I understand completely now.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Oh lordy these character models.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mmmm Redbull

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I... think I have this game.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Crime: Dunking.

The true Cyberpocalypse.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

SWMadness posted:

Oh lordy these character models.

I actually love games made around that time that went full on with the cartoony look

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
This got me to look if there's ever been a SWAT 4 co op speedrun and apparently there's a 10-player co op speed run. :stare:

Also :lol:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

New Concept Hole posted:

This got me to look if there's ever been a SWAT 4 co op speedrun and apparently there's a 10-player co op speed run. :stare:
Can this be a donation incentive run for AGDQ 2017? That would be amazing.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

The graphics, the hud, and the red bull advertisements make this feel early 00's as gently caress.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Reminder, everyone should watch the film Dredd, then later, once fully relaxed and prepared to accept Rob Schnieder being a thing in a film, Judge Dredd.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

fadam posted:

Maybe its because I'm watching at weird times, but the audience area always seems really emptied out.

I wonder if that ever becomes discouraging when certain games get big crowds with cheering but then you show up with a game to speedrun and almost no one is there. I hope not because they consistently have like 80k+ viewers on Twitch with a Twitch chat that never ever stops moving so they have way way more people watching than the empty room suggests

Barudak
May 7, 2007

New Concept Hole posted:

If this isn't AGDQ 2017 someone has severely hosed up.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

New Concept Hole posted:

I think they did something like this at an ESA. The audio was an endless clusterfuck of spammed "HANDS IN THE AIR! YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!" barks.

So, pretty realistic, then.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

The Kins posted:

I think they did something like this at an ESA. The audio was an endless clusterfuck of spammed "HANDS IN THE AIR! YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!" barks.

they sure loving did, check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_hHbQ_p6y4

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

The Kins posted:

Yeah ESA2014 It's nothing but tear gas and shouting and amazing.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Barudak posted:

Reminder, everyone should watch the film Dredd, then later, once fully relaxed and prepared to accept Rob Schnieder being a thing in a film, Judge Dredd.

Or if you want, just watch Dredd twice. It'll be the better experience.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Have a cheeky bid war over best chin: Kevin or Judge Dredd

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Only film I am glad I watched in 3D at the cinema.

Also: Consider yourself stopped.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I AM THE LA

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I love this falling glitch. It's like the Sonic Boom jump glitch in reverse.

Also, yes, people need to see Dredd. It's like Mad Max: Fury Road how an old IP suddenly got a bad-rear end installment out of nowhere for a franchise that really didn't deserve one.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I A M
T H E
L A

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I am the Los Angeles.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Hurt posted:

I decided to watch Dredd again while having this run play in the background. Very good choice...just wish it would get a sequel already!

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Maxwell Adams posted:

I love this falling glitch. It's like the Sonic Boom jump glitch in reverse.

Also, yes, people need to see Dredd. It's like Mad Max: Fury Road how an old IP suddenly got a bad-rear end installment out of nowhere for a franchise that really didn't deserve one.

It's bloody as gently caress and has some great action sequences, but it doesn't really have any of the satire or gallows humor that I associate with some of the comics either. Still a great movie though.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
"Fire in the Smokatorium!"... really?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Law <3

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

ToiletDuckie posted:

"Fire in the Smokatorium!"... really?

it seems like that's where it would belong. also, probably a good band or album name

this run ain't bad, not great but not bad

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Judge Dre

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Indecisive posted:

this run ain't bad, not great but not bad

It's fun mostly because of the cutscenes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Punch a meat monster in the dick, or, the year 2003 in video games.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

man what's with sequel soundtracks? As much as I like the Human Revolution soundtrack I'm all for some regular Deus Ex music

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Hahaha, I'm not the only person who diverges his eyes to watch poo poo in faux-3D!

Magic Eyes were always easy as poo poo for me...

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Deus Ex is just a lovely Minecraft clone.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
When I ran this game for AGDQ2014 my PB was 45 minutes and the WR was 39, and I was doing a bunch of extra poo poo for incentives. The WR is now 33 minutes and he's not doing anything extra. Watch this run. :colbert:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_eE0GMAXh8

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Deus Ex is the best game.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Make AI soldiers terrified (of a fart grenade), skip entire levels. This is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I like this runner.

• Locked thread