Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, Biscuit makes a comeback as a deranged, mask-wearing cyborg villain.

Biscuit in a Grey Fox costume might be worth all those other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Season 2 spoilers:

The A-V system is actually designed to simulate psychic powers in its users when they bond too strongly with it. Mika begins to subtly sense the emotions of his enemies and in doing so realizes the horror of violence and death. His upgrade, Solomon Gundam, is designed to battle foes without killing the pilots. A convenient side effect is that this involves de-limbing his enemies so his allies can collect the parts to work with the new Season 2 model kit gimmick Interchangable limbs for side robots.

By de-limbing, we do mean de-limbing. Every pilot Mikazuki fights basically gets the Johnny Got His Gun treatment, as Mika realizes he can hurt and demoralize his enemies more by leaving everyone he fights in a state of terrified living death.

As for the main new information, I'm not worried yet, even if it's not a good sign either. Iron Blooded Orphans had a low enough fights to episodes ratio that it could probably fit a few more scraps safely, and the setting already has at least a dozen gundams still in combat shape but not shown. Assuming things are amping up to full on war, more of both would be natural enough.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 6, 2016

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
For real Season Two spoiler: Gundam Caim shows up and murders loving everything.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Sandman posted:

For real Season Two spoiler: Gundam Caim shows up and murders loving everything.

President Camio? Sounds like a better fit for the UNDERSTANDING Gundam.

Now, the Gundam Baal? That's going to be a loving nightmare. I'm betting on it being McGillis's new suit, seeing as there are pretty obvious reasons why the leader of Gjallarhorn might not want to take the Grimgerde out for a spin.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

The Sandman posted:

And then next episode everyone turns out fine. Maybe a few bandages.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

The Sandman posted:

Will it be riding a Gundum Angelus, a-la G Gundam?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Shinjobi posted:

They are going to gently caress it up.

That said, I am fairly confident we aren't going to get 00 season 2, either! I just don't have faith in them tweaking the formula.

I have solid hope that it'll be better than BF Try was overall, but probably not better than the best parts of BF Try. Here's hoping they at least try and do better than that, though.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Monathin posted:

I have solid hope that it'll be better than BF Try was overall, but probably not better than the best parts of BF Try. Here's hoping they at least try and do better than that, though.

Think we can aim a little higher than BF?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sazabi posted:

Think we can aim a little higher than BF?

For a Gundam series? Not really.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

bman in 2288 posted:

Will it be riding a Gundum Angelus, a-la G Gundam?

That goes without saying.

Even better, Mika already killed the local Inuart!

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

The Sandman posted:

That goes without saying.

Even better, Mika already killed the local Inuart!

But then who is Furiae? :ohdear:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Traveller posted:

But then who is Furiae? :ohdear:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

It gets me every time.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Season 2 PV.

The white-haired guy at 0:36 or so kinda looks like the protagonist of the manga sideseries, wonder if they'll be integrating it into the main show?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I appreciate them giving Barbatos the Dragonslayer. Shame that upgrade looks bad.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm disappointed Barbatos is going all-in on swords.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

At least Orga's upgrade looks pretty good. That suit is snappy looking.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Eh at least they're using big rear end swords instead of some lame katana

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

It looks like the option parts this time include a couple of maces, so it's not like Mika's abandoning gently caress off bludgeoning damage. He's just learning to better appreciate a weapon that can stab and bludgeon.

Looks like we're getting a small timeskip. And like Tekkadan's getting some backers with very deep pockets, from the fact they've got their own custom mobile suits.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Monaghan posted:

Eh at least they're using big rear end swords instead of some lame katana

yea if they're going more to sword gundam at least they're big gently caress off robot swords.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Season 2 PV.

The white-haired guy at 0:36 or so kinda looks like the protagonist of the manga sideseries, wonder if they'll be integrating it into the main show?

That's not Argie. He still has both his hands.

chiasaur11 posted:

It looks like the option parts this time include a couple of maces, so it's not like Mika's abandoning gently caress off bludgeoning damage. He's just learning to better appreciate a weapon that can stab and bludgeon.

Looks like we're getting a small timeskip. And like Tekkadan's getting some backers with very deep pockets, from the fact they've got their own custom mobile suits.

Those are, unsurprisingly, Teiwaz designs. You can tell by the triangular waist joint.

Akihiro's new Gusion looks pretty slick.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

chiasaur11 posted:

I like how it looks like a minor timeskip and then suddenly a scene where Kudelia looks like a grown rear end woman and you start wondering exactly how many years have passed.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Eej posted:

I like how it looks like a minor timeskip and then suddenly a scene where Kudelia looks like a grown rear end woman and you start wondering exactly how many years have passed.

She looks pretty much the same as usual, just with a different haircut and wearing a suit.

I imagine it's probably a 3-6 month timeskip to allow for CGS' increased funding and much more professional look, and that way it can be the start of Cookie and Cracker's school year at the start of the show.

I hope this season spends most of its time on Mars. :ohdear:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Raxivace posted:

At least Orga's upgrade looks pretty good. That suit is snappy looking.

Do you mean Akihiro's new upgrade, or did Orga get a suit I missed?

Anyways, I like the Lupus. It's basically just a sleeker, cleaner Barbatos, doubling down on its sports-car aesthetic and managing to look like a powerful upgrade without being over-busy. It's a real nice signifier of Tekkadan going from scrappy underdogs to a major-league, well-branded corporation.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Orga has a suit, as in -and-tie, not as in mobile. :v:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Do we have actual production shots of the new Gusion? I'd love to see those.

Also really digging the new Barbatos, that poo poo looks like a villain mech you'd see in a Super Robot show given a gundam paintjob, it looks menacing as gently caress and the Gundam-Sized Dragonslayer only adds to the appeal.

Here's hoping he doesn't lose it like, 8 episodes in like last time :v:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
After seeing an episode on Toonami I quickly made my way through the entire series and I have to say I love it and I can't wait for season 2. Only thing I want to clarify is when Ein was constantly moaning about wanting to avenge his superiors, did he just mean Crank or every superior killed by Mikazuki?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

After seeing an episode on Toonami I quickly made my way through the entire series and I have to say I love it and I can't wait for season 2. Only thing I want to clarify is when Ein was constantly moaning about wanting to avenge his superiors, did he just mean Crank or every superior killed by Mikazuki?

Mostly Crank.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Lemon-Lime posted:

Orga has a suit, as in -and-tie, not as in mobile. :v:

Mobile Suits are robots and Normal Suits are space suits, so what do you call those?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Caphi posted:

Mobile Suits are robots and Normal Suits are space suits, so what do you call those?

Business suits.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Caphi posted:

Stylish.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Out of curiosity is there anyway to find the threads response to certain episodes without guess work?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
You could look up when each episode aired and match it up with post dates

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for that advice. I will be posting more thoughts later, but one of my favorite things about the series is that Mika's main weapons were not elegant swords that would lead to 'graceful' kills or whatever. Instead it was a spear/mace hybrid and the saw-club, weapons designed for brutality to help reinforce just how hosed up he is.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Thanks for that advice. I will be posting more thoughts later, but one of my favorite things about the series is that Mika's main weapons were not elegant swords that would lead to 'graceful' kills or whatever. Instead it was a spear/mace hybrid and the saw-club, weapons designed for brutality to help reinforce just how hosed up he is.

Not only that, but even his elegant odachi was used in some p. hosed up ways.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Not only that, but even his elegant odachi was used in some p. hosed up ways.

Mikazuki's whole combat style is "I want to kill the hell out of those guys as fast as possible."

It's as straightforward as everything else about him.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

This is exactly why I'm glad he's getting a giant fuckoff 'sword' that is basically one part stabbing implement, one part crushing implement. It's the perfect weapon for him.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Monathin posted:

This is exactly why I'm glad he's getting a giant fuckoff 'sword' that is basically one part stabbing implement, one part crushing implement. It's the perfect weapon for him.

I disagree. Unless it is a mecha chainsaw that is designed for messy kills, I feel like his ideal weapon is big gently caress off hammer with plenty of spikes of which to not only impale his enemies on, but to store his kills as well.

So more thoughts on the series. What he did to Carta Issue and her few surviving men was brutal, but should not have been a surprise to anyone. They show up out of nowhere and demand a dual and basically demand the moon in return for allowing them to continue on their way. If Carta had tried to at least make the idea of a dual somewhat equable then it would have been better. Hell, Crank came into a dual with no benefits to if Mika and Tekkadan won, but at least he tried to make the idea of a dual sound appealing.

That leads me to my second issue, a lack of sympathetic villains besides Crank. When Carta and Gaelio died I felt sorry for them, but all their other actions were of arrogant and racist nobles who couldn't give a drat about anything other then their self serving views of honor. I could go on for a while but how Ein's hissy fit about what happened to Crank was aggravating, but his constant insistence of trying to avenge Crank when all he was doing was making GBS threads on what the dude actually believed in was just too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Gaelio was sympathetic largely because of how the last few episodes dismantled him, culminating in McGillis explaining exactly how badly he'd been used right before killing him.

He was utterly out of his depth by the end (much like Carta), and his final moments were him out-Garmaing Garma. It was a bit excessive when his main crime was never stepping outside his privileged background.

• Locked thread