Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Will I understand all of this when the run goes up on Youtube or is it more a chatroom thing?

Love GDQ. Can't wait to binge this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Drunken Baker posted:

Will I understand all of this when the run goes up on Youtube or is it more a chatroom thing?

Love GDQ. Can't wait to binge this weekend.

I'm pretty sure being there would improve the experience but nah, not really. You'll know when you see it.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Elliotw2 posted:

Three colors per sprite, I just ruined every NES game for you.

yeah but most nes sprites don't carry around a sword made of their own flesh

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

DoubleDonut posted:

yeah but most nes sprites don't carry around a sword made of their own flesh

Link's meat sword is powerful.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Re: palettes, there's a book called (appropriately enough for this run) I Am Error, came out last year, will tell you all you could want to know and more about the NES.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Catching up on stuff: drat, that Sonic 06 run was great.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Assuming I didn't have much time to watch SGDQ until now, what runs do I absolutely have to catch up with? Ratched and Clank but what else

Smellem Sexbad
Sep 16, 2003
Deus ex

Jedi Academy

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Entenzahn posted:

Assuming I didn't have much time to watch SGDQ until now, what runs do I absolutely have to catch up with? Ratched and Clank but what else

Depends on what "much time" was. People say Tropical Freeze and Catherine, but I can't vouch for those. Momodora was great, the SW block was great - but especially Jedi Academy -. SOTN blindfolded is SOTN blindfolded, Ratchet and Clank was good too, and Jak and Daxter...well, it's a thing that you experience.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

How far behind is Simpol?
Nevermind I thought he was in a previous dungeon.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
Loved that Zelda II run. Commentary was very good. Never get tired of seeing that game.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Dias posted:

Depends on what "much time" was. People say Tropical Freeze and Catherine, but I can't vouch for those. Momodora was great, the SW block was great - but especially Jedi Academy -. SOTN blindfolded is SOTN blindfolded, Ratchet and Clank was good too, and Jak and Daxter...well, it's a thing that you experience.

Tropical Freeze was great. High level of skill all around, the commentators do a good job explaining the strategies and routes, and it stays REALLY close the whole way.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

That was a terrible donation joke.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Shoutouts to the fez guy in the audience.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Golden Goat posted:

That was a terrible donation joke.

It took me a bit. Also it killed the reader's soul.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Rygar is one of my all-time favourite NES games. Too bad we got the bugged euro version that was super hard because of the tone/last glitch. In my later years I have finished the Famicom version, but never the PAL one.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Entenzahn posted:

Momodora and Spyro were both really good.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Time to criticize a nes game ending.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dias posted:

Catherine was nuts, I can vouch for that one.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Catherine was absolutely a highlight. It's an amazing game to watch even if you've never played, and if you have played it's an even crazier run.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
think there are more people in the couch area now than in the entire rest of the room. for a seven minute run.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I mean if no one else is gonna sit there...

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Epidemiologist is apparently an incredibly hard word to say for every commentator I have watched so far.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Everyone is either still sleeping/drinking/loving like gross rabbits in the hotel.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

What was the deal with the air Canada tweet?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

KKKLIP ART posted:

What was the deal with the air Canada tweet?

You should watch the Jak and Daxter run.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Dias posted:

You should watch the Jak and Daxter run.

Let's assume one doesn't want to watch a two hour run to get one joke

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jia posted:

Let's assume one doesn't want to watch a two hour run to get one joke

You should watch Jak and Daxter.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Dias posted:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dias posted:

Also adding in there's more to the run besides the air Canada joke.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, it's just a minor quip based on a travel holdup and Bonesaw's sleep-deprived insane state of mind throughout that entire run. I just thought the Air Canada answer was funny.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Also should shout out the Curse of Issyos race: one of the duo is Pcull, the guy who helped facilitate the nightmare that was the Jak run

there's great chemistry between the two in the issyos run as well

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Jak was less of a nightmare and more of a fever dream.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Suddenly a 2.5 hour run that wasn't on the schedule I had open, I was looking forward to PJ soon :(

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Demicol posted:

Suddenly a 2.5 hour run that wasn't on the schedule I had open, I was looking forward to PJ soon :(

Huh, I don't think Illusion of Gaia was an incentive.

I played all of these Soulblazer games and never finished any as far as I remember. Welp.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So I fell asleep after Ultimate Doom, what runs do I have to watch?

I'm thinking System Shock, Deus Ex, Jak and Daxter and Zelda II. Should any of them be avoided?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Your Computer posted:

So I fell asleep after Ultimate Doom, what runs do I have to watch?

I'm thinking System Shock, Deus Ex, Jak and Daxter and Zelda II. Should any of them be avoided?

Deus Ex is a must-watch.

AvidAcid
May 30, 2004

oh christ
Watch this Illusion of Gaia run because Puwexil owns and so does the game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
puwexil is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe