Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Stoneforging in Jittes/Batterskulls/Swords might be even better if they just come in attached to something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Flash was originally UW but was shifted over to UG. White is still tertiary in flash

the first half of this statement is just not true

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Elyv posted:

the first half of this statement is just not true

Evidence:

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

I meant the actual keyword

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Lobsterpillar posted:

Back in Mirrodin days I had an affinity deck, didn't have any ravagers but made do with Atog and Disciple of the Vault. Its fun to drop a disciple and an atog, sacrifice everything and just win. Also living the Ornithopter - cranial plating dream.

Yes it is an affinity deck! It has ornithopters and cranial plating for sure. It also has a pester thing that gives +1/+0 to my dudes when it attacks, and that white enchantment that gives +2/+2 to all artifacts. Definitely some fun stuff that seems to synergzie well. That 4/4 Myx thing that I can play for no cost when I get enough artifacts out. I beat my buddy's $140 dollar angel deck :D

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

This lets you cast Bestow creatures, in aura mode, at instant speed, right?

Edit: checked Bestow's wording, it is cast "as an aura spell" so should work.

I believe the rules change that meant you couldn't bestow at instant speed with Prophet of Kruphix now makes this work (timing restrictions are checked after alternative costs are chosen)

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Barry Shitpeas posted:

They've been updated in oracle to have the actual keyword. :smug:

Also, Scryb Ranger, Briarhorn, Gluttonous Slime, Haze Frog, Ambush Viper, Skylasher, Boon Satyr, Vile Redeemer, Pack Guardian. Mono-G creature with flash in every block from Time Spiral on except Scars and RTR.

And RTR has a hybrid UG creature with flash that can be cast off of mono-G.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Huh, I forgot that. Looking through Lorwyn and TSP block I guess I buy it. Also why does Mantle of Leadership have flash, I totally forgot that that card exists :psyduck:

-------------------------

Mausoleum Wanderer
U
Creature - Spirit
Flying

Whenever a Spirit enters the battlefield under your control, Mausoleum Wanderer gets +1/+1 until the end of turn.

Sacrifice Mausoleum Wanderer: Counter target instant or sorcery spell unless its controller pays X, where X is Mausoleum Wanderer's power.
1/1

like judge's familiar but better!

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

They've been updated in oracle to have the actual keyword. :smug:

Also, Scryb Ranger, Briarhorn, Gluttonous Slime, Haze Frog, Ambush Viper, Skylasher, Boon Satyr, Vile Redeemer, Pack Guardian. Mono-G creature with flash in every block from Time Spiral on except Scars and RTR.

And RTR has a hybrid UG creature with flash that can be cast off of mono-G.

There's a Maro article, god knows which one, where he talks about keywording abilities and assigning them to colour pairs. When they first decided to make flash a keyword in TSP, it was primary in white and blue (probably secondary in green and tertiary in the others). TSP had a bunch of white flash creatures and SHM had Plumeveil. After a while they decided U/G needed a mechanic and U/W already had flying so now flash is primary in blue and green and tertiary in everything else.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Elyv posted:

Huh, I forgot that. Looking through Lorwyn and TSP block I guess I buy it. Also why does Mantle of Leadership have flash, I totally forgot that that card exists :psyduck:

Because it was Time Spiral and more words = better

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Sigardas blessing goes right into EDH voltron decks I think.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Minority Deport posted:

We are through the looking glass of #mtgfinance

Martin Shkreli, real-life troll and douchebag most notable for jacking up the price of some drugs, buying the only copy of that wu-tang album, getting indicted for fraud, and generally doing whatever he can to get himself the most negative attention possible, is looking to invest in magic.

I hope he buys all of the reserve list cards and Wizard caves and finally reprints them due to overwhelming player complaints

Shkreli becomes the hero MTG needed

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

He's likely just hopping in because the mtg market is a really easy way to launder money

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Decided to look at the responses to that tweet:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Gridlocked posted:

[bison]Of course![/bison]

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Meet the newest member of team Metagame Gurus!!!!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

rabidsquid posted:

He's likely just hopping in because the mtg market is a really easy way to launder money
It would only be funnier if he used something like MTGOX and bitcoins for double laundry duty. I'm actually surprised the mtgfinance and Bitcoin crowd doesn't have a greater overlap.

I am continuously amazed at how easy it would be to resell stolen things too - probably for the same reasons. :lol: that a pawn shop has some measure of care about the provenance about an item.

Gridlocked posted:

:stare:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
What if Martin Shkreli buys out MTG? Craig Berry interview w/ TWoo (MTG Finance)

LifeLynx fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 7, 2016

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

I was 100% sure this would link to a joke video but no, it's the real deal. :psyduck:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

an_mutt posted:

I was 100% sure this would link to a joke video but no, it's the real deal. :psyduck:

Have you ever known anything involving Travis Woo to be a joke?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Who wants to sacrifice themselves on the altar of listening to Travis Woo ramble for an hour to report back to the thread?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

This man needs to go.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

The funny thing is that every seller is actually relieved that they finally were able to move their lotuses.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I'm glad Martin Shkreli is saying he's buying out Magic cards. I hope he is, and that the end result is either that Wizards abolishes the Reserved List, or Shkreli is personally killed.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Count Bleck posted:

This man needs to go.

Needs to go and buyout the entire reserved list

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Count Bleck posted:

This man needs to go.

Go get more magic cards to give modern, legacy and vintage an even higher threshold of entry. Suck it, poors

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I feel like he's the kind of person who googles his name / responds to every tweet so he's probably just trolling but I hope it's true

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Please everyone just sell him your fakes.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Attorney at Funk posted:

I'm glad Martin Shkreli is saying he's buying out Magic cards. I hope he is, and that the end result is either that Wizards abolishes the Reserved List, or Shkreli is personally killed.

Wizards of the Coast had created the Reserved List, so it was a cruelty beyond imagining, a pain beyond description, that it fell upon them to end it forever.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I hope he buys out all the available high profile reserve list cards and sets them on fire

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mcmagic posted:

Please everyone just sell him your fakes.

And then tell him we did nothing wrong, and that everything we have done was legal.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Jabor posted:

So essentially, your opponent casts a spell, you blink queller once. You get to stack the triggers in whatever order you like (since you control the queller), so put the exile-a-spell trigger on the stack first (targeting the spell your opponent just cast), and the recast-the-spell trigger second.

The recast trigger resolves, and your opponent recasts their earlier spell. Then you blink queller a second time. This time, the leaves-play trigger does nothing (because the corresponding exile-a-spell trigger hasn't resolved), but you get to re-exile the spell that they just re-cast.

Finally, the other exile-a-spell trigger resolves, permanently getting rid of the spell they cast originally. With the net result being that you spent 6 mana to exile your opponent's spell. Repeatably.

Btw this still doesn't work how you want it to. It doesn't matter if you change the order of the triggers, at the end of the day, spell queller is in play with a spell under it, waiting to leave the battlefield. The only time you can fully exile a spell is if you have an instant speed sacrifice effect, or a blink instead of a flicker (Card returns at EoT instead of immediately)

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Stop talking about Martin Shkreli and start talking about how Song of the Dryads is actually a blue card

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Elyv posted:

Stop talking about Martin Shkreli and start talking about how Song of the Dryads is actually a blue card

Imprisoned by the Moon is about as good a way to deal with walkers as we have in standard at the moment... It's pretty much a 3 mana Path to Exile at Sorcery speed.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
"imprisoned in the moon"

Ok.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Elyv posted:

Okay good, Humans that are good and not a <4 cmc.

Also, that Blue Song of the Dryads

Didn't Maro have a loving conniption when they printed Song of the Dryads in green? How is blue better?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

mcmagic posted:

Imprisoned by the Moon is about as good a way to deal with walkers as we have in standard at the moment... It's pretty much a 3 mana Path to Exile at Sorcery speed.

Somebody tell Wizards to reprint Needle in Kaladesh, I mean it is an artifact.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Rinkles posted:

I hope this is the actual English name

Working Together"
1WW
Sorcery
Escalate: Tap an untapped creature you control

*Destroy target creature with power 4 or greater

*Destroy target enchantment

*Put a +1/+1 counters on each creature target player controls

It's the white one of the rare escalate cycle, it will be called "Collective %something%"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Count Bleck posted:

Okay good, Humans that are good and not a <4 cmc.

Also, that Blue Song of the Dryads

Didn't Maro have a loving conniption when they printed Song of the Dryads in green? How is blue better?

Blue gets effects that permanently tap down an opponent's creature or make it unable to use activated abilities, and they get polymorph effects. This is pretty easily in blue's color pie.

• Locked thread