Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
This is what I currently have, what's my best team:

Sabin
Terra
Biggs
Tronn
Lasswell
Rain
Krile
Cyan
Shantotto
Exdeath
Anzelm
Russell
Vivi
Wedge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Oh wow, mahadeva is a swift wake up kick to the balls compared to everything else before.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
use a phoenix down

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
on him?

well poo poo.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

vulturesrow posted:

This is what I currently have, what's my best team:

Sabin
Terra
Biggs
Tronn
Lasswell
Rain
Krile
Cyan
Shantotto
Exdeath
Anzelm
Russell
Vivi
Wedge

I'd say Exdeath, Terra, Krile, and then a pick of Sabin/Shantotto/Vivi. Sabin isn't the best character but your team is very mage-heavy, and he's the best melee unit you have unless you want to train up Lasswell.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i find it kind of odd how they don't really incentivize having lots of high tier characters. each one that you would actually want the loyalty reward for will take at least a month of grinding. grinding you can't cut short with premium currency, no less. so, exactly what reason is there to buy lapis other than crippling ocd?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

You can use Lapis to top off your energy, which does allow you to run more dungeons for TM gains or whatever else you want.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Garfu posted:

OK I have more slots now my bad. Feel free to add

I keep missing when you have a free slot. Think you could open 1 and add me 518,915,230

Also, how did you get 5*maxed out so fast. nrg refreshes on exp vortex?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I'm hoping to 5* my Exdeath soon, and then he'll need a bunch of levels obviously.

If I bring him to Adv Exp Vortex alone (plus friend) will he gain more exp than he would in a full party? Basically does the level give X amount of exp and then it gets split up, or does it give X exp to every combatant regardless of how many there are?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Suprfli6 posted:

I'm hoping to 5* my Exdeath soon, and then he'll need a bunch of levels obviously.

If I bring him to Adv Exp Vortex alone (plus friend) will he gain more exp than he would in a full party? Basically does the level give X amount of exp and then it gets split up, or does it give X exp to every combatant regardless of how many there are?

Yes if you run only him with a strong friend he will receive the 30k experience all to himself

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Alright that's what I figured, didn't want to potentially waste a bunch of exp though.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Regarding star quartz, is it worth saving up for the autoprotect bracer or is the staff/vest actually good too?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You can macro the gently caress out of premium characters. Takes about 7-10 days when you aren't playing.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Glad to see the compensation for that annoying 'connection error' bug on the exploration quests.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

I just used your Firion on a standard mission, hit Barrage, and it was like an unending fountain of mid-thousands damage. With no buffs / debuffs up. Goddamn.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
If you're using Butz as your friend remember to unequip potions before you enter combat

Auto-potion ate all my potions when I used a goon Butz as a friend :negative:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Jesus I didn't expect to see my level 72 CoD to be dwarfed so thoroughly. That is more than double my girl's attack.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MotU posted:

use a phoenix down

Either you can't use Items in the Coliseum, or my tablet is being retarded and refuses to let me swipe to items...

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Garfu posted:

Added, don't forget to use barrage!

My ID: 802616928

Still have plenty of spots

Never got this and you're full. The server must have eaten your request since it crashed right after this.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jul 7, 2016

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Awoke Vivi to 4* and immediately pulled a 3* dupe... best thing to do is use them in a party together when I'm grinding to build trust before fusing them, right?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i did some research, do not spend your starquartz if you have an exdeath. there will be an update that adds a 50 quartz pair of earrings that give a passive +20% mag bonus

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Whole 4 star team is complete, 5 star'ing ExDeath should happen in the next 2 days I hope. Need 6 Sacred Crystals, but should have those in the next hour or 3.
That and max level 60. If I get the bits I'll switch to XP dungeon tonight and grind thanks to Goon friends4ever

Any of the 3 new characters tomorrow worth dropping lapis/tickets on trying to get if you got Exdeath + Vaan?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Rafza posted:

i did some research, do not spend your starquartz if you have an exdeath. there will be an update that adds a 50 quartz pair of earrings that give a passive +20% mag bonus

I wish I knew this before spending my Quartz but I think that's a couple islands away. hopefully I'll have enough by then.

Mayor Defacto
Apr 21, 2010

So is everyone saving their first 5k lapis and the login bonus summon ticket?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Mayor Defacto posted:

So is everyone saving their first 5k lapis and the login bonus summon ticket?

Most people recommend holding on until there is a boosted event for summons
The whole save up 5k lapis and spend the rest as you need for opening more slots are energy thing

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Whole 4 star team is complete, 5 star'ing ExDeath should happen in the next 2 days I hope. Need 6 Sacred Crystals, but should have those in the next hour or 3.
That and max level 60. If I get the bits I'll switch to XP dungeon tonight and grind thanks to Goon friends4ever

Any of the 3 new characters tomorrow worth dropping lapis/tickets on trying to get if you got Exdeath + Vaan?

Kefka does his laugh when he uses his limit break, so yes, definitely worth!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Zotix posted:

You can macro the gently caress out of premium characters. Takes about 7-10 days when you aren't playing.

what, like autohotkey for phones?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

what, like autohotkey for phones?

Most people use Nox on their PC as far as I know, but a couple people do macro on their phones too.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Clockwork Beast! posted:

Two Vaults of Lapis, 18000 lapis each, $99 each.

Maybe I'm slow, here, but you used that lapis on energy refreshes to TM grind everyone?

I'm kinda wondering what's in the $75 Equipment Chest... even though I really shouldn't think of spending that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rafza posted:

Regarding star quartz, is it worth saving up for the autoprotect bracer or is the staff/vest actually good too?

If you won't have anyone who can cast Cura for a while, the staff is a godsend. Fina doesn't learn it till at least four stars.

Samba De Amigo posted:

If you're using Butz as your friend remember to unequip potions before you enter combat

Auto-potion ate all my potions when I used a goon Butz as a friend :negative:

Me too. Butz is still worth it though.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Heh I wondered what happened to all my potions!

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Hmm, does auto-potion at least contribute to the "items used in battle" trophy?

ItsNotAGirlName
Jan 9, 2011

Mile'ionaha posted:

Maybe I'm slow, here, but you used that lapis on energy refreshes to TM grind everyone?

I'm kinda wondering what's in the $75 Equipment Chest... even though I really shouldn't think of spending that.

The details button lets you look at what's in it, and you can tap the equipment to see its stats. But I'll save you the time, it's a whole pile of bullshit.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Mile'ionaha posted:

It shows you what's in it if you click View Details or whatever. But both of the equipment bundles are absolute trash.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

deathbagel posted:

Most people use Nox on their PC as far as I know, but a couple people do macro on their phones too.

What's the go-to emulator for iOS? I used bluestacks way back but I have no idea if there's a better option now.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Mylan posted:

Hmm, does auto-potion at least contribute to the "items used in battle" trophy?

No it does not.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Herux posted:

I keep missing when you have a free slot. Think you could open 1 and add me 518,915,230

Also, how did you get 5*maxed out so fast. nrg refreshes on exp vortex?

I've been playing for a couple months. The game was available by side loading the apk

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

HGH posted:

No it does not.

loving lame.

deathbagel posted:

I use Nox+AHK to run the Earth Shrine Exit every 4.75 minutes, so I sloooowly regenerate energy during the night. It also automatically clicks off any popups or quest completions that appear.

Not only does it slowly grind TM, you will wind up with a lot of half-decent materials and a fuckload of Friend Points, too!

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Mile'ionaha posted:

loving lame.

I use Nox+AHK to run the Earth Shrine Exit every 4.75 minutes, so I sloooowly regenerate energy during the night. It also automatically clicks off any popups or quest completions that appear.

Not only does it slowly grind TM, you will wind up with a lot of half-decent materials and a fuckload of Friend Points, too!

do you mind posting the AHK script? probably gonna do this tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rafza posted:

do you mind posting the AHK script? probably gonna do this tonight

Yeah, I should probably look into doing this too. Get my Terra's Ultima and 3 Galuf's Comets.

EDIT: We should also put this info in the OP.

m.hache fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 7, 2016

• Locked thread