Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

aBagorn posted:

then what is that system used for?

Explain it to me like I'm an idiot (because in all likelihood, I am one)

Employees are required to know if the message is classified based on things like the information within it as well as useful tags like the word "CLASSIFIED" in the header.

The people who made email really weren't worried very much about hacking.

These morons could be working on budgeting for a system or funding research that makes all this discussion moot

But nah let's try to find a way to get Trump elected instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Xarthor posted:

God the republicans are :qq: so hard about this and Comey is not taking the bait. Amazing.

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/751093541070405634

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Did the Republicans genuinely expect Comy to throw himself under the bus in order to ruin Clinton or something?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.
Reality is messy, Republicans yell at it, part the nth.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Haha, can't fire people who don't work here anymore.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Why is Dana Carvey's Bush impression speaking in my ear?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Potato Jones posted:

He keeps ignoring the "former government worker" part of his statement to try to emphasize a "double standard" that doesn't exist.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

aBagorn posted:

then what is that system used for?

Explain it to me like I'm an idiot (because in all likelihood, I am one)

Phone posting, but basically "classsified" information is a giant loving mess and theres different rules on what is classs5 and at what level by which agency. There is a system for certain levels of information but not all "classified " info is on that system

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Potato Jones posted:

It's good that through pointed questioning, the committee was able to get Comey to admit that there is absolutely no double standard in how Clinton was treated.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
These dum dums don't seem to understand that Clinton no longer works for the state dept. Comey keeps saying it, but nobody seems to care. She can't get disciplined/suspended/fired/etc from a job she NO LONGER HOLDS.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
This hearing is garbage. Comey has the patience of a saint.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Xarthor posted:

These dum dums don't seem to understand that Clinton no longer works for the state dept. Comey keeps saying it, but nobody seems to care. She can't get disciplined/suspended/fired/etc from a job she NO LONGER HOLDS.

Slippery Hillary does it again!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Xarthor posted:

It really is a who's who of the GOP leadership brain trust.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Xarthor posted:

Congress could always make her Secretary of State again just to discipline her.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Xarthor posted:

But can't we prevent her from getting hired as president?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I may not like what he stands for, but I do admire Comey's disdain for what is happening here

WHAT THE FUCJ

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/751093726571823105
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/751094058378985472

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
This committee is pretty much the Republicans going 'You have failed me for the last time, Comey!', then pressing the button to open the secret alligator pit. Except it opens a foot away from where Comey's standing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Opening the phone lines.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
This gentleman crowdsourced his comments for this investigation. How modern, how chic.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Xarthor posted:

You would think her resignation would be somewhat important.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Trump still has a lot of catching up to do in the Ted Cruz Memorial Bridge Burning contest.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He told a man in a wheelchair his shirt looks like a dishrag to his face in front of all his colleagues.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Mr Meadows, are you aware that your hair looks like someone dumped a wet bucket of seaweed on your head? Answer the question, sir.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I don't know what this picture is but it's one of my favorite things ever

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Zanzibar Ham posted:

This committee is pretty much the Republicans going 'You have failed me for the last time, Comey!', then pressing the button to open the secret alligator pit. Except it opens a foot away from where Comey's standing.

Also the button is connected to nothing and there is no alligator pit and they keep pressing it with sweaty impotent rage and groans.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Thaddius the Large posted:

It looks like some creepy dude attended one of those pajama parties that nightclubs throw every now and then.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Trump thinks he can carry IL after the poo poo show that is Rauner? LMFAO.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
ahahaha "why didn't you prosecute some State staffer?"

loving christ

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

The dude on the right is my Congressman.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

ahahaha "why didn't you prosecute some State staffer?"

loving christ

"Comey are you going on record as having a heart?"

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Fat creepy dude on the right was the Rep asking the referenced question

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

saintonan posted:

The dude on the right is my Congressman.

Congressman, Former Fetus.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
Hate to change the subject but some pretty choice quotes here

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/trump-changes-few-minds-with-meeting-on-the-hill

quote:

Another Republican in the meeting who declined to go on the record so he could speak candidly told TPM that Trump was asked pointedly if he would defend Article I of the Constitution.

"Not only will I stand up for Article One," Trump enthusiastically stated, according to the member in the room. "I'll stand up for Article Two, Article 12, you name it of the Constitution."

The Republican member said that Trump's lack of knowledge about how many articles exist, gave him "a little pause." (The Constitution has seven articles and 27 amendments.)

quote:

Blake Farenthold (R-TX) dismissed the flub as little more than a small error.

"He was just listing out numbers," Farenthold said.

quote:

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) said that Trump did a good job at the meeting "laying out a conservative agenda," but when asked if he still had fears about Trump's candidacy, Meadows said, "I got an interview I got to run to."

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I'm really hoping one of the R's just snaps and calls Comey a liar regarding being influenced instead of all this namby pamby insinuation poo poo. Then recommends a special prosecutor to investigate Comey. I heard Ken Starr has some free time on his hands these days.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

aBagorn posted:

If something is like actually classified isn't it only accessible on that intranet-like system that is fully internal?

That's only for certain higher levels of classification.

You have to remember that what's classified ranges from reports of a bathroom not being cleaned on a military base to literally the codes and such used to authorize a nuclear strike if the president can't be contacted, orders of magnitude in actual importance you see.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

A reminder:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
$500 to hack an IP address.

What a tool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

BREITBART GOT THE SCOOP SHE'S DONE

quote:

During testimony before Congress on Thursday, FBI Director James Comey stated that the FBI’s interview with presumptive Democratic presidential nominee former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was not under oath or recorded, but it still would be a crime to lie to the FBI.

• Locked thread