Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Sweet, Trak will now drop guts again for bard epic after today's patch :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

a real jerk posted:

i never realized there was a card game
Virtually no one played it, but just used it to open booster packs that could result in special loot cards that yielded in-game items. Most items were cosmetic, but some granted familiars with bonuses that were fairly decent.

EQ is so funny with its hodgepodge of meta-game mechanics, written by 100 different developers under 10 different art directors over the years. The LoN client in-game looks nothing like the rest of the UI, and most new players don't even know it's there. Anyone also notice how the housing GUI looks completely different than the normal GUI? So silly.

Troll
Jan 15, 2012
I caved and am gonna try it for a month. One of the skalla dudes gave me some items. It's going to take a while to get used to focus effects existing. I'm used to items being totally irrelevant to necro play.

People weren't lying about them totally screwing up 1-15. Some bard was plvling us for like an hour in fob and I only got 6.5. it's actually worse than p99 blue heh.

In game as Regrettable

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
Did they finally get rid of raid copies on test server? Saw some random bitching from one of the copy people getting their account banned and how (according to them) they lost over a thousand dollars of RL money but don't know what DBG did about it.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Love Crime posted:

Did they finally get rid of raid copies on test server? Saw some random bitching from one of the copy people getting their account banned and how (according to them) they lost over a thousand dollars of RL money but don't know what DBG did about it.
Isn't a "raid copy" just a /testcopy from FV, with a character that's been loaded with borrowed gear? I can see them perhaps in an extreme case banning because money changed hands in exchange for borrowing items, but not testcopying in itself from a legitimate character, whatever server that char might be on.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
How does getting an instanced zone work on Phinigel? Is there a NPC that you talk to to get an instance like with LDoN? Does it happen automatically if you are in a raid?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Dralun posted:

How does getting an instanced zone work on Phinigel? Is there a NPC that you talk to to get an instance like with LDoN? Does it happen automatically if you are in a raid?

An NPC, yes. Agent of Change (AoC). You hail him, he'll tell you the keywords you can do to spawn an instance (Expedition). If you're in the raid, everyone is automatically added to it. You can manually add people to it as well. Then you say a different phrase to get the AoC to teleport you inside.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

An NPC, yes. Agent of Change (AoC). You hail him, he'll tell you the keywords you can do to spawn an instance (Expedition). If you're in the raid, everyone is automatically added to it. You can manually add people to it as well. Then you say a different phrase to get the AoC to teleport you inside.

Anyone in the raid can technically do this, so you have to make sure to tell them all to wait on hailing the AoC before you fully invite your raid, or you're adding them individually to the expedition which is annoying.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right

Troll posted:

I caved and am gonna try it for a month. One of the skalla dudes gave me some items. It's going to take a while to get used to focus effects existing. I'm used to items being totally irrelevant to necro play.

People weren't lying about them totally screwing up 1-15. Some bard was plvling us for like an hour in fob and I only got 6.5. it's actually worse than p99 blue heh.

In game as Regrettable

Yo, welcome! Glad to have you on board. Activity is at a low this summer, as per usual, so we're trying to do a bit of recruiting.
Right now, we've given everyone in Skallagrim /guildinvite rights, all Goons welcome to join us in not poopsocking EQ.

I also have a serious issue with storing all kinds of garbage loot, so if you want to start something, let me hook you up!

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016

Pilsner posted:

Isn't a "raid copy" just a /testcopy from FV, with a character that's been loaded with borrowed gear? I can see them perhaps in an extreme case banning because money changed hands in exchange for borrowing items, but not testcopying in itself from a legitimate character, whatever server that char might be on.

Yes that's it but one of the guys doing it made it into a business with his own website and poo poo where you'd paypal him money to do it and apparently he got banned and now nobody is doing raid copies anymore.

Troll
Jan 15, 2012

Haukadalur Geezer posted:

Yo, welcome! Glad to have you on board. Activity is at a low this summer, as per usual, so we're trying to do a bit of recruiting.
Right now, we've given everyone in Skallagrim /guildinvite rights, all Goons welcome to join us in not poopsocking EQ.

I also have a serious issue with storing all kinds of garbage loot, so if you want to start something, let me hook you up!

I'll try and get 40 before I go rolling any alts. There isn't much of an issue getting groups as a Nec on here so its moving pretty quick. I think exp rate would be about right for my preferences if they bumped it by like 25% across the board (and fixed 1-15 using the same curve as other levels)

Next class will probably be a bard

I am looking for an Afflic. Efficiency II item if you have any.

Troll fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 30, 2016

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right

Troll posted:

I'll try and get 40 before I go rolling any alts. There isn't much of an issue getting groups as a Nec on here so its moving pretty quick. I think exp rate would be about right for my preferences if they bumped it by like 25% across the board (and fixed 1-15 using the same curve as other levels)

Next class will probably be a bard

I am looking for an Afflic. Efficiency II item if you have any.

Agreed on the XP rates, it's just a tad too slow. For me, the first 30 levels are the worst.
You really need a full premade and people who know what they are doing, and a sick charmed pet. Soloing efficiently is limited to a few classes, but a duo does quite well.
Necro duos with pretty much any healer type and does amazing.

Cheap or easily campable dot focis:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1173
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=809

You destroy undeads as a necro. My path would be Lguk at 30+, then CoM when you get bored, then Charasis all the way to 60.

Word is there is a bonus XP/faction weekend coming up, thanks Murica! :911::911::911:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
If anyone has any dirt cheap INT gear that a BRD can wear, send a tell to Brumans. Looking to add some INT for tradeskills.

Need stuff for these slots:

-Wrist (1)
-Shoulders
-Chest
-Waist
-Legs
-Primary
-Secondary

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
gently caress me I've started playing this poo poo again on Phinegal. Haven't played here since classic so some leveling to catch up, luckily the experience weekend is here to help.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Krazuel posted:

gently caress me I've started playing this poo poo again on Phinegal. Haven't played here since classic so some leveling to catch up, luckily the experience weekend is here to help.

The XP bonus is straight up legit. 58-60 in like 6 hours.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I have mid-level (20-50) characters on all the TLE servers. Which one has the best population right now? Nothing pisses me off more than searching for a group for hours.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Pretty sure Phinney has best population hands down.

Yeah the bonus exp has been nice, I've went from 50 to 58 so far, should finish up tomorrow.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
I don't see Phinegal on my server list, any reason for that?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

DigitalMocking posted:

I don't see Phinegal on my server list, any reason for that?

You have not paid your blood tithe to DBG.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin

jetz0r posted:

You have not paid your blood tithe to DBG.

Is phinny only for premium members?

Bonnono
May 2, 2006

You need an all access pass to play on the Phinny

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin
In order to play on Phinegal, you need to be a premium member and spring for 35 bucks for the Time Locked Adventure pack (if you want to make a vah shir/froglok?) I take it there's no transferring my existing 85 from Luclin to Phinegal.

Is that right?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

DigitalMocking posted:

In order to play on Phinegal, you need to be a premium member and spring for 35 bucks for the Time Locked Adventure pack (if you want to make a vah shir/froglok?) I take it there's no transferring my existing 85 from Luclin to Phinegal.

Is that right?

TLPs don't allow non-TLP transfers to them. And even then, the transfer restrictions are numerous and arcane.

The adventure pack isn't needed for anything, it was a cash grab to get money off TLP servers when the new expansion came out. You just need to be paying for all-access to be able to log in to TLP servers.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin

jetz0r posted:

TLPs don't allow non-TLP transfers to them. And even then, the transfer restrictions are numerous and arcane.

The adventure pack isn't needed for anything, it was a cash grab to get money off TLP servers when the new expansion came out. You just need to be paying for all-access to be able to log in to TLP servers.

Ok, thanks for the info. Its been so long since I've played (5+ years) that I just don't remember a damned thing about it.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
This XP bonus was DELICIOUS. 58-60 in a night, then a nice 40% buffer into 60. time to sink thousands of plat and a few hours into finishing fletching.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Sweet, BDA killed Trak last night on Phinny. My bard epic = gotten.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

Sweet, BDA killed Trak last night on Phinny. My bard epic = gotten.

Shadow council scum

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Be jealous

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

BDA represent

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin
Seems like starting a druid on phinny was a bad idea. The idea of playing a cleric I just can't do again, they're so boring.

Any suggestions? Any of you phinny goons mind helping with some twinking love?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

DigitalMocking posted:

Seems like starting a druid on phinny was a bad idea. The idea of playing a cleric I just can't do again, they're so boring.

Hit me up on my toon Awyiss, I have a few things I can throw your way to at least boost your HP a bit.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

DigitalMocking posted:

What do you not like about a druid?

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin

iNteg posted:

Hit me up on my toon Awyiss, I have a few things I can throw your way to at least boost your HP a bit.

Thanks goonfriend.

xZAOx posted:

What do you not like about a druid?

Its not that I don't like the druid, it just seems like they're stuck in the "no real reason for them" space on the TLP server, at least from talking with some folk. Not really great healers, not great nukers and with solo XP being so unrewarding on phinny, it just seems like other classes make more sense.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Well, I'm always of the "Play what you enjoy" mindset.

I can tell you that for BDA, druids aren't very common. We had leather rot in HoT. One druid showed up and got almost all his pieces in one raid. We had people level up some druid and wizard port bots during exp weekend just to help mobilizing.

Paladins are pretty non-existent too. We only have two 60 bards (I'm one). The other bard has pretty good playtime, but not as poopsock as I am lately.

Enchies are super useful when leveling, and very popular. On raids where they can grab a charm pet, it's great. Other raids, they're kinda bored.

We also have a billion rangers, like Integ. I have no idea why - I assume most are just looking forward to when they become headshot gods. Integ is going to PL me through all my AAs when that time hits, he's already promised. He just doesn't remember it.

SKs are supposedly pretty OP these days, not that we have a lot of them. Rogues and Monks are crazy good DPS when they get their epic - getting triple attack is crazy. Our Necros (at least one of them) usually does great DPS.

We have a few Wizards and Mages, but not a lot of either really. They seem to be decent DPS on raids.

Other classes seem normal I guess? Clerics, Shamans, Warriors all seem useful and good.

Really just tell us what you're looking for in a class.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
So I'm the raid leader for Echoes of Elysium, can post a bit more information for you as well from a semi poopsock / end-game raiding perspective as of Velious, plus what I'm looking at in Luclin.

xZAOx posted:

I can tell you that for BDA, druids aren't very common. We had leather rot in HoT. One druid showed up and got almost all his pieces in one raid. We had people level up some druid and wizard port bots during exp weekend just to help mobilizing.

Druids fill a spot healer niche right now with Nature's Touch. I can put them with basically anyone else and be reasonably comfortable (assuming the player is paying attention) that they're going to keep a group alive. I tend to double up druids/shaman when they have tanks if I have enough heals to go around. In Luclin, this won't change much other than they'll get pretty efficient with more mana regen, focuses, and AAs. EoE has 2 consistent druids, with a third who lives in Hawaii and therefore is on a much later time schedule than we are.

quote:

Paladins are pretty non-existent too.

Paladins are acceptable tanks right now, but nothing like the powerhouses they are on live. They currently have the only HP Type Two buff (Divine Glory/Divine Strength) but I just got Prathun to add Strength of Nature in since it's a Velious spell. Paladins don't get much better in Luclin. EoE has 3 paladins, one of which is iffy.

quote:

We only have two 60 bards (I'm one). The other bard has pretty good playtime, but not as poopsock as I am lately.

Any guild should be aiming to have 12 full time bards until Gates of Discord. There is no class in the game, even right now, that doesn't benefit from having a bard. The converse of bards is that until they get Fading Memories and Boastful Bellow, they're pretty much relegated to 'stay-near-others-play-songs' and maybe melee with an instrument in the offhand and epic in mainhand to proc Dance of the Blade. Anyone who makes a bard alt to bring to raids is going to get all the help they need getting said bard raid ready and epic bits done, especially now that Trakanon isn't retarded. In Luclin, they'll get even stronger with AAs and AOE songs. I believe we have 7 or 8 bards on raids, with 3 alts and the rest mains.

quote:

Enchies are super useful when leveling, and very popular. On raids where they can grab a charm pet, it's great. Other raids, they're kinda bored.

Enchanters are the class we have the least of, and are usually looking for more. Charm helps on raids, but we only really use it on the AoW since its unreliable in ToV on the chickens and nowhere else really has anything useful. This is the class that has the most burnout when they get to raids and realize they're basically buff bots until later. Outside of raids, they're literal gods and I've never seen one have a hard time getting a group. In Luclin, more of the same, and they get a huge quality of life upgrade with KEI and MGB. We have two enchanters, with a third who occasionally shows up and I think we just recruited a 4th?

quote:

We also have a billion rangers, like Integ. I have no idea why - I assume most are just looking forward to when they become headshot gods. Integ is going to PL me through all my AAs when that time hits, he's already promised. He just doesn't remember it.

We have two rangers (one is my alt) that consistently show up, with a third who is occasional. Rangers are pretty middle of the group DPS until you get Baton of Flame and Tolan's Longsword, once our occasional ranger got both, he started doing low-end monk and rogue damage. They're very gear dependent right now, which is weird, and in Luclin they'll become bow shooting dudes who do probably comparable damage to rogues and monks for awhile once they get Archery Mastery 3 and Endless Quiver. They provide the only attack buff (soon buffs) so melee heavy guilds want at least one around.

quote:

SKs are supposedly pretty OP these days, not that we have a lot of them.

Because EoE has all of them, we have something like 6 or 7 on raids. Their spells do a lot of damage right now, and they're good regular dps with two handers which would otherwise rot. In Luclin, again, more of the same, I'm not sure when they get AOE no-damage agro attacks.

quote:

Rogues and Monks are crazy good DPS when they get their epic - getting triple attack is crazy.

We field a ton of rogues and monks, I think at least 4 of each, and they're pretty much top dogs on damage after the wizards. Both are somewhat gear dependent, but Ragebringer makes rogues competitive and monks just need +atk gear. In Luclin, both get stronger with better, more available weapons and AAs. Rogue really doesn't gain incredible utility until PoP when they get Shroud of Stealth.

quote:

Our Necros (at least one of them) usually does great DPS.

Unfortunately, at least for us, Necros also have to get used for mana dumping on clerics, due to the nature of Mitigation of the Mighty and the HP buffs they applied. This is getting better as we get more gear, and I don't expect Necros to have to do it much in Luclin (maybe Emp, maybe Aten, maybe Seru). The rest of the time they do good damage. Luclin, more of the same, I think they get a really good, low resistable DoT in Zevfeers? We have 4 necros, all consistent.

quote:

We have a few Wizards and Mages, but not a lot of either really. They seem to be decent DPS on raids.

Wizards are top dps on almost every fight, especially if they don't pull agro and die. This is something that will probably not end ever if the wizard is good. Luclin just makes them stronger, especially once they get Garrison. We have one main wizard, one alt wizard who is 100% attendance, and I believe two people are working up wizards to bring.

Mages, unfortunately, are the weakest class in the game, period, now that they've taken steps to reduce the strength of pet walling. Our mages don't really show up on parses and use a lot of their mana providing rods to Clerics. I assume this will also get better in the future, but for now we use them to COTH past certain stuff, rods, and mage pet stuff to help build agro. I don't think they get pet hold until Planes of Power, but if they get it in Luclin, they'll stop suiciding their pets on trash pulls. We have three mages.

quote:

Other classes seem normal I guess? Clerics, Shamans, Warriors all seem useful and good.

Clerics are always good, and also have a high burnout rate. We field 8+ clerics on almost every raid, and for AoW, its basically required to have 8. Once you get to something like 10-12, they start to become much less useful because there's just not enough damage to go around yet. Luclin will make them more efficient, give them a self mana regen outside of raids, and will reduce the number that should be needed. We run between 6 to 10, depending on who shows up since two of our clerics are drunks.

Shamans are decent to middling spot healers, but I can usually trust them to keep a group up even in AoE damage. Invaluable for debuffs (especially malo and slow) and buffs (especially feral avatar). Luclin will make them even stronger with disease slow, kragg's mending, and better mana efficiency. We used to have only my shaman box, now we have 4 mains and 3 boxes.

Warriors are what we use on every boss, and I don't believe this will stop until Call of the Forsaken or later? Innate mitigation + Defensive = dead bosses and alive tanks. Once you get 6 or so, adding more is actually a problem because you have to dedicate gear to them. Luclin adds more defensive capabilities but nothing special, that doesn't happen until Dragons of Norrath when we get Cyclone Blade. We run 6 warriors at the moment, with our guildleader boxing one as well but he just does it to soak up rot loot.

Outside of raids? Well, this game has always been something of preferring cliques for forming up groups, which is why a lot of people eventually turn to boxing an entire group. Most pick-up groups are going to want warrior, cleric, enchanter, puller , then sorta back fill from there. SKs and Paladins can tank just as well, but people discount them because reasons (usually because their innate mitigation is lower). Druids and shaman can heal just as well, but shaman is more likely to get a group because they can also slow and let the enchanter just focus on charm pets and mezzing. Both have nowhere the efficiency that a cleric does. Any melee dps is fine, but rangers get poo-poohed because they have to be level 60 and have top end gear to do as well as a level 55 rogue with Ragebringer. In the right guild (or any guild really) you can get away from this more as you just ask or wait for a spot in a guild group to open up. In short, if you always want to be in demand and have an easier time joining a group, play monk, enchanter or cleric, with maybe warrior as another option if you can get a guild that will help gear you, since between PoP and SoF, you really need raid gear in order to tank, even in xp farming groups.

Also I have an entire bank filled with random gear that I packrat, I just gave away a silk set with about 150 int on it to a returning guildmate's new enchanter, but other than that anyone is welcome to hit me up on Karael and I'll see what I can grab for you.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Thanks for the info dump man. BDA has only been here 2 months, so it's great to get info on how some long-standing guilds (we call ourselves casual raiding, but we're looking at 3 serious / 2 not-as-serious raid nights a week, so at 5 nights I'm not sure casual applies) is stacking up.

And if all your bard alts get Tunare's sword and it's going to rot, send Brumans a tell ;)

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin

xZAOx posted:

Well, I'm always of the "Play what you enjoy" mindset.

Paladins are pretty non-existent too. We only have two 60 bards (I'm one). The other bard has pretty good playtime, but not as poopsock as I am lately.

SKs are supposedly pretty OP these days, not that we have a lot of them. Rogues and Monks are crazy good DPS when they get their epic - getting triple attack is crazy. Our Necros (at least one of them) usually does great DPS.

Really just tell us what you're looking for in a class.

Two things really;

I'd like to raid, and be useful in the raid.
I'd like to be able to make it to raid level without killing myself, so that's part of being useful and wanted in groups since it seems that solo XP has been kicked in the dick on Phinny.

I mained a monk at launch, pulled more corpses than I can count the day the plane of fear opened, poopsocked almost all the way until PoP launched. After PoP I got into botting, wrote a shitload of macros and plugins, ran my own raids just because. I hadn't returned to EQ since because it seemed like the botters ruled the game and there was no way to group or level or play one character, until I read about Phinegal and their deal with the MQ2 devs to make sure the bots wouldn't work.

I don't get a ton of time to play, couple of hours a night, so playing a class that will get me up to raiding and being able to raid is my goal, I went with druid because I remember them being pretty damned good all around, but that was PoP and just prior mostly.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

DigitalMocking posted:

Two things really;

I'd like to be able to make it to raid level without killing myself, so that's part of being useful and wanted in groups since it seems that solo XP has been kicked in the dick on Phinny.

I mained a monk at launch, pulled more corpses than I can count the day the plane of fear opened, poopsocked almost all the way until PoP launched. After PoP I got into botting, wrote a shitload of macros and plugins, ran my own raids just because. I hadn't returned to EQ since because it seemed like the botters ruled the game and there was no way to group or level or play one character, until I read about Phinegal and their deal with the MQ2 devs to make sure the bots wouldn't work.

I don't get a ton of time to play, couple of hours a night, so playing a class that will get me up to raiding and being able to raid is my goal, I went with druid because I remember them being pretty damned good all around, but that was PoP and just prior mostly.

Druids were dogshit UNTIL POP, group/raid wise anyway, that's when they got actual useful heals. If XP has been super nerfed on phinny for solo players, playing a druid is the last thing you want to do because no one ever wanted a druid healing.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

DigitalMocking posted:

Two things really;

Clerics would be perfect, but you said you find that boring. So, need to know what you do/don't find boring.

The thing is, and I'm sure most people here can attest to it - people that say "I want to play a class that people want in the raid", they pick that class, and they burn-out because they picked the class for the wrong reason.

Exp on Phinny sucks. Clerics and enchies get groups super quick in my experience. Others are more hit and miss, some more than others. As a bard I never had trouble getting groups, but most of mine were with guildies. I was able to find pug the few times I tried pretty quickly though.

But yes - you need to figure out what classes you find fun, then from that list, use Hoohah's info to see which you think is most useful on a raid. Otherwise, the answer is clerics, and sounds like you'd be bored and quit long before 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

xZAOx posted:

And if all your bard alts get Tunare's sword and it's going to rot, send Brumans a tell ;)

We've done Tunare every week since week one of Velious. We've gotten one bard sword, so don't hold your breath.

Koi hasn't dropped one at all either.

MF_James posted:

Druids were dogshit UNTIL POP, group/raid wise anyway, that's when they got actual useful heals. If XP has been super nerfed on phinny for solo players, playing a druid is the last thing you want to do because no one ever wanted a druid healing.

This isn't the case anymore since they added Nature's Touch and Chloroblast at some point Velious/Luclin, both are available now in Velious. The problem is, the only utility they provide in groups until level 60 is snare, and most groups don't care about that. At 60, you get Glades which is mana regen, and people will be more accepting, but obviously that won't help for the grind. That said, since I spun up boxes 4 and 5 I haven't grouped at all, even when getting them to 60, so I don't know how things have changed with Velious.

My recommendation on what to play depends on what you want to do within a raid. Do you want to DPS? Play monk, necro, wizard, or rogue. Do you want to Heal? Play shaman. Do you want to tank? Play SK or Warrior. Do you want to get groups all the time and be extremely useful on raids at the cost of basically doing no direct damage? Play enchanter. All of those should be able to get groups reasonably reliably.