Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slate Action posted:

hahaha holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/751110399332716544

Romney got 27% of the Latino vote

Latinos Love Cool Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

I think my favorite part of the exchange was Trump threatening to start attacking him publicly and predicting that Flake would lose his election. Seemingly not knowing that Flake isn't up for re-election. I wonder if Trump even nows how many years a Senator serves or if he thinks they are all up for re-election at the same time.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Every day of this cycle is a blessing, y'all

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/751080723415638016

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Imagine donating money to the campaign of a guy who won't say if he'll serve, has called all donors out as corrupting influences, and says he's so rich he should probably just fund himself anyways.

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 7, 2016

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

gently caress the ROW posted:

she's scared of talking in front of cameras or audiences that aren't handpicked supporters so we'll just see how it goes

This is confusing my narratives though, is the dishonest media against Trump or against Clinton?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Piquai Souban posted:

Imagine donating money to the campaign of a guy who won't say if he'll serve, has called all donors out as corrupting influences, and says he's so rich he should probably just find himself anyways.

Hell, I probably wouldn't donate, myself.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

This is why I love him.

I wish I could have been in the room to see the looks of shock on their faces when Trump shat all over them.

Probably a lot like the stupid looks on the faces of the media propagandists when he refuses to play their game or back down.

Media stooge:

* Thinks to self, we've got this SOB now *

"Mr. Trump, YOU said that you wanted a COMPLETE BAN on Muslims entering the United States. Many are SHOCKED and OFFENDED by your INSENSITIVTY. Why, even GOPers X, Y, and Z have CONDEMNED your statement. So, MR. TRUMP, would you like to CHANGE or MODIFY your position? HMMM????"

* Thinks to self, dance for me puppet. DANCE!!!*

Donald Trump:

*Adjusts microphone, leans down, and stares cooly at media stooge*

"NO"

*Thinks to himself, gently caress you bitch*

Media Stooge:

*Awkward silence, stupid stunned look on her face*

quote:

The literati sent out their minions to do their bidding. Washington cannot tolerate threats from outsiders who might disrupt their comfortable world. The firefight started when the cowardly sensed weakness. They fired timidly at first, then the sheep not wanting to be dropped from the establishment’s cocktail party invite list unloaded their entire clip, firing without taking aim their distortions and falsehoods. Now they are left exposed by their bylines and handles. But surely they had killed him off. This is the way it always worked. A lesser person could not have survived the first few minutes of the onslaught. But out of the billowing smoke and dust of tweets and trivia emerged Gingrich Trump, once again ready to lead those who won’t be intimated by the political elite and are ready to take on the challenges America faces.

Hey crazy person, turns out the Republican federal legislature works with the Republican Presidential candidate. You know, traditionally.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

SirPablo posted:

I hope someone writes a book using this thread as source material after the election.

"The Memes of the 2016 Presidential ElectionL A Retrospective"

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

she's scared of talking in front of cameras or audiences that aren't handpicked supporters so we'll just see how it goes

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Karl Sharks posted:

uhhh well Issa did just say we should shutdown the government until hillary is charged, soooo

Holy poo poo you weren't joking: http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/07/06/3795983/darrell-issa-shutdown-government-because-hillary-clinton/

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Any of the betting markets have action you can take on Trump just quitting at some point? I mean, it has to be north of 10% for him to do that before the convention even.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Thump! posted:

This is confusing my narratives though, is the dishonest media against Trump or against Clinton?

according to the leaked DNC stuff, the media no longer "carries water" for the clintons and is right wing now... its all very confusing

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
His flirting with not serving is probably the biggest possible boost to his VP process. Can't Stewt The Newt!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Slate Action posted:

hahaha holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/751110399332716544

Romney got 27% of the Latino vote

hmmmmm yep looks like about an even split to me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/751112764731654144

I can actually fathom it though.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

ya boy had trouble closing the deal on Ted Cruz. A man who literally inspires a spontaneous revulsion in people who see him and hear him speak and thought creating the bathroom dick inspection task force was a winning strategy.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

hmmmmm yep looks like about an even split to me.

greetings, fellow rasmussen pollster

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Does anyone have a link to that site that shows all of the states on a nice chart ranked from strong Dem to strong Rep with total electoral votes based on current polling and you can see where they meet in the middle how much one side needs to win to get 270? It was posted a few days ago but had out of date polling if I remember correctly.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

zoux posted:

Latinos Love Cool Trump

what came first, trump or cool trump?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

How many times is he going to be asked about fedoras?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Celador posted:

Does anyone have a link to that site that shows all of the states on a nice chart ranked from strong Dem to strong Rep with total electoral votes based on current polling and you can see where they meet in the middle how much one side needs to win to get 270? It was posted a few days ago but had out of date polling if I remember correctly.

270towin.com?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

William Bear posted:

Pokemon Go came out. I guess Herman Cain won't be attending the RNC.

Why? There will be tons of Donphans at the event center.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

How many times is he going to be asked about fedoras?

why would that even be up for discussion? unless it's which cargo shorts go best with which fedora?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
I cant wait until Trump allows an attempted delegate coup to happen at the RNC for the ratings boost and everyone ITT freaks out like it wasn't to be expected

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Oiled and Ready posted:

I cant wait until Trump allows an attempted delegate coup to happen at the RNC for the ratings boost and everyone ITT freaks out like it wasn't to be expected

the gently caress are you talking about, we've been talking about that for months

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

So, hypothetically speaking, say Trump somehow manages to win the election, and then just decides not to serve or ever take the oath of office? Does the Presidency just go to his VP pick?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

the gently caress are you talking about, we've been talking about that for months

Look at you, melting down while I sit here ice cold calm as everything I predicted comes to pass.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Oiled and Ready posted:

an attempted coup, which ultimately fails, is my dream scenario because it causes maximum damage to the GOPe

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/751115433273688064

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Thump! posted:

So, hypothetically speaking, say Trump somehow manages to win the election, and then just decides not to serve or ever take the oath of office? Does the Presidency just go to his VP pick?

Presidency is defaulted to Bernie Sanders.

agent_wildflower
Sep 7, 2011
Back in my day we had 150 Pokemon! Elect me, friends, and we'll Make Kanto Great Again! Our gym leaders are gonna win again!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Why, it's enough to drive a man to drink

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
a candidate drove me to drink, and i didnt even have the courtesy to thank him

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Thump! posted:

The 25th amendment's first clause just covers resignation, removal, and death, however under the fourth clause the VP and a majority of the cabinet can write a letter to Congress saying, "yo, the President isn't able to do his job" at which point the VP becomes Acting President.

This would have to happen after Congress certifies the results of the election.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

:qq: SHUT IT ALL DOWN SHUT IT DOWN UNTIL BABY GETS HIS BINKY. WHY WON'T MOMMY BRING BABY HIS BINKY? :qq:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/cam_joseph/status/751115653931761664

It's good that sitting Republican Senators and the presumptive Republican nominee are going to start trading venomous barbs in the press.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Piquai Souban posted:

Imagine donating money to the campaign of a guy who won't say if he'll serve, has called all donors out as corrupting influences, and says he's so rich he should probably just fund himself anyways.

Also he's said he could be the first presidential candidate to make money on the deal.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Numbers like that with latinos and women are impossible to surmount, right? In the real world?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

The 25th amendment's first clause just covers resignation, removal, and death, however under the fourth clause the VP and a majority of the cabinet can write a letter to Congress saying, "yo, the President isn't able to do his job" at which point the VP becomes Acting President.

This would have to happen after Congress certifies the results of the election.

So what you're saying is...

maximum chaos? :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/cam_joseph/status/751115653931761664

It's good that sitting Republican Senators and the presumptive Republican nominee are going to start trading venomous barbs in the press.

Well it's about loving time that these guys , you know, stand up to a racist bigot who is taking over their party

• Locked thread