Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Anyone else run into this problem?

The game forces me to play in relay mode (3 dots) and every single match is now 100% unplayable for me. I've tried DMZ and I've tried my windows firewall, I'm out of ideas for what could be blocking things right now.

Maybe if you're a ragequitter, then they force you to do the 3-dot thing so that the match info won't fail to upload because it'll be saved on their dedicated server?

Madcosby posted:

Add me to that list

bought it because everyone in the thread said xrd a page or so

While you're believing everything you read on the internet, did you know that throwing thousands of dollars at me for no reason at all is totally cool and a good thing to do?

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
So juri wins the contest on this costume for costume not worth unlocking colors for

They are all so individually hideous that you should get FM if you accidentally unlock one.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I also haven't played her but I'm not too sure I'm ok with the fireballs not being a thing like there were.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh look, a not poo poo game.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

My biggest complaint with this game now is the that it's absolutely fuckin terrible rollback.

ftfy

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 7, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I'm guessing this is along the lines there were going for?
Which would have been fine had the zipper actually been over the boob.

I mean theres cleavage, then just pasties.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
TBH she looks way better with whatever skin-tight thingy she's supposed to be wearing underneath

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SectumSempra posted:

I also haven't played her but I'm not too sure I'm ok with the fireballs not being a thing like there were.

zoning gives people the feelbads, along with oki and big pokes

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it would have made more sense for the other characters to wear actual clothes and juri to have instead worn that stupid outfit without the skin tight shirt beneath. mika sorta gets a pass bc stupid gimmick japanese wrestlers wear dumbfuck poo poo like what she does.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pomp posted:

Giving feelbads = reason to play FGs
Less ways to give feelbads = poo poo game

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
loving League and it's design philosophy that "fun should outweigh anti-fun".
Anti-fun is the reason we play fighters, we wanna make people suffer dammit.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

The Gorp posted:

this is why dota is so successful

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
There's really no way around it when its 1v1. Someone is gonna lose and maybe cry.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
you can remove frustration w/o being a dummy about it. just dont go haywire.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

One thing that really bugged me about the story is that nobody used anybody's name ever, hey dhalsim, maybe try introducing yourself and being friendly instead of mugging this dude while insisting that youre not mugging him. I didnt expect anything better but that still bugs me. Fighting game stories are all garbage, news at 11.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Pomp posted:

and reactions

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Anyone else run into this problem?

The game forces me to play in relay mode (3 dots) and every single match is now 100% unplayable for me. I've tried DMZ and I've tried my windows firewall, I'm out of ideas for what could be blocking things right now.

Fixed this by going into my router via telnet and disabling NAT. Then I rebooted the router and re-enabled NAT and now I seem to be sorted. Tested with 5 matches with 5 different people and they were all peer-to-peer and fine, mostly. One guy from greece had some rollback but UK to Greece is going to be bad anyway.

I think Windows 10 might have changed a setting on my router, but it's still odd that factory resetting it didn't solve things.

If anyone stumbles on this via a google search one day the Telneet command was

code:
wan set service <name> --protocol pppoe --username <pppoe connection username> --password <pppoe connection password> --nat disable
Matches are back to 30 second wait times as well which I think means that it's definitely fixed.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

And don't forget difficult combos.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

anime was right posted:

it would have made more sense for the other characters to wear actual clothes and juri to have instead worn that stupid outfit without the skin tight shirt beneath. mika sorta gets a pass bc stupid gimmick japanese wrestlers wear dumbfuck poo poo like what she does.

This is accurate as hell. Skullgirls made the same mistake. It's fine to cater to an audience with sexy tits girls but make them into specialty characters not apply it to the whole cast. It cheapens the IP and is pretty dumb.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Buckwheat Sings posted:

This is accurate as hell. Skullgirls made the same mistake. It's fine to cater to an audience with sexy tits girls but make them into specialty characters not apply it to the whole cast. It cheapens the IP and is pretty dumb.

I like Skullgirls but yeah Squiggly was a breeze of fresh air when she was added.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Yeah one great thing about Overwatch is there is, like, One, sexy girl (widow) and then the rest of the women are normal people with normal proportions and clothes and don't really look that hot. I guess you could argue Tracer has like skin tight leggings but the devs literally made an explicit point of making her in particular avoid any sort of focus on being sexualized and instead focus on personality.

I mean put Widow next to Zarya/Mei/Mercy, then put Juri next to Laura/Cammy/R.Mika

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah the game full of nothing but babes in skin tight clothing is absolutely worse than the game with babes in skin tight clothing and one ugly one

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

The Gorp posted:

Capcom's nailed this niche down.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Mei is extremely attractive though

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mei is bad and I hate her

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Baal posted:

you're a letter off there

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

In Training posted:

Yeah the game full of nothing but babes in skin tight clothing is absolutely worse than the game with babes in skin tight clothing and one ugly one

rofl

Babe in skintight clothing

I mean i'm not saying Overwatch is a pinnacle of feminism but it's a lot more defendable when not only are at least half the female cast not simply Tits And rear end From [insertcountryhere] Original Character Do Not Steal, the other remaining half are also something I don't get embarrased if people see me play a game with them in. I mean Mercy has boob-plate armor, sure, but she doesn't feel like she's literally designed to be wank material, unlike all female characters in a certain fighting game I know.

Bisse fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 7, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Id be embarrassed to be seen playing Overwatch because it sucks

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
overwatch is a huge step in the right direction and isn't super objectionable; the second wave of designs were way better than the first.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Baal posted:

I mean like D.Va more but how dare you hate on Mei

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Bisse posted:

Yeah one great thing about Overwatch is there is, like, One, sexy girl (widow) and then the rest of the women are normal people with normal proportions and clothes and don't really look that hot. I guess you could argue Tracer has like skin tight leggings but the devs literally made an explicit point of making her in particular avoid any sort of focus on being sexualized and instead focus on personality.

I mean put Widow next to Zarya/Mei/Mercy, then put Juri next to Laura/Cammy/R.Mika

Symmetra has a literal shelf for a butt and a skirt split up the sides to her hips, and then like spandex leggings that end at her thighs. Her, Tracer, Mei and Widowmaker are all jerkbait and Zarya fits the muscle fetish too. Blizzard knows what they're doing.

Overwatch isn't fun or good tho, so don't play it imo.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

In Training posted:

Id be embarrassed to be seen playing Overwatch because it sucks

nah

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I mean like D.Va more but how dare you hate on Mei

I love Mei because she executes people in cold blood with a smile on her face.

Meanwhile Laura looks like a stripper who moonlights as lovely UFC fighter who's clothing will fall off at the slightest hint of a grapple.

R.Mika does it right though.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Faffel posted:

Barkley 2 isn't fun or good tho, so don't play it imo.
Corrected that for you

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

edit: F double post

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Bisse posted:

i'm sorry that you hate fun

I just said it's not fun. I like fun. gently caress you, you goddamn bastard.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Faffel posted:

I just said it's not fun. I like fun. gently caress you, you goddamn bastard.

nah its fun and you're wrong sorry bro

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

boxcarhobo posted:

nah its fun and you're wrong sorry bro

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

:whitewater:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

drat, I had so many arguments piled on stock, but I did not plan for that, completely blindsided, I am convinced now, overwatch is a verified badgame, thank you for showing me the light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Bisse posted:

drat, I had so many arguments piled on stock, but I did not plan for that, completely blindsided, I am convinced now, overwatch is a verified badgame, thank you for showing me the light.

thanks, np

street fighter's women are also terrible and embarrassing. but thanks to SFV we now have equality, where the men are terrible and embarrassing in similar but different ways. like their faces, or gameplay.