Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

How do you say Catmonkey and ArtichokePeacock in Gutter Portuguese?

Or are those just some of the new pokemon these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Your boat looks like a toilet.

Catching up but make this the thread title please.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Im at work but the furry should execute the cabbage on its knees with a gun, just rescale and rotate the arm

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Billmac posted:

pretty accurate but its missing the piranha-like swarm of bacteria that will reduce him to bones in minutes

Essentially all water based contests will be like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmM2yTuWMM0

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
So, is the upswing in evangelical Christianity actually causing a rise in LGBT violence, or is this just the Brazilian norm of "we're pretty ok with the queers and trannies on the TV but they're freaks of nature and it's not like the cops are gonna stop you if you want to murder a few," coming through? Like, there's a lot of that sentiment in America, but dragging a gay man behind your truck because you don't like that he likes dicks, or murdering a tranny because you hit it off with a chick at a bar and then found out she used to be a dude (used to be a valid and successful legal defense) tends to get you in serious legal trouble now, so most people just grumble about "them disgusting fags," to one another and leave it at that these days. I live in the Midwest, and I can say most folks around here might have softened a little on homosexuality, but if you're over 40 there's a good chance you think Caitlyn Jenner needs to be set on fire for being an affront to God. On the positive side, the youngin's are a sight more tolerant.

I'm not entirely sure where I stand on transexuals, myself. A lot of them obviously have a ton of loving emotional and mental problems that they don't bother to get addressed before making catastrophic changes to their bodies and identities, which seems like a very poor practice that shouldn't be encouraged. If you've already gone and gotten your dangly bits and hormones and lifestyle rearranged or are doing so, I'm gonna treat you like the loving gender you want to be treated as, but I'm still a little weirded out by the whole thing. Maybe I'm too old for this poo poo.

Anyway, just wondering if any Brazilgoons had any thoughts on that one. If not, that's cool.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Pvt.Scott posted:

Caitlyn Jenner needs to be set on fire for being an affront to God.

This is true but has nothing to do with religion or lbgt

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

dr.acula posted:

This is true but has nothing to do with religion or lbgt

Well, I'm pretty solid on the idea that both Mr. Jenner and now Ms. (Mrs? Dunno marital status. Fuckin patriarchy) Jenner was/is a colossal tool.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Pvt.Scott posted:

Anyway, just wondering if any Brazilgoons had any thoughts on that one. If not, that's cool.

My take on it is that while society as a whole is moving towards tolerance, there's still a lot of ignorant and violent people who get further incensed by pro-LGBT laws being proposed and approved. Even though a lot of people are killed in Brazil, the numbers show that these hate crimes are clearly above the already high average of murders per capita.

It doesn't help that fundamentalist christians are getting more and more power in government and spread hateful rhetoric around.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Pvt.Scott posted:

just thought I'd dump a giant can of worms in your festering zika favela poo fire, hope it's cool

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

One of the top 10 anime fights.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

CrashCat posted:

just thought I'd dump a giant can of worms in your festering zika favela poo fire, hope it's cool

Might as well. It'll be at least five hours before the next scandal turns up.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Pvt.Scott posted:

Might as well. It'll be at least five hours before the next scandal turns up.

it won't matter how many hours it is if you get the thread gassed with your lovely bait

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Could not see this one coming,

Brazil’s Olympic costs running 51% over budget, report warns

Brazil’s Olympic Games are running 51 per cent over budget with an expected cost blowout of $1.6bn, even as the country is sinking under its second year of recession, a study from Oxford university has found.

The study warned that even with its expected massive overspend, the total cost of Brazil’s games at $4.6bn was still modest compared with the outlay of some previous hosts, such as London and Barcelona, making the Olympics one of the riskiest investments a city could make.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ef122cb6-43d6-11e6-864d-01c0167ff470.html

Wait, yeah I could, but now it is official. Someone pencil in, OVER BUDGET, on the bingo card.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

CrashCat posted:

it won't matter how many hours it is if you get the thread gassed with your lovely bait

Ok. I was genuinely curious about the zeitgeist of a country I am thoroughly unfamiliar with compared to the chunk of country that I live in. The subject came up but I'm not that desperate for enlightenment.

It is a pretty terrible line of questioning, I suppose.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Lime Tonics posted:

Brazil’s Olympic Games are running 51 per cent over budget with an expected cost blowout of $1.6bn, even as the country is sinking under its second year of recession, a study from Oxford university has found.

The study warned that even with its expected massive overspend, the total cost of Brazil’s games at $4.6bn was still modest compared with the outlay of some previous hosts, such as London and Barcelona, making the Olympics one of the riskiest investments a city could make.

Wait, yeah I could, but now it is official. Someone pencil in, OVER BUDGET, on the bingo card.

if that is the reported number it's obviously much higher than that haha

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

nerdz posted:

if that is the reported number it's obviously much higher than that haha

That's what this set of financial books says!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Isn't 51 the same % as that one water filter (supposedly) is cleaning?

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

unpacked robinhood posted:

Im at work but the furry should execute the cabbage on its knees with a gun, just rescale and rotate the arm

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Pvt.Scott posted:

I'm not entirely sure where I stand on transexuals, myself. A lot of them obviously have a ton of loving emotional and mental problems that they don't bother to get addressed before making catastrophic changes to their bodies and identities, which seems like a very poor practice that shouldn't be encouraged. If you've already gone and gotten your dangly bits and hormones and lifestyle rearranged or are doing so, I'm gonna treat you like the loving gender you want to be treated as, but I'm still a little weirded out by the whole thing. Maybe I'm too old for this poo poo.

Quoted for posterity because jfc

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Looks like the plant thing is getting robbed, maybe add something in the furry's hand?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Unity Gain posted:

:sigh: fish on!

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

That Guy Bob posted:

Looks like the plant thing is getting robbed, maybe add something in the furry's hand?

it's simple LGBT murder

I left some space open for further horrors and intend to update after this thing is done.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Unity Gain posted:

Ok. My personal experience with the three pre/post op transexual persons I've been acquainted with has involved them having major mental health issues like clinical depression, bipolar disorder or schizotypal poo poo, none of which they tried to get addressed because they treat gender reassignment as a magic bullet. As a mentally ill person myself, I find this an extremely unwise and unrealistic course of action. My post op acquaintance is more of a mess now than when she started. I have heard similar stories from other people. I will admit that I have very limited exposure and experience with the issue, so if you could please point me in the right direction of some helpful literature to help dispel my misconceptions, please do. I'd rather look like jackass and learn something from it than not.

E: for the thread's sake, PMs if you will

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
So speaking of derails, any news on Brazil's subway system or trains?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Sentient Data posted:

So speaking of derails, any news on Brazil's subway system or trains?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5JiPj9c98Y

something like this

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

Teikanmi posted:

And the games ain't even started yet

this card has already won, failed drug tests and infrastructure collapse should be marked off.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

That's great, you even made a tiny zika head and a poo poo boat :3:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pvt.Scott posted:

So, is the upswing in evangelical Christianity actually causing a rise in LGBT violence, or is this just the Brazilian norm of "we're pretty ok with the queers and trannies on the TV but they're freaks of nature and it's not like the cops are gonna stop you if you want to murder a few," coming through? Like, there's a lot of that sentiment in America, but dragging a gay man behind your truck because you don't like that he likes dicks, or murdering a tranny because you hit it off with a chick at a bar and then found out she used to be a dude (used to be a valid and successful legal defense) tends to get you in serious legal trouble now, so most people just grumble about "them disgusting fags," to one another and leave it at that these days. I live in the Midwest, and I can say most folks around here might have softened a little on homosexuality, but if you're over 40 there's a good chance you think Caitlyn Jenner needs to be set on fire for being an affront to God. On the positive side, the youngin's are a sight more tolerant.

about half of all brazilian prostitutes are trans so i was surprised at the news

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Cidade de Deus 2 looking good

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

unpacked robinhood posted:

That's great, you even made a tiny zika head and a poo poo boat :3:

And also the body part that washed up on shore and the bleachers with randomly placed seats! It's beautiful :)

plushpuffin
Jan 10, 2003

Fratercula arctica

Nap Ghost

Pvt Dancer posted:

it's simple LGBT murder

I left some space open for further horrors and intend to update after this thing is done.

That would make a good starter image for Photoshop tennis.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Lime Tonics posted:

lol cause almost none of that money was actually spent on the games.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Rio 2016: Golfers 'unaware of Olympic potential', says one of the sport's biggest sponsors

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/36732464

The potential to get Zika, maybe??

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt Dancer posted:

it's simple LGBT murder

You could go meta with it and have a faded out zika chan in the sky with a swarm of mosquitoes ,and a bunch of cops carrying the hell banner on the beach, with the words" i'll watch the neighborhood, you watch the skies".

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Viruswithshoes posted:

Rio 2016: Golfers 'unaware of Olympic potential', says one of the sport's biggest sponsors

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/36732464

The potential to get Zika, maybe??

Why the gently caress would professional golfers even bother when they make money hand over fist anyway. I watched one guy win a brand new BMW for getting a hole in one in one tournament. Jordan Spieth is in his early twenties and has a net worth of 77 million dollars.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is it common to have urban professional bicycle races on cobblestone streets, even partially?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

:bravo:

Lime Tonics posted:

You could go meta with it and have a faded out zika chan in the sky with a swarm of mosquitoes ,and a bunch of cops carrying the hell banner on the beach, with the words" i'll watch the neighborhood, you watch the skies".

And an ISIS suicide bomber walking away saying "I'm not touching this poo poo"

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 7, 2016

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Zikachu uses "Drug Murder" on Gaybosaur.

It's super effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Madcosby posted:

Is it common to have urban professional bicycle races on cobblestone streets, even partially?

Not in a first world country that hasn't embraced cobblestones as that "quirky little link to history", no

• Locked thread