Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This is really good "Mommy never hugged me" cosplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I think this is more "mommy hugged me too much"

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

davidspackage posted:

I think this is more "mommy hugged me too much"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Picnic Princess posted:

Perhaps it might do everyone good if you weirdos stopped nitpicking and psychoanalyzing in this thread.

Just let people have some goddamn fun.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
And lo, it has come to pass upon this day, that the Cosplay thread derailed do to a comically oversized, circus package.

We are through the looking glass here folks and because of that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The middle one is pretty great when you consider it's someone cosplaying Johnny Depp cosplaying Elijah Wood.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Cosplay, photoshop and nudity? How could it go wrong? It didn't
:nws:
http://imgur.com/a/eCQTZ

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Decent Big Boss cosplay. I don't know who the guy with the head bandage is suppose to be, but I recognize big boss anywhere.

solid young larry david cosplay. I haven't seen many young larry david images, or even know what a young larry david looks like, but I imagine he looked something like this.

Haven't seen a more excellent cosplay of the American Flag in all my life.

I'm blown away by this gender swapped Micheal Jackson cosplay. JUST. BLOWN. AWAY.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I'm Irrationally angry that the field's on the wrong side.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

rydiafan posted:

its on the correct side in a mirror, but I agree 9/10

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

rydiafan posted:

Where do you think it's supposed to be?

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Some of the Sheep posted:

The stars should always be displayed in the upper left hand corner, even when displayed vertically.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Some of the Sheep posted:

Before he answers, and boy can I not wait for that sperg edition.

So we are all clear, the flag is always supposed to be in a position as if it carried upon a staff.

For example, if you wear a flag patch on your right shoulder the field should be towards your front and on the upper side, vice versa the other side.

http://www.usflag.org/flagpatch.html

It symbolizes bearing the flag forward.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

rockcity posted:

The stars should always be displayed in the upper left hand corner, even when displayed vertically.

Unless it's put out from a building or the field would be facing south.

The people whom care about this are loving maniacal.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

rockcity posted:

Got it, thanks.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

VendaGoat posted:

Unless it's put out from a building or the field would be facing south.

The people whom care about this are loving maniacal.

Yeah, americans. :911:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Somewhere Howie Mandel is shiting himself, right into his shoes.

gently caress that's close.

This is the closest I can get to a ten minute google search.

Here thread, you want me to be objective, which I pride myself on....

poo poo's on the wrong side, but that could be a simple horizontal photo flip
I take this one back... so that withstanding.

It's not spikes on the shoulders. It looks like stars.
The red glasses are out of position and, Guessing her, gold glasses are missing. I see them now, nevermind.
Her "fruit bowl", ask a vet, is completely hosed.
Just missing a complete bunch of poo poo on the, Movie accurate, gold side.

The hair is the wrong god damned color.
She is buttoned up way to god damned far.

This all being said,

HOLY gently caress! She nailed it! loving nailed a movie from my youth that I watched with delight.
God drat that is hosed awesome and incredibly recognizable.

It's just tiny detail, that without google, would be indistinguishable. They should be proud and if they were to come upon these dead gay boards and tell me to "Go gently caress Yourself' I would. I would attempt to "Go gently caress Myself" as futile as it would be. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

That's god damned great.

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 06:03 on Jul 7, 2016

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

EoRaptor posted:

Cosplay, photoshop and nudity? How could it go wrong? It didn't
:nws:
http://imgur.com/a/eCQTZ

Maj Kusanagi's cybernetics were programmed in JAVASCRIPT? God, what a loving nightmare that project must have been to work on...

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Hyperlynx posted:

Maj Kusanagi's cybernetics were programmed in JAVASCRIPT? God, what a loving nightmare that project must have been to work on...

npm install boobs

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Is that Mankini?

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!
All right, serious question here. Is there another thread that I should go to where people post cosplay pictures of either themselves or others? Am I actually in the "Write essays critiquing cosplay" thread or the "Snatch Duster is a giant unfunny shithead" thread and I just don't realize it? Like, I'll happily go elsewhere if we're just resigned to this thread being a cesspool, or maybe we can add like a "you have to post a goddamn cosplay picture" rule like the Funny Pictures thread had?

In accordance with my own rule, I got a picture at AX of this great female Junkrat!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

jmistajay posted:

All right, serious question here. Is there another thread that I should go to where people post cosplay pictures of either themselves or others? Am I actually in the "Write essays critiquing cosplay" thread or the "Snatch Duster is a giant unfunny shithead" thread and I just don't realize it? Like, I'll happily go elsewhere if we're just resigned to this thread being a cesspool, or maybe we can add like a "you have to post a goddamn cosplay picture" rule like the Funny Pictures thread had?

In accordance with my own rule, I got a picture at AX of this great female Junkrat!

The creative forum as a thread on costume making and such, iirc.

I encourage you to post your cosplay here though so I can see it. My tip is to simply not read the thread and scroll for pics, stock up posts before catching up.

That junkrat is really awesome.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Junkrat apparently does have two grenades turned the wrong way about and that will bother me forever now.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Saint Freak posted:

Junkrat apparently does have two grenades turned the wrong way about and that will bother me forever now.

To help differentiate grenade types by touch maybe.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

LingcodKilla posted:

As if he had any type but "explosive"

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Deviant posted:

As if he had any type but "explosive"

Well, that and the grenades on his chest are only used when he dies.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

jmistajay posted:

Just put him on ignore, mate.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

jmistajay posted:

Always impressive when someone cuts off one of their limbs for the sake of accurate cosplay.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Do a lot of these 'my cosplay is a skintight bodysuit' have much work involved to make them or are they the sort off thing that you can order online?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

starkebn posted:

Do a lot of these 'my cosplay is a skintight bodysuit' have much work involved to make them or are they the sort off thing that you can order online?

If the body suit is silk screened, it's probably safe to assume they paid for it as that's generally above the hobby level. Any accessories could very well have been self made though.

duz has a new favorite as of 03:21 on Jul 8, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She had it made for her and someone lent her the halo.

One of my Facebook friends is always liking cosplayer posts, so i get all the updates. Strangely only the ones who wear skimpy clothing. Curious.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
You can find files for prints of different character body suits and have them custom printed and sewn up. They are a pain in the butt to sew together.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Aphrodite posted:

One of my Facebook friends is always liking cosplayer posts, so i get all the updates. Strangely only the ones who wear skimpy clothing. Curious.

Same, but she is also one of the ones wearing skimpy costumes so that's my excuse.

Edit:
This isn't one of them, I just found it amusing

duz has a new favorite as of 03:21 on Jul 8, 2016

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I like "cosplay" and not so much "coswork"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

duz posted:

Same, but she is also one of the ones wearing skimpy costumes so that's my excuse.

Edit:
This isn't one of them, I just found it amusing

Should have got a cut-away gun too.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evl4iThEJ1E

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Hyperlynx posted:

But it does make sense when you look at how they hack each other so easily in GitS - "upload the virus and penetrate their barrier". Javascript would make for a pretty wobbly and permeable barrier ;)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ratzap posted:

But it does make sense when you look at how they hack each other so easily in GitS - "upload the virus and penetrate their barrier". Javascript would make for a pretty wobbly and permeable barrier ;)

To be fair, Major Kusanagi's one of the top hackers in the world (along with several other Section 9 members) so she's not exactly script-kiddy-ing her way into secure networks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

LingcodKilla posted:

Nah, I'm sure it's done just annoy people who notice.

It's very Australian. :australia:

• Locked thread