Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Hoohah posted:

We've done Tunare every week since week one of Velious. We've gotten one bard sword, so don't hold your breath.

Heh, guess Magelo's 30% drop rate is a little off (or just RNG being RNG).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Hoohah posted:

This isn't the case anymore since they added Nature's Touch and Chloroblast at some point Velious/Luclin, both are available now in Velious.

Also, if your last time playing was around PoP, it's worth noting that Chloroblast is no longer a 400 hp "why the gently caress am I trying" heal.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

pyromance posted:

Also, if your last time playing was around PoP, it's worth noting that Chloroblast is no longer a 400 hp "why the gently caress am I trying" heal.

Yeah I had to actually look this up and I found the update in Lucy:

2005-05-09 19:12 Changed Slot 1 from "Increase Hitpoints by 428" to "Increase Hitpoints by 994 (L55) to 1044 (L60)"

They eventually nerfed the low end to like 450 but its a good spell now.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
You just outright got Prathun to give us paladins a ranger spell? Wow, if only they'd listen to Live like that!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

pyromance posted:

Ahhhh I stopped uhh I dunno what expansion, but my main was a druid, and I played from release of kunark --> the buried sea or somethign like that, and yeah if they had made chloroblast useful and added another larger heal life would have been nice. Although, quad-kiting was actual somewhat effective, and oh man turn into a tree for extra mana regen!

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

xZAOx posted:

Clerics would be perfect, but you said you find that boring. So, need to know what you do/don't find boring.

The thing is, and I'm sure most people here can attest to it - people that say "I want to play a class that people want in the raid", they pick that class, and they burn-out because they picked the class for the wrong reason.

Exp on Phinny sucks. Clerics and enchies get groups super quick in my experience. Others are more hit and miss, some more than others. As a bard I never had trouble getting groups, but most of mine were with guildies. I was able to find pug the few times I tried pretty quickly though.

But yes - you need to figure out what classes you find fun, then from that list, use Hoohah's info to see which you think is most useful on a raid. Otherwise, the answer is clerics, and sounds like you'd be bored and quit long before 60.

What I loved was pulling on my monk. Exploiting the game engine to split camps you weren't supposed to split, controlling the pace of the raid.

I don't think I have the time or energy to do that again, I can't do that lguk camp again. I just can't.

I'm thinking an enchanter would be fun, in demand in groups and raids.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

Node posted:

You just outright got Prathun to give us paladins a ranger spell? Wow, if only they'd listen to Live like that!

Ya, prathun pretty much asked when it was added and just took somebody's word it was put in before Luclin. Very trusting guy lol.

Also if you have too many rangers in your guild you can send some my way. We raided the last month with zero and finally got one app this week.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Is there a place that has a definitive list as to what spells are active by expansion on Phinegel? It's hard to parse from Alla's and p99's seems wrong.

No joke, as a paladin, I need to go hunt down a ranger spell?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
This is useful up to Velious.

http://destef.dyndns.org/spells/

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin
What do Krono sell for on phinny right now in plat? Thinking I might as well buy 2 or 3, convert them to plat and buy some twink poo poo to make leveling less painful.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

DigitalMocking posted:

What do Krono sell for on phinny right now in plat? Thinking I might as well buy 2 or 3, convert them to plat and buy some twink poo poo to make leveling less painful.

4.5 to 5k atm. The market crashed fairly hard recently

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin

iNteg posted:

4.5 to 5k atm. The market crashed fairly hard recently

Oy, that's crazy.

Ah well, if I see any of you folks on, expect me to be begging. :grin:

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Dralun posted:

Is there a place that has a definitive list as to what spells are active by expansion on Phinegel? It's hard to parse from Alla's and p99's seems wrong.

No joke, as a paladin, I need to go hunt down a ranger spell?

Haha no, what I meant is I got Prathun to add the spell scroll as a Velious spell rather than a Luclin one, and that Divine Strength will no longer be the only HP Type Two buff.

The forums did some sleuthing and made drat sure it's in-era for Velious though :colbert:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Beach Party posted:

Ya, prathun pretty much asked when it was added and just took somebody's word it was put in before Luclin. Very trusting guy lol.

What. The. gently caress. Even before Ragefire Prathun didn't do poo poo like that.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

DigitalMocking posted:

Oy, that's crazy.

Ah well, if I see any of you folks on, expect me to be begging. :grin:

5k is still enough to get a fungi tunic and a haste item.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right

Node posted:

What. The. gently caress. Even before Ragefire Prathun didn't do poo poo like that.

They stopped being competent and giving a poo poo a long time ago. I'm perma forumbanned for calling out EOE on exploiting rooted raid mobs, something Daybork still hasn't fixed.

They may not agree but I personally think people cheating spoils the game and it's just as bad as you complete shitlords who use MQ2 or ShowEQ.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
Has the game for non-progression servers just completely fallen apart? I'm reading the update forum and it's like five billion game breaking bugs getting reported.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Love Crime posted:

Has the game for non-progression servers just completely fallen apart? I'm reading the update forum and it's like five billion game breaking bugs getting reported.

Yeah it's been like that for a while, the last 3 expansions were pretty dogshit.

It was a skeleton crew when they got bought by daybreak then they started the TLP ramp up, which probably makes them a lot more money.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Haukadalur Geezer posted:

They stopped being competent and giving a poo poo a long time ago. I'm perma forumbanned for calling out EOE on exploiting rooted raid mobs, something Daybork still hasn't fixed.

They may not agree but I personally think people cheating spoils the game and it's just as bad as you complete shitlords who use MQ2 or ShowEQ.

They don't give a poo poo because AoS, OGC, Entendre, and a bunch of other guilds are also exploiting mechanics like crazy, including that particular bug. Since fixing it is 'hard' and they're not going to ban the entire server, so are happy to just ignore it. You might want to get over it because this is never going to end, and people are going to find and use the poo poo out of them. Just look at OGC's parent guild, Citizen, cascading Upper House in order to beat us to Sanctum Somnium. Dima even straight up admitted to Damdor they waited for us to use our Upper House lockouts to do it, so that we couldn't do the same, and had utterly no fear they'd get in any kind of trouble for it.

We did that trick exactly once, on our second clear, with the hope that it would speed up the two fights that have been turned unnecessarily long with no chance of dying. We haven't done it since because there's no need, especially now that we have Tunare and Vulak weapons. At most, it saved us 5 minutes of tedious fighting on Nev, and at 60% on Vulak the mage ran in (promptly summoned and died too) and we did it normally. We reported it to the GMs/Devs, and comically they even told us they fixed it when they haven't because other guilds are still using it.

These fights are absolutely a joke because you can fully slow everything except Vyemm and Kreizenn, and of them, only Vyemm is dangerous at all. Mitigation of the Mighty did nothing but make raid bosses a slog and is probably one of their worst decisions ever for making things 'difficult' because they utterly failed. Fortunately, their first pass on Luclin doesn't seem like they added a lot of health to stuff, just added a bit to damage mitigation to melee.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

Love Crime posted:

If you add the population of all the progression servers together I'm sure it would be about 50% or more of the total population of the game. Each of those players either pays $10 a month per account or somebody payed $17 for a krono that they used for play time. You better believe their focus is on that group of players. DBG is solely in this to turn a profit and TLP servers are doing that for them.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin

Republicans posted:

5k is still enough to get a fungi tunic and a haste item.

I bought one Krono off of d2jsp and with some haggling and creative late night/day trading I've got a fungi, stave of shielding, seahorse hide belt, that should keep me going for quite a while.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Anyone willing to effort post a short version of the previous progression servers? I was just curious when they died off, and why.

If memory is serving me correctly, it's like with each round SoE/DBG improves them to be closer to what people really want. Just curious what all killed off the older ones, as I wonder how long Phinny will last.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

Anyone willing to effort post a short version of the previous progression servers? I was just curious when they died off, and why.

If memory is serving me correctly, it's like with each round SoE/DBG improves them to be closer to what people really want. Just curious what all killed off the older ones, as I wonder how long Phinny will last.

I know Ragefire had a higher XP rate and boxing allowed. I'm betting what killed off a majority of them was getting to newer content and allowing the boxing. making this "true box progression" and instanced raiding keeps the population fairly high.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
I want to say what killed ragefire was an extended timer between expansions but I can't remember. Some because of box armies too. Phinegal is already caught up on expansions to both other TLPs and will pass them in a couple months.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

xZAOx posted:

Combine and Sleeper: Sleeper was merged with Combine around Gates of Discord and PoP because the top guild there could no longer beat content, and Realm of Insanity wasn't doing much better. Combine continued until it caught up with live servers before the launch of Seeds of Destruction, and SoE declared the server over and that Seeds would release, after we'd been in SoF for all of a month and thus were retardedly behind.

Vulak and Fippy: Vulak was progressed by Echoes of Elysium primarily until we beat Secrets of Faydwer, and they allowed transfers off to Fippy, mostly because we needed a recruitment pool. Vulak died when the only remaining guild, Kukclan, got banned for posting screenshots on their raid kills without turning off MacroQuest 2 features. Its technically still active but its stuck at Seeds of Destruction and no one is progressing the server (or even plays there as far as I know). Fippy is still going, but from what I'm hearing, Citizen has basically given up caring about it, and are playing on Phinigel as OGC. Call of the Forsaken opens on Fippy soon? Maybe they'll raid there again.

Ragefire and Lockjaw: Severely hampered by steady nerfs to popular strategies/classes (read: mage walling), ridiculously broken content because Mitigation of the Mighty is the worst mechanic ever introduced, and the opening of the Phinigel server, with its instancing. As far as I know both have a singular top end guild that locks down everything?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Thanks Hoohah, perfect.

So Phinny is the first with true boxing and instancing, correct?

And the MotM/PotM nonsense started with RF & LF?

Mechanic wise, I only ever paid half a ear to what was going on in EQ, but it seemed like with every round of progression servers they got closer and closer to what people were wanting. Other than MotM being waaaay overtuned sometimes (10-20 or longer fights aren't challenging, just boring), and some minor things like some quests not having respawn timers reduced to reflect the shorter amount of time in each expac, there's not much else they could do for another round of servers that'd interest me.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Hoohah posted:

Vulak died when the only remaining guild, Kukclan, got banned for posting screenshots on their raid kills without turning off MacroQuest 2 features. Its technically still active but its stuck at Seeds of Destruction and no one is progressing the server (or even plays there as far as I know).
Vulak has had 1-3 other players show up on /who all every time I've checked. It's a completely dead server.

Haukadalur Geezer
Jun 4, 2008

thats right
WTS all my stuff on Phinigel, PM me, Goon Price for you my friend. I have 2 accounts, some krono, PP, a few 60's, and some really nice items (Tstaff, CoF, COCW, fungistaff, etc...)

Haukadalur Geezer fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 12, 2016

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Ragefire was hilarious because it embodied SOE/daybreak/everquest so well. Rampant botting, weird scrambles to "fix" raids, cries of elitism.
At one point they were messing with the raids. They would spawn fake Cazics that were normally untargetable and invisible. Except it would show on the map for MQ users.
So while poopsocking this crap, 100s of people would be in the zone. Some MQ guy would see it spawn and try to blast him. Then people assist him, nothing would happen and itd go away.

So daybreak started banning anyone who hit the fake Cazics but didn't know normal people could assist, even without MQ.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016

darkhand posted:

Ragefire was hilarious because it embodied SOE/daybreak/everquest so well. Rampant botting, weird scrambles to "fix" raids, cries of elitism.
At one point they were messing with the raids. They would spawn fake Cazics that were normally untargetable and invisible. Except it would show on the map for MQ users.
So while poopsocking this crap, 100s of people would be in the zone. Some MQ guy would see it spawn and try to blast him. Then people assist him, nothing would happen and itd go away.

So daybreak started banning anyone who hit the fake Cazics but didn't know normal people could assist, even without MQ.

This is something they've done since Velious and a loooooong rear end time ago they'd ban people for it. King Tormax, Emperor Ssra etc all have level 0 NPCs that can only originally be targeted by MQ so they could easily see who was using MQ for it, but they stopped caring almost as soon as they put it in, I'm guessing because of how many people they saw used MQ.

Good to see DBG is going retro. Now all they need to do is to let two expansions go by with letting server firsts be people ghost killing everything.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
I remember xp rates on Sleeper/Combine being very reasonable, why did they change that? I quit the later progression servers quickly after killing 100 skellies in the Paineel newbie yard for a couple pixels.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
is there a website I can use to find current rates on krono on phini?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Tabletops posted:

is there a website I can use to find current rates on krono on phini?

bout 4.5k per krono atm. there was a fairly hard and fast crash about a month ago.

Also Lady Nev is the worst.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The Little Kielbasa posted:

I remember xp rates on Sleeper/Combine being very reasonable, why did they change that? I quit the later progression servers quickly after killing 100 skellies in the Paineel newbie yard for a couple pixels.

I liked the fast leveling as well but a lot of people whined it wasn't classic enough. I thought it was perfectly fine on Ragefire/Lockjaw but Phinny is rear end and the recent holiday weekend boost just reminds you of how much more fun the game is when it doesn't take more than an hour to get a level.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I did my time on Quarm. I logged in, created a character, reserved my name, and logged off. Most fun I've had with Everquest since the launch of The Broken Mirror.

On a serious note, the artisan quest is really cool. I'm convinced Dzarn did this on his spare time. Its the only "Everquesty" thing I've done in years. I just haven't finished it because the tradeskill requirement is massive, unless you've done some of the required quests from PoP/SoF/??? already. If you wonder who Dzarn is, he is basically you and me that played Everquest in our childhood and wanted to work on the game when he grew up - and did. He's the only developer that's competent and knows what makes Everquest Everquest, and I think he's the only one that actually plays EQ for fun too.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Welp got to 67.93 before group mates decided to call it, to resume tomorrow.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
hi, Quarm server is fun as heck, that's my story

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Made a character on Quarm to /claim one of the shared 50% (!!) xp pots on Phinny. AAs soon. :D

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I'm really nervous about AA grinding on Phinny, hah. Someone said there's about 270 AAs per class, with about 150 useful ones per class. Even at an hour per AA, and on Phinny I bet it's waaaay worse than that, at least at launch to generate some exp pot money....that's a lot of grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

I'm really nervous about AA grinding on Phinny, hah. Someone said there's about 270 AAs per class, with about 150 useful ones per class. Even at an hour per AA, and on Phinny I bet it's waaaay worse than that, at least at launch to generate some exp pot money....that's a lot of grinding.
[/quote

[quote="xZAOx" post="462091903"]

You'll probably get a lot of XP for that poo poo just camping key mobs for VT would be my guess, but people were saying the XP rates for AA grinding won't be accelerated at all so it could suck some serious assholes