Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

gannyGrabber posted:

What can sloan do to get through clouds? I could try zerkova...

True Sight ignores clouds for LoS purposes, that's the worst thing you could do against her

You're better off with irusk 2 and tons of small based tough dudes if you wanna screen your caster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

gannyGrabber posted:

What can sloan do to get through clouds? I could try zerkova...

Laugh all the way to the bank?

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

S.J. posted:

True Sight ignores clouds for LoS purposes, that's the worst thing you could do against her

Pash posted:

Laugh all the way to the bank?

Imagine a middle aged nerd throwing a tantrum right now. That's me!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Omg guys, with the new slam rules Helga is absurdly good. Not only do they go full distance, even if larger than the slamming model, but because you can slam a knocked down model you get an additional did of damage on every single attack under feat against anything that's b2b with something that'd stop it, since it hits it every time you slam it.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

S.J. posted:

You're better off with irusk 2 and tons of small based tough dudes if you wanna screen your caster

Is true sight just her or also her group/army?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

gannyGrabber posted:

Is true sight just her or also her group/army?

She gives true sight to her entire battle group.

Pash fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 7, 2016

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
So, the way Vayl2's feat is worded in MK3 is ambiguously worded to where it is possible you may be able to cast her beasts' animi for free in addition to her normal spell list.

Vayl2 Mk3 Feat Wording - This activation, Vayl can cast each of her spells once without spending fury.

Page 74 of Primal under Animi
"A warbeast can be forced to cast its animus, or the warlock whose battlegroup the warbeast is part of can treat the animus as if it were one of its own spells while the warbeast is in its control range."

This may be intended, as there isn't really any other reason to change her feat wording, but who knows with PP these days.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
So most factions only options are screening, shield guard or praying for a lot of forests?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I know for Legion, at least, virtually every list I make is gonna have the Protector and either Zuriel/Harrier. Shield Guard plus Guard Dog plus Dodge is just too good a combo to pass up. Succubus also hands out clouds, which give at least Concealment (and stealth in the case of Lylyth1).

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

fnordcircle posted:

So most factions only options are screening, shield guard or praying for a lot of forests?

Correct.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

rydiafan posted:

Omg guys, with the new slam rules Helga is absurdly good. Not only do they go full distance, even if larger than the slamming model, but because you can slam a knocked down model you get an additional did of damage on every single attack under feat against anything that's b2b with something that'd stop it, since it hits it every time you slam it.

Holy poo poo lmao this is legit the best

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So from the minions forums,

When asked about being a minions purist (all pigs or all gators)

"PPS_Hungerford posted:

Yup, and that with each new Theme Force book there will be new models released each time. Thus, when the Gator book and the Farrow book come out for example, expect a sweet deluge of new Minion goodness. (sorry, can't give an ETA on their release just yet)

If you want to be a purist, you can definitely do so now, but when those books do release you're going to be in for a real treat.

PS I want to say more so badly, but I really can't! ARGH!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

fnordcircle posted:

Your own guns as well, of course. DEF 14 is rough on the hunters but if you get decent column rolls you can strip their guns in a single shot.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
And of course running to engage with fast, high def models. Those warjacks can't shoot you when they have something in their face.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

And of course running to engage with fast, high def models. Those warjacks can't shoot you when they have something in their face.

High DEF actually won't save you much, unfortunately, with guided fire. But yes, fast is good. They lost parry.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

S.J. posted:

High DEF actually won't save you much, unfortunately, with guided fire. But yes, fast is good. They lost parry.

The high def part is for making them hard to kill after engaging to free up the jack

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

The high def part is for making them hard to kill after engaging to free up the jack

Depending on the model, yes. Rat 9 3d6 is a 50% chance to hit DEF 20, so you're forcing them to gamble on freeing up a jack with a free strike or accidentally shooting their own dude

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Real men gimmick list and take 4-6 drakhuns on vlad2. Speed 10 melee 2" armor 23 on the feat turn, get fukt hunters.

I wish i had more drakhuns

S.J.
May 19, 2008

gannyGrabber posted:

Real men gimmick list and take 4-6 drakhuns on vlad2. Speed 10 melee 2" armor 23 on the feat turn, get fukt hunters.

I really wanna pick up a pair of trench busters to use with trenchers because got drat they are so useful

And I can't wait to pick up the new Merc Trencher solo so I can heal them back to full along with Stryker 2 :allears:

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

gannyGrabber posted:

Drahkuns are FA:2, thanks for the cock tease!

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

gannyGrabber posted:

FA:2 blarg

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

I started up in a journeyman league yesterday as the gator fake battlebox. It's my first time playing hordes, seems fun. I need some wisdom on things I'm not sure about:

1)can I dump fury from my warlock for no reason or do I have to cast spells/animi/force him?

2)should I be playing Barnabas himself up front aggressively? My first game against Legion was lost to losing my battlegroup while Barny had no damage, and I'm used to letting my Cygnar casters sit back and let 'jacks/dudes do the work. But Barny seems pretty good in melee.

3)are Gatorman Posse bad? I want alligator mans on the table but Posse seems underwhelming.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Danimo posted:

I started up in a journeyman league yesterday as the gator fake battlebox. It's my first time playing hordes, seems fun. I need some wisdom on things I'm not sure about :

1)can I dump fury from my warlock for no reason or do I have to cast spells/animi/force him?

2)should I be playing Barnabas himself up front aggressively? My first game against Legion was lost to losing my battlegroup while Barny had no damage, and I'm used to letting my Cygnar casters sit back and let 'jacks/dudes do the work. But Barny seems pretty good in melee.

3)are Gatorman Posse bad? I want alligator mans on the table but Posse seems underwhelming.

1) During the warlocks activation you may discard fury at any time, including if you run.

2) Can't comment on Barnabas in particular, but Legion's entire gimmick is glass cannon. They hit really, really hard, so that's part of the problem.

3) I seem to recall they were awesome in Mk 2 under other factions (Skorne in particular) but not sure in Mk3

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Danimo posted:

My first game against Legion was lost to losing my battlegroup while Barny had no damage,

How did this happen? For 4 fury you can make your entire battlegroup immune to shooting, which is Legion's schtick.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Danimo posted:

I started up in a journeyman league yesterday as the gator fake battlebox. It's my first time playing hordes, seems fun. I need some wisdom on things I'm not sure about :

I am gonna be playing gator battle box in journeyman as well. Raerlynn answered your questions pretty good so I will add just a little extra.

Playing Barnabas extra agressive will probably cause you to lose. As will leading with your wrastler. The biggest problem you are gonna have is that in your fiest battlebox game one spell you have no valid targets for (death march needs a unit). My experience is that It's very hard in Mk3 to play a midline caster.

Flesh eater probably isnt a good idea to cast unless you get to cast it as a result of blood boon.

Warpath is a good spell, but very expensive when there are no infantry models around.

Your bullsnapper has spiny growth, but he has only 2 fury and spiny growth costs 2 fury. So.... yeah you probably are only using the bullsnapper so that Barnabas can be arm 19 unengaged and arm 21 engaged.

Your boneswarm... well it's a model that can make attacks.

Your wrastler is your most important beast. Rage is range 2 so you can have him or Barnabas cast it on the other two speed bumps in an attempt to have them get lucky and kill something.

Just remember Barnabas has counter charge, so if/when your boneswarm or bullsnapper leave an enemy model half killed, Barnabas can finish the deal. Just remember 13/17 stats mean you can damage Barnabas pretty easily, especially if your opponent has any sorts of debuffs.

Posse are nowhere near as good as they were on paper. I haven't played with them on the table yet, so I am not entirely sure.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Jesus loving christ Warroom 2 soft locked itself within a minute of me opening it for the first time. If I cancel a purchase it immediately soft locks the thing. I decided I was going to buy Menoth instead of Ret with my Google funbux and yup

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 7, 2016

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

S.J. posted:

I really wanna pick up a pair of trench busters to use with trenchers because got drat they are so useful

And I can't wait to pick up the new Merc Trencher solo so I can heal them back to full along with Stryker 2 :allears:

Kaio-ken x3 two times per game.

Gibbs is the trencher we never needed. Watch him be in every list forever now.

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
Has there been any word about the October releases yet?

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

rydiafan posted:

How did this happen? For 4 fury you can make your entire battlegroup immune to shooting, which is Legion's schtick.

The Legion battlebox only has one gun, the Nephalim Bolt-thrower, which was not a problem mostly. He out-threatened me though and got a good charge on my Wrastler with his flying large beast under Kryssa's feat.

I'm not saying I lost due to anything other than my (lack of) skill. I probably should have screened the Wrastler with the lights instead of leading with it.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Rhupert's songs working on jacks is confirmed as being part of the errata.

God drat, all I wanted to do was play music to my robots.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Has anyone played with the Fane Knight in Mk3? His output looks pretty anemic for such an expensive solo, but a Shield Guard that can easily reach twentysomething ARM against shooting shouldn't be too bad.

Also, I just now saw they're releasing the Kaelyssa resculpt as a metal model in September. Which means I'll stick to Helynna for now, I guess.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Oh crap I hadn't even noticed that it's not model/unit. That's a really nice change since it means Warcasters other than Haley3 get to be tough from him.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Danimo posted:

The Legion battlebox only has one gun, the Nephalim Bolt-thrower, which was not a problem mostly. He out-threatened me though and got a good charge on my Wrastler with his flying large beast under Kryssa's feat.

I'm not saying I lost due to anything other than my (lack of) skill. I probably should have screened the Wrastler with the lights instead of leading with it.

Also, remember to abuse throws with the wrastler. Throws don't deviate anymore and a wrastler with rage has the same strength as an enraged bronzeback (15).

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

fnordcircle posted:

Oh crap I hadn't even noticed that it's not model/unit. That's a really nice change since it means Warcasters other than Haley3 get to be tough from him.

Apparently when the errata drops it will be warrior model/unit so enjoy while you can.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
I-5 Championship Team Event info just dropped for any West Coast Goons who want to take a team to Portland. 5 person, WTC-style, pre-submitted lists, 16 team event with some awesome prizes this year. Defending champs Team Robby's Angels (my team) will be returning this year, so we can be back-to-back champions next year.

http://forums.cogcollective.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1600&p=7639#p7639

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone figure out what Sev2 doesn't like yet? Having real trouble solving for him in Khador with Irusk2/Sorscha1 (similar lists to Tom's on DGI).

Can't play Sorscha as he gets a 20pt+ feat, and can't figure out the answer for him blowing up all the Kayaz, and rebuking the Uhlans.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

evenworse username posted:

Apparently when the errata drops it will be warrior model/unit so enjoy while you can.

That's what his card says in Warroom now for the tough song, anyways. I don't care about singing to jacks cause I'm in this for narrative gameplay and jacks don't like polka music.

Mailbox Roleplay
Jul 16, 2006

fnordcircle posted:

That's what his card says in Warroom now for the tough song, anyways. I don't care about singing to jacks cause I'm in this for narrative gameplay and jacks don't like polka music.

The Ordic ones will, whenever they are released.

SirJoeKCB
Dec 24, 2003

susan posted:

I-5 Championship Team Event info just dropped for any West Coast Goons who want to take a team to Portland. 5 person, WTC-style, pre-submitted lists, 16 team event with some awesome prizes this year. Defending champs Team Robby's Angels (my team) will be returning this year, so we can be back-to-back champions next year.

http://forums.cogcollective.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1600&p=7639#p7639

Some more details: it will be held on October 15 at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland. This is the third year we've run this and it will be the biggest yet!

If you're within a day's drive (or more) and you've got players in your meta that are interested in taking susan down a peg please let them know and get in touch with us at i5championship@gmail.com.

If you don't have 5 then let us know since there will likely be free agents available once the local teams start forming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eskimaux
Jun 28, 2007
Hey, really new WMH player here. I'm starting a Journeyman league (as Minions and Barnabas like the 2 guys earlier!). I've been planning my list progression but would appreciate any advice/criticism. Bear in mind I have very little idea what I'm doing...

Week 1:
Barnabus, Wrastler (16), Boneswarm (7), Bull Snapper (5)

Week 2 (EO changed to 15 pts)
+ Ironback Spitter (15)

Week 3 (30/30)
+ Targ (4), Alten Ashley (5), Totem Hunter (6)

Week 4 (44/45)
+ Bog Trog Trawler (3), Min Gatorman Posse (11)

Week 5 (58/60) The EO allowed to swap out one beast for another as long as the points are used for beasts only
+ Increase Min to Max Gatorman Posse (+7), Swap out Boneswarm for Swamp Horror (14)

Week 6 (75/75)
+Wrong Eye and Snapjaw(17)

Any help would be appreciated