Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Can anyone claim knowledge of the worthiness of Republican campaign (or otherwise) interns vs Democratic ones? While I'm sure brilliant young Republicans exist somewhere, the brilliant political people I've known have all worked for people who share at least 50% of their very left-leaning values and the younger right-leaning people are never going to make it to do much for politics other than share dubious articles on Facebook. Does the Right have fewer good interns or is it somehow not a career killing move to list Trump campaign support on your political resume as a non-conservative?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Interns aren't running the social media feeds of candidates, corporations, or celebrities.

Well, maybe Trump but I'd just as soon believe he's doing it all himself.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

Interns aren't running the social media feeds of candidates, corporations, or celebrities.

Well, maybe Trump but I'd just as soon believe he's doing it all himself.

I would put money on "intern who hurriedly transcribes to twitter exactly whatever trump is shouting at the moment"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Does Trump even have publicists? If so, are they heavy drinkers?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I know everyone shits on Cracked for stealing article ideas from the discussion forums, but I like their take on what happened with Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qIQbydyHwc

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Mak0rz posted:

Yeah you big dumb doy doy his name is John Miller.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
e: doublepost

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mak0rz posted:

I heard on the Daily Show that he was an ex-caddy too. Looks to be true.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Mak0rz posted:

He more than once pretended to be his own publicist, going on weird digressions about which female celbrities wanted to make sex with him.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Danish nationalist party (one of them at least) posted an image to their facebook saying that the French team shouldn't be playing in the European league because they have too many players who are of African descent. However they seem to be inadvertently suggesting that the Africans are superior since the supposedly Africanized French team beat the Aryan Icelanders 5-2.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Haha, the best kind of self own.

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.
https://twitter.com/OgDreamer/status/750932114334445568

Not examples themselves, but still pointing out the morons on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/PokemonGoNews/status/750934347310460928

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoNews/status/750934824529981440

Devdisigdu has a new favorite as of 21:15 on Jul 7, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Still not out over here :saddowns:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Same thing happened (and continues to happen) when Ingress was released.

I can't wait for the irl violence to defend literal pixels to spill over.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

BioEnchanted posted:

I know everyone shits on Cracked for stealing article ideas from the discussion forums, but I like their take on what happened with Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qIQbydyHwc

drat, that was actually kinda dark. :stare:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Where is the "Congrats on being hetero" post? Trying to find it and I can't.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

FreudianSlippers posted:

Danish nationalist party (one of them at least) posted an image to their facebook saying that the French team shouldn't be playing in the European league because they have too many players who are of African descent. However they seem to be inadvertently suggesting that the Africans are superior since the supposedly Africanized French team beat the Aryan Icelanders 5-2.

Even better, they just beat Ze Germans.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

They weren't the only ones to comment on it though;

Hatrocious
Jan 1, 2013

Bugsy posted:

Where is the "Congrats on being hetero" post? Trying to find it and I can't.

This one?

quote:

Good on you for being proud!

It can be such a struggle growing up straight.

When did you first realize you were straight?

How long did it take you to realize you weren’t gay like everyone else?

What lengths did you go to in order to hide the fact you were straight from everyone else?

How many dates with someone of the same gender did you go on because you didn’t want people talking about how you never went out with another guy/girl?

Were you worried about telling your parents that you liked people of the opposite sex?

Did you ever overhear your dad talking with friends and saying how any kid of his that was straight he’d kick to the curb?

Did you have a straight friend who wound up homeless after he told his parents that he liked girls?

Or was he just beaten at school and called a pussy-lover or boob-chaser or fish-packer?

Did you ever try to Pray Away the Straight? Get sent to Straight Camp to try and fix your feelings for the opposite sex?

Did you ever have to sit and listen to political and religious leaders on TV talking about how you, yes you specifically, for liking the opposite sex, were not only doomed to hell and eternal hellfire, but were also solely responsible for the destruction of America, the modern world, marriage, and any natural disaster that occurred?

Who was your favorite straight character on TV? I mean, they probably weren’t -written- as straight, but who did you watch and feel that, even though they’d been written hooking up with someone of the same gender, they just had this.. air about them, this connection with an opposite-sexed costar that just… Well, they -had- to be straight. And it made you feel less alone to imagine that they were. That they could be like you. And thus, you could be like them.

Did you ever promise God that you’d do anything you’d want him to if He’d just let you fall in love/lust with someone of the same gender, so you didn’t have to be so different?

What’s your most notable scar? The one you got from your dad’s punch when he found out you were straight? The one you got from some random kids who jumped you and your boy/girlfriend as you were sneaking out of a straightbar one night? The ones you gave yourself after you found ‘Straightmo’ spraypainted over your locker and none of the teachers did anything about it?

Are you lucky enough to live somewhere you can be openly straight and walk hand in hand with your boy/girlfriend? Or do you have to pretend that you’re just roommates and put up pictures of someone of the same sex whenever your parents come to visit so they think you’re in a proper relationship?

I know it can be hard answering these questions, but that’s what Straight Pride is all about. Taking all the hurt and abuse and terror of the world, and forging it into a kind of strength. Remember, we’re right there with you. There’s nothing wrong with being straight. In fact, it’s something to be proud of.

And maybe someday, your opposite-sex relationship will be as natural and accepted as same-sex ones.

Probably not in your lifetime, admittedly, but someday…

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Yes, thats the one. Thanks.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

By the way, I didn't remove any replies, he just keeps posting over and over again in an impotent, child-like rage. This series, which I consider to be a form of performance art, is in response to a post made by my ex-roommate's brother, who is a black American male, that was worded thusly: "I'm sick of people telling me they have black friends. Lol. No you don't. You don't know black ppl, you don't hang around black ppl, you are straight up SHOOK of black ppl. Stop. You are the same person who calls me aggressive and spills coffee on themselves when I come around the corner".

Same poster also posted this:

Illiterate Racist With No Black Friends posted:

"Lol skin tone doesnt make a person or a group evsryone is different with simular qualitys. Lol at the coffee spill lmao".

Hooo boy.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
So some dumbfuck on my feed that I haven't seen in person for the last five years decided to post some bullshit article gushing over how some state senator is going to create a law to stop "welfare bums" from eating steak and seafood and beer

I'm getting irrationally angry at this and yet I have a strong urge to touch the poop because I'm never going to see this person ever again since they're like ten states away now

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The post has now been deleted, but there was some local outdoor community drama on Facebook with regards to a guy misnaming the peak he climbed after posting a photo from the top to a local scrambling Facebook group. He hiked up a really easy peak with killer views and labelled it as a peak that has killed a number of people because it's incredibly difficult and dangerous. When asked to edit the post to the proper name, he steadfastly refused and told everyone to calm down and stop being such know-it-all babies. It went on for over 100 comments pleading with him to adjust the name so people don't go up the wrong mountain and wind up dead. Eventually the group admins deleted it to prevent any mishaps that could end up being blamed on the community and it's poor information.

It's baffling how stubborn people are when proven to be wrong. People's lives are on the line over this and he was still being a dick just because of his ego. I hope he got banned from the group. He even posted the wrong day and was called out on it by his hiking buddy. But seriously, just edit the post and say "Oops, my bad", don't fight about it for 5 loving hours.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Intoluene posted:

What if one is just an exhibitionist and doesn't get paid for making their sex tapes?

That's called working pro boner.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Puppy Time posted:

working pro boner.

Flawless thread title

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

People old enough to drive are playing Pokemon?

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Centripetal Horse posted:

The people who grew up playing pokemon never really stopped. Then they got super serious about it and are kind of edging actual kids out of the games because it's awfully hard to have a fun game of pokemon anymore when every online person looking to battle is a sperglord with a min/max team they've been carrying around for ten versions now.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Wait, what happened here? At first it sounded like they were coming together(though it sounded like GREEN was trying to do some one upmanship but not completely off topic) but then after RED comes back she's pissed and called(I'm guessing) a reverse racist. I really need to know what happened on her wall for this to happen.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Centripetal Horse posted:

Pokemon has been around for 20 years. Who do you think they're targeting?

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

Stupid meme plus missing the point

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Hahaha blue at the end really makes this.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fathis Munk posted:

Hahaha blue at the end really makes this.

I know. If they were a true Christian they'd know it's Revelation, not Revelations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Deceitful Penguin posted:

They weren't the only ones to comment on it though;

That argument in those images doesn't even make sense - since when are Africans naturally superior to other nations in soccer? Every world cup I've seen the African teams were typically the underdogs. Could they make it any more obvious that they just hate black people and countries that have a lot of them?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Twitter got real depressing real fast in these past few hours. :smith:

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
When you're getting mugged, a rifle is an excellent weapon. It's portable, quick to draw/holster, and very easy to aim at close quarters.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

So. I made a silly joke on a video titled "The Fountainhead in 5 Seconds." Someone flew to Ayn Rand's defense, and someone else decided to engage. I keep getting messages when people reply. Copied are the Libertarian's posts. It should be noted, each of the other guys' responses were a paragraph or two, and actually pretty decent takedowns. After the message the guy made, he blocked the guy he was arguing with.

Also. The 'molotov' he refers to in the other guy's avatar is the bouquet in that one Banksy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 10:19 on Jul 8, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Just changed last night:

This poo poo is really infuriating and she's the type of person that will get extremely pissed off and scream at you the second you try and claim anything but what she considers correct.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

So. I made a silly joke on a video titled "The Fountainhead in 5 Seconds." Someone flew to Ayn Rand's defense, and someone else decided to engage. I keep getting messages when people reply. Copied are the Libertarian's posts. It should be noted, each of the other guys' responses were a paragraph or two, and actually pretty decent takedowns. After the message the guy made, he blocked the guy he was arguing with.

Also. The 'molotov' he refers to in the other guy's avatar is the bouquet in that one Banksy.

I tried reading the Sword of Truth (didn't know a drat thing about it) and I am liberal as hell. I'm libertarian now because it made so much senseit was the worst book I have ever read.

If you ever meet someone who liked it ask them how much they loved the child rape. And the evil girl getting hosed so good by the protag she died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
There is a let's read of the series going on at the moment https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668845&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

It's baaaaaad. Really loving terrible. I am so happy I bounced off the first book when someone gifted it to me.