Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

zakharov posted:

Did he introduce himself? Would artists be expected to recognize him by sight? Or did he just appear to be some nosy stranger?

"Being able to draw good" was probably the second part of the test, the first part being "Is capable of working with others and isn't a condescending self-centred jerk".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Foxhound posted:

https://i.imgur.com/AKgu4jE.mp4

This is one I've always wanted to do. What is the blowing device he's using there? Is it just a leaf blower or what?

I get the impression that this is the latest in a long line of pranks that he thinks are hilarious and she thinks are childish.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

spog posted:

I get the impression that this is the latest in a long line of pranks that he thinks are hilarious and she thinks are childish.

If it's the prank video couple, they broke up http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/23/biggest-couple-on-youtube-announce-they-are-splitting-up-5900802/

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

The whole relationship - It's Just a Prank, Bro

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

I found them insufferable and gain no small amount of Schadenfreude from this news.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

stop press!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

KoRMaK posted:

Electrical tape*

Duct tape would work as well. Any tape would work really, it's tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb3UobSZl34

My favorite part of this is at :45 when it pans over to the little brother, who's just as mean and snotty.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Magic Hate Ball posted:

My favorite part of this is at :45 when it pans over to the little brother, who's just as mean and snotty.

1.52 is one of the best things on the entire internet - IT'S TAPE :o:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"Visibly upset, Jeana adds: ‘Everybody thinks we have a perfect life and it’s really not at all. Everybody has problems and issues. We choose not to put that in the videos usually.’"

You mean to tell me that spending years harassing and scaring each other like children doesn't lead to a healthy relationship?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

chitoryu12 posted:

"Visibly upset, Jeana adds: ‘Everybody thinks we have a perfect life and it’s really not at all. Everybody has problems and issues. We choose not to put that in the videos usually.’"

You mean to tell me that spending years harassing and scaring each other like children doesn't lead to a healthy relationship?

Also, having that relationship intrinsically tied to a successful YouTube channel. It's one thing to constantly prank each other, but to publish and monetize those pranks is another thing entirely.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

peter gabriel posted:

How have I not seen this before :allears:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Not even a fancy warning system can deter idiots from breaking their trucks.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

peter gabriel posted:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Even better than the originals. :allears:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
They should stop trying to prevent crashes now, and just start shaming people that still do it. Instead of installing another sign, make it so a bunch of balloons drop and a trumpet goes "wah-wah-waaaaaah."

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Not Operator posted:

They should stop trying to prevent crashes now, and just start shaming people that still do it. Instead of installing another sign, make it so a bunch of balloons drop and a trumpet goes "wah-wah-waaaaaah."

it still costs them a bunch of money whenever people crash from removing the crashed vehicle, removing debris, rerouting the intersection, repairing damage to the warning mechanism, etc.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

President Ark posted:

it still costs them a bunch of money whenever people crash from removing the crashed vehicle, removing debris, rerouting the intersection, repairing damage to the warning mechanism, etc.

The only thing that gets hit is a steel beam whose only purpose is to get hit by trucks so the bridge doesn't.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I can't imagine replacing a dozen balloons and a speaker would add too much to the total.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Platystemon posted:

The only thing that gets hit is a steel beam whose only purpose is to get hit by trucks so the bridge doesn't.

that beam isn't indestructible is my point

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

President Ark posted:

Implement fines that cover this?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JloCudltAo4

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

I thought this was going to be one of those videos of the people with collision avoidance systems plowing through pedestrians.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

And to think that just about 2 months or so ago they posted a video of all their fancy new warning signs and signals, with footage of truck drivers actually noticing them and avoiding the bridge.

And as it turns out it still didn't completely help because some people are just too drat dense. Though the over 2 months between crashes is probably the longest the bridge has gone between truck crashes.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

There's some major low-clearance tunnel in Australia people kept hitting. This wasn't some old rough and tumble bridge, a hit by a truck could really damage the tunnel. So they ended up installing a huge long chain of warnings and signs that light up and sirens that go off all along the approach to the tunnel. That still didnt work, drivers are that loving dumb. They eventually had to develop a water-curtain projection system that floods the entrance of the tunnel with a special mist of water that a massive STOP sign is projected on.

Ah here it is in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk9DjO-_rT8

The takeaway from all this is that a certain percentage of drivers, even of massive commercial vehicles which they should be specially licensed and regulated to drive, basically are asleep at the wheel not paying attention to anything around them.

They had an interview with the first dude to trigger one of these in the field, they asked him why he didn't stop at any of other other warnings. It was something like "eh.. I was sort of zoned out, I didn't notice anything until this huge shape appeared in front of me and I jammed on the breaks". poo poo like that should get you license taken away for at least a few years. But driving is a human right or something so you gotta go easy on drivers.

Baronjutter has a new favorite as of 23:34 on Jul 7, 2016

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
http://i.imgur.com/iRA0guj.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/ESxMnHo.gifv

https://gfycat.com/WindingMelodicCowrie.gifv

https://gfycat.com/FelineIncompatibleGuanaco.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/dHUVeua.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/sir8vDB.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/DPcedvH.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/oONVSpF.gifv

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

loving lol

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

I'm lost on this one.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I think that's a guy using an VR rig chat app doing a backflip and failing, miserably.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Baronjutter posted:

There's some major low-clearance tunnel in Australia people kept hitting. This wasn't some old rough and tumble bridge, a hit by a truck could really damage the tunnel. So they ended up installing a huge long chain of warnings and signs that light up and sirens that go off all along the approach to the tunnel. That still didnt work, drivers are that loving dumb. They eventually had to develop a water-curtain projection system that floods the entrance of the tunnel with a special mist of water that a massive STOP sign is projected on.

Ah here it is in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk9DjO-_rT8

The takeaway from all this is that a certain percentage of drivers, even of massive commercial vehicles which they should be specially licensed and regulated to drive, basically are asleep at the wheel not paying attention to anything around them.

They had an interview with the first dude to trigger one of these in the field, they asked him why he didn't stop at any of other other warnings. It was something like "eh.. I was sort of zoned out, I didn't notice anything until this huge shape appeared in front of me and I jammed on the breaks". poo poo like that should get you license taken away for at least a few years. But driving is a human right or something so you gotta go easy on drivers.

I feel inclined to point out that in the case of the 11'8" bridge especially, a huge proportion of the crashes are rental trucks—which means people who aren't used to driving big trucks, aren't licensed to drive commercial vehicles, probably have never done it before, and may never do it again in their lives. They're in the middle of moving house, and they're probably very preoccupied as it is; it's a stressful day and possibly part of a very stressful week or month. I'm not in the least surprised that the very last thing on their mind is "how tall is my truck, do those flashing lights apply to me?"

If I were a Ryder/Penske/Uhaul/whatever franchisee in the area I would probably be paranoid as poo poo and would be grilling my renters on their planned route and arming them with lectures and maps on how to avoid that intersection.

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 02:26 on Jul 8, 2016

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
My company rents Ryder trucks twice a year for sports events and has exclusively unqualified people driving them to/around the events, while being loaded to the point of being dangerously overweight. Without fail we will at least scrape up a hotel valet overhang or one of our drunk coaches will take out a fast food height limit sign, but we've only ever had one get can-opened on the highway.

Fun fact: most rental truck companies now take pictures of the top of the truck before you rent it and after you return it just to make sure you can't hide even a little bit of your stupidity.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Data Graham posted:

I feel inclined to point out that in the case of the 11'8" bridge especially, a huge proportion of the crashes are rental trucks—which means people who aren't used to driving big trucks, aren't licensed to drive commercial vehicles, probably have never done it before, and may never do it again in their lives. They're in the middle of moving house, and they're probably very preoccupied as it is; it's a stressful day and possibly part of a very stressful week or month. I'm not in the least surprised that the very last thing on their mind is "how tall is my truck, do those flashing lights apply to me?"

If I were a Ryder/Penske/Uhaul/whatever franchisee in the area I would probably be paranoid as poo poo and would be grilling my renters on their planned route and arming them with lectures and maps on how to avoid that intersection.

I'm an Internet nerd. I've watched those videos many times. Last time I rented a big U-Haul truck to move I asked hey what's the height of this truck so I don't shear the top off. Her response: "I don't know."

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

Data Graham posted:

I had to move office this year, and as I was the only one with a license but no car to haul gear I got to drive the 20' truck. As someone who drives less than 10 times a year in a compact, I spent a lot less time looking up so much as I spent it trying not to run over the million pedestrians that have no loving fear of an idiot in a giant rental truck. Driving a small car you have to try to not come close to hitting something, in a big moving truck in a tight city you're always almost hitting everything already, and all the time.

yes I know I suck at driving

Useless has a new favorite as of 03:12 on Jul 8, 2016

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

11 foot 8 bridge is the one piece of our crumbling infrastructure I hope never gets repaired.

Someday someone will hit that bridge as a train goes over it causing a derailment and it will be even more beautiful.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Lollollol... "Making millions of dollars shooting toilet paper at each other has started to feel like a job."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Random Stranger posted:

11 foot 8 bridge is the one piece of our crumbling infrastructure I hope never gets repaired.

Someday someone will hit that bridge as a train goes over it causing a derailment and it will be even more beautiful.

So what you’re saying is that this bridge is vulnerable to TERRISM!

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
White woman makes grand claims about her time in Zambia, including dealing with rebels, holding a gap toothed HIV ridden child whose best experience was sharing a drink of coke with her. And now she is a famous author for all the wrong reasons.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilverman/people-are-calling-bullshit-on-this-memoir?utm_term=.cgV8yZPGo#.sw9VjMOQY

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Tarantula posted:

White woman makes grand claims about her time in Zambia, including dealing with rebels, holding a gap toothed HIV ridden child whose best experience was sharing a drink of coke with her. And now she is a famous author for all the wrong reasons.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilverman/people-are-calling-bullshit-on-this-memoir?utm_term=.cgV8yZPGo#.sw9VjMOQY

I want to believe that that's what the article headline means by "gap year".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

fullroundaction posted:

Fun fact: most rental truck companies now take pictures of the top of the truck before you rent it and after you return it just to make sure you can't hide even a little bit of your stupidity.

Years ago, my dad rented a big conversion van for a trip to D.C. We parked in a parking ramp, but there were these signs about the height clearance hanging from the ceiling. The van made a horrendous scraping noise while we drove under them, one by one. Of course, we would have been fine if not for those signs. We returned the van the next day and never heard about it.