Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I hope ichigo walks through the portal with renewed confidence only for ywach to break his dumb sword in half immediately a second time in a row

also didn't ywach steal his powers or something? I don't think that changed when the sword was fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Manatee Cannon posted:

I hope ichigo walks through the portal with renewed confidence only for ywach to break his dumb sword in half immediately a second time in a row

also didn't ywach steal his powers or something? I don't think that changed when the sword was fixed

Ywach stole specifically both his quincy and hollow powers. Not sure how he took the hollow powers or how they didn't poison him or something but it was obviously just so that Ichigo would have nothing else to rely on until he gets his sword back. Since he's never used kido his shinigami powers are basically just his sword.

If I had to guess, I'd say that his renewed confidence comes from knowledge of how broken his Bankai is. No I am not sure what makes him think it won't be broken again immediately.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
spending a few chapters on every fight would be fine if kubo didn't have 20 different fights to go through before the plot can progress. the funny thing is, i think kubo would be very suited for doing tournament arcs. a plot that progresses via one on one fights would be ideal for him, to say nothing of removing any urgency so the participants can posture and brag at each other to their heart's content.

but then, i have a very low opinion of shounen fighting manga tournaments in general and i completely loathe series which consist entirely of alternating tournaments and training.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

This whole scenario is a lot like loving Sakura Card Captor for god's sake!

With the only difference that Sakura's teacher had a prominent role in the series as a red herring and you actually saw her carrying the reset button around.

This means that Bleach has gotten even more stupid than Sakura Card Captor, with the difference that Sakura Card Captor intended to be stupid fun.

Are you calling CCS bad?
Them's fightin' words

Covok posted:

What did Book Aizen add to the narrative that Orihime couldn't do to the story?

Orihime can't heal things that were damaged by the soul king(now part of Ywach) for reasons.
Tsukishima just had to change Ichigo's memory to the sword not breaking and :eyepoop:

I'd like to point out that he didn't stab the sword, he stabbed Ichigo. To the person asking about winning a lottery ticket, all you have to do is stab yourself and change your memories into believing you won the lottery and it somehow works

e:Unless I'm wrong and he did stab the sword before stabbing Ichigo? Or is it because the sword is part of Ichigo's soul? Which then raises the question why didn't Orihime just heal Ichigo.

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 7, 2016

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Remember when that fat Visored guy with the shields said that Orihime's power was like his?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

spending a few chapters on every fight would be fine if kubo didn't have 20 different fights to go through before the plot can progress. the funny thing is, i think kubo would be very suited for doing tournament arcs. a plot that progresses via one on one fights would be ideal for him, to say nothing of removing any urgency so the participants can posture and brag at each other to their heart's content.

but then, i have a very low opinion of shounen fighting manga tournaments in general and i completely loathe series which consist entirely of alternating tournaments and training.

A lot of YYH was still pretty good

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pixaal posted:

Remember when that fat Visored guy with the shields said that Orihime's power was like his?

they're both hollow based or something

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

That's what confused me as well.

I seriously want to see Book Aizen fight with Ywach.
:smug: I killed you in the future!
:smuggo: Naha, I live in the past!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Book aizen should give ichigo his fullbring.

Then ichigo would be able to diagonal slash the past.

So BACH would be like 'I can see the future and attack it', and ichigo would be like 'when you attack me in the future I'm attacking you back', and then a bunch of diagonal slashes which are also panel borders.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I can't stop laughing at the fact that all of the goddamn villians in this series' power have been altering reality in one way or another.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tunicate posted:

A lot of YYH was still pretty good

yyh had more than just tournaments

slev
Apr 6, 2009

it will take the gathering of all the Aizens together to defeat Yhwach

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

slev posted:

it will take the gathering of all the Aizens together to defeat Yhwach

So a worse version of all the red rangers(or Kamen Riders) coming together for the big battle?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
So Orihime couldn't fix his bankai because there did not exist a past where it hadn't been broken, so Book inserted one.

So maybe, now that he's using a nonregulation past, Bach won't be able to break it because I guess his power won't count the new past as a possibility?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

And then he'll hit him with his sword and it'll work this time.

Then we'll spend another eight panels zooming in on a B on a sword Jesus Bazz Bing Christ almighty this manga is bad

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Dexo posted:

I can't stop laughing at the fact that all of the goddamn villians in this series' power have been altering reality in one way or another.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's feasible that Orihime was just too air-headed to think about going back in time instead of whatever she was doing.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
There's no way Kubo isn't just winging it. I love all the red herrings.

Haschwalt borrowng ywach's power while he slept -- didn't matter.
Ichigo having all these various abilities -- didn't matter.
Ishida being the "inheritor" of Ywach -- didn't matter.
Stealing bankais, in particular Yamamoto's -- didn't matter.
Kenpachi going bankai -- didn't matter.
Thor being completely unbeatable -- didn't matter.
Ukitake dying -- didn't matter.
Orihime's abiltiies -- as usual, did not matter.

Ironically the one thing that did matter was the fullbringers.

We still have to wrap up:
Ghost Dads.
Aizen
Ichibei
Nel?
Where the hell is Soi Fong?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
soi fon is hiding behind a wall in every chapter

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Postal Parcel posted:

So a worse version of all the red rangers(or Kamen Riders) coming together for the big battle?

Aizen of All Nations.
Aizen of the Multiverse.
The Aizen League of Aizen.
Aizen Sentai Aizenger.

soi fon is hiding behind a wall in every chapter

Soi Fon is mastering her stupid bankai, including it in her martial arts like Kamen Rider Fourze (who has a rocket punch that is literally a punch with a rocket. With the rest of his body still attached to it.)

Doresh fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 7, 2016

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

After asking so much about the Fullbringers I finally get an answer and it's a very satisfying one and ffs I never thought I would be this happy to see Tsukishima's pretty face again

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i started playing ff exvius yesterday and aizen sent me a friend invite

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Thoren posted:

There's no way Kubo isn't just winging it. I love all the red herrings.

Haschwalt borrowng ywach's power while he slept -- didn't matter.
Ichigo having all these various abilities -- didn't matter.
Ishida being the "inheritor" of Ywach -- didn't matter.
Stealing bankais, in particular Yamamoto's -- didn't matter.
Kenpachi going bankai -- didn't matter.
Thor being completely unbeatable -- didn't matter.
Ukitake dying -- didn't matter.
Orihime's abiltiies -- as usual, did not matter.

Ironically the one thing that did matter was the fullbringers.

We still have to wrap up:
Ghost Dads.
Aizen
Ichibei
Nel?
Where the hell is Soi Fong?

I don't think we'll see Ichibei again except for the epilogue.

So I guess next xhapter will be Ichigo about to walk into the portal only for everyone(friends) to join him. Big splash page of everyone walking and many large images with a dymanic entry.
Chapter after that will be Ywach explaining why he did it and jon everyone not named Ichigo.
Chapter after that is Ywach dying.
Epilogue.

All done.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Thinking back, not all was bad about Bleach.

What I liked:
* Yoruichi
* Soi-Fon
* Yoruichi & Soi-Fon
* loving boring
* That two-page spread of Aizen's finger

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sue posted:

Thinking back, not all was bad about Bleach.
* Soi-Fon

where did she go?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Darth TNT posted:

I don't think we'll see Ichibei again except for the epilogue.

So I guess next xhapter will be Ichigo about to walk into the portal only for everyone(friends) to join him. Big splash page of everyone walking and many large images with a dymanic entry.
Chapter after that will be Ywach explaining why he did it and jon everyone not named Ichigo.
Chapter after that is Ywach dying.
Epilogue.

All done.

That's adorable. We won't have time for an ending let alone an epilogue.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
If the editors didn't step in, how many chapters would there have been?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dexo posted:

We talking big bads or villains in general?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Covok posted:

If the editors didn't step in, how many chapters would there have been?

Always one more. Just as there are an infinite number of points between now and the next plot point, so too are there infinite chapters. The Zeno's paradox of manga if you will.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It was another "good" chapter.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Geniasis posted:

That's adorable. We won't have time for an ending let alone an epilogue.
It's not hard to end Bleach. Ishida shows up, they go through the portal, they no ur sword is broken, (one chapter) ichigo's bankai actually works and makes the biggest sword slash of all time that cuts the planet in half and Bach makes the Cell face (you know the one) except he has more googley eyes, (two chapter) Bach explodes then Aizen opens the portal for them "just as planned" and becomes the soul king in a chair or whatever then there's three chapters of epilogue where he makes no mention of 90% of the characters. (last three chapters)

everyone is as Bleach'd as they've ever been

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

So is the series going to end with Harribel still in the rape dungeon? I just don't see how all these plot threads will go away too many side characters with dangling threads.

Ampuli
Nov 23, 2013
What if no one told Kubo that it was ending, and the manga ends mid Ywach explaining something.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

pixaal posted:

So is the series going to end with Harribel still in the rape dungeon? I just don't see how all these plot threads will go away too many side characters with dangling threads.

I assume she will be or already has been freed so that in the ending the various factions and their leaders can all gently caress back off to their respective territories having all learned basically nothing, especially the shinigami who will remain a bunch of pricks.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Kild posted:

remember when kon was in this arc

I honestly don't. I don't believe you.

Stop lying.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I doubt we'll see harribel again but maybe there'll be a oneoff line about her getting out of the dungeon

nell will probably mention her in the epilogue is my guess

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

I will take 1000 tournaments over dumb giant war arcs almost all shounen series are a bunch of 1v1 fights anyway.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Elfgames posted:

I will take 1000 tournaments over dumb giant war arcs almost all shounen series are a bunch of 1v1 fights anyway.

I want more fights like this in my shonen is that really so much to ask?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cavelcade posted:

I honestly don't. I don't believe you.

Stop lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Every chapter is somehow worse than the last. Amazing

• Locked thread