Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Sazabi posted:

Just bit the las bolt, anyone got a referral code they want me to use?

EC-NW9LD8X6TRSVR

Should work i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

WebDO posted:

EC-NW9LD8X6TRSVR

Should work i think

Thanks for the code.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You have chosen... questionably.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So Sazabi, get a refund?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Nope, I am invested in this game.steam won't give me a refund The melee is a little deeper than space marine and if giant bomb or someone does a video on it in the future I might get to see what a full game looks like.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Depending on your usual play time zone you may never get a full game until the game launches. I've put 70 hours into this because I needed a third person shooter in my life and it was there at the right time, but it's such a goddamn mess that I don't see how it isn't dead forever within six months of launch at this rate.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
It might be happening
https://mobile.twitter.com/40kcrusade/status/750054219630125056

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
My terrible financial decisions are being validated. YAY!

Orv
May 4, 2011
They're saying tomorrow if everything doesn't explode, but it'll be at least a week after that before it hits live.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Orks Orks Orks Orks

Orv
May 4, 2011
They're on the test server now, super unfinished. Still don't know if this game'll make it.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

They're on the test server now, super unfinished. Still don't know if this game'll make it.

I think we've know this for some time now. Pretty sure the devs will eventually abandon it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That's inevitable. They have the vaunted ten year plan for this game, the question is how long until that falls apart and they let it die.

Real talk on that front, the peak for EC since launching into EA has been 808 players according to Steamcharts. Given that the price is going to go up for release, I don't know if even the usual "Hey a new Steam game, gotta buy it" syndrome is going to do much for the game, especially with how vitriolic people are being on Steam about it. It's a shame, there's some cool stuff to recommend about the game and if it all magically comes together in the next three months it could be a really good TPS, but it's probably destined for a quiet death on the shoulders of a niche community. :shrug:

Orv fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 8, 2016

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I think the game is decent enough that they'll get one good stab at it on release. Part of the issue right now is honestly the players themselves. I know every time I stop in for a game, there's some super spergy jerkoff, usually with an English accent, telling us all what terrible worthless retards we are, and how we wouldn't survive a ~*real war*~ and that we should kill ourselves. More than half the time, it's a circle jerk of said spergs poo poo talking their entire team the ENTIRE loving fight over voice chat.

That's certainly not fun, especially in a beta. If they can get enough new players in on release (for people giving it a shot) to drastically lower the ratio of filth spewing autistic assholes per game, I think people could genuinely have fun. I mean, I had a lot of fun in Planetside and Planetside 2 when I lived in areas civilized enough to have stable internet, and that was often in spite of the super tryhard sections of the community. I think other people could have fun in this too if they don't get constantly berated by some guy who has 2,000 hours in the game before release.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Zaodai posted:

I know every time I stop in for a game, there's some super spergy jerkoff, usually with an English accent, telling us all what terrible worthless retards we are, and how we wouldn't survive a ~*real war*~ and that we should kill ourselves. More than half the time, it's a circle jerk of said spergs poo poo talking their entire team the ENTIRE loving fight over voice chat.

I don't know how that's possible. ARMA 3 is at the top of your Steam library and Warhammer is near the bottom.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I don't know how that's possible. ARMA 3 is at the top of your Steam library and Warhammer is near the bottom.

A lot of the people who are still playing in between major patches are gigantic Warhammer spergs, in every sense of that idea. So they're awful, lovely people in voice. I played approximately four minutes of orks today before I turned off voice chat because every nasally motherfucker was doing an inexcusably terrible cockney accent while half screaming.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Orv posted:

A lot of the people who are still playing in between major patches are gigantic Warhammer spergs, in every sense of that idea. So they're awful, lovely people in voice. I played approximately four minutes of orks today before I turned off voice chat because every nasally motherfucker was doing an inexcusably terrible cockney accent while half screaming.

This sounds utterly unbearable.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I hate to burst some of your bubbles, but the game is no where NEAR any kind of release quality. While some of the players in this game are the worst of the worst neckbeards they almost pale in comparison to how bad the net code, game performance and balance is in the game. It's laughably bad. When you pine for the poo poo show lag fest multiplayer that was Space Marine you know something is wrong.

I really do hope they can make some magic happen though because 40 player Space Marine is exactly what I want.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don't think you're bursting any bubbles there.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

I don't think you're bursting any bubbles there.

Just my own :shobon: Really hoped they would make a decent Space Marine clone :(

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am shocked that another early access title is trash.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
I see I have an update queued in steam for this. Does this update make it worth logging in by fixing all the jankiness or should I wait?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Not even. In fact they've specifically posted a Steam update that says "Hey gently caress you guys, you want to complain about an unfinished game like it's finished, we'll release our dailies to the general build." The build you've got queued has the tyranid PvE in it, which is neat enough, but it's still ultrajank.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

WebDO posted:

EC-NW9LD8X6TRSVR

Should work i think

Used this. I'm dumb and bought this early access game because GMG had it for 25 dollars. :negative:

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

lovely Wizard posted:

Apparently Warhammer 40k Eternal Crusade might be price error'd on GMG. since It was the full price of $40 during the steam sale because they didn't want people buying it and refunding it because it's early access and broken in a bunch of ways, yet now its $25 on GMG when you login.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/warhammer-40000-eternal-crusade/ MAKE SURE TO LOGIN TO GMG BEFORE ADDING TO CART OR IT'LL ONLY SHOW A SMALLER DISCOUNT

Game just started heavy optimizing and released the PVE yesterday, and allegedly it's releasing in september even though it needs the following :

-The last two Eldar classes (apparently pretty much done but pending Games Workshop approval for release)
-Orks to be polished/fixed up heavily for Games Workshop approval, are coming within in a matter of weeks
-Elite/Hero units
-Placeholder skill tree to be filled with actual skills/passives since right now its just a bunch of temporary generic stuff like -10% bolt rifle cost
-More variants of NPCS of the PVE enemies
-More maps for the PVE mode
-Additional optimization even though last patch was a good start
-Customization for weapons such as scopes and various modifications
-Tons of busy work like bugfixes and balancing not to mention cosmetics

Be aware of all of that info if you buy it, since you're forgoing steam refunds in exchange for saving $15. You also should get $20 of ingame currency for cosmetics, and an additional four dollars if you use a referral after you buy the game.

Apparently the price of the game itself will go up to $50 and the free currency will be reduced from $20 to $5 on launch, meaning you're saving $25 and getting an extra $16 in hat dollars.

You don't need to use my referral link, but make sure you use someone's if you buy the game since you get the aforementioned TIDY SUM of $4 in hat monies : EC-RMG5UQ8IU7LS6

Crossposting list of poo poo the game needs before release from the steam thread post I made shilling referrals making people aware of the current state of the game due to the GMG sale and the lack of easy refunds (or refunds at all barring gently caress ups) from GMG.

Some things I remembered after the fact :
-The entire land campaign/territory system including the daily/weekly/whatever goals for each faction
-Warlords aka head guys for each battle that can mark/suggest routes and points of attack for each squad
-Persistent world stuff - not sure what level of persistence they are aiming for at launch, but they're the devs doing all the MMO stuff for Star Citizen so I dunno what to expect
-Loot/drops

And no sign of a delay from the devs from the September 2016 release date they reconfirmed at E3 just a month ago.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
It seems to be a lot of content to release in less than two months, I'm not getting good vibes from this, even though I really hope they make something decent enough. But on the other hand we have the example of That Which Sleeps so uuugh.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Angry Lobster posted:

It seems to be a lot of content to release in less than two months, I'm not getting good vibes from this, even though I really hope they make something decent enough. But on the other hand we have the example of That Which Sleeps so uuugh.

Yeah, it's weird even though they've made heavy progress the last few months. March they bumped the player count up to 32v32, June 11th they added Eldar and the advancement/skill tree system, and last week they added PVE and some major optimizations, so they've been getting major features out pretty quick. But judging how we haven't even seen basic versions of some of this features like elites/heroes or the persistent world just over 2 months before launch is weird since they doubled down on the launch date at E3.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Just reporting in I'm super salty these guys missed the chance to roll in piles of money by just making Planetside 2 with 40k modes, textures, and lore.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Extra posted:

Just reporting in I'm super salty these guys missed the chance to roll in piles of money by just making Planetside 2 with 40k modes, textures, and lore.

I'm willing to give them a lot of leeway because they didn't do that. They saw the tech wasn't there to make it how they wanted and they backed off to something more feasible.

lovely Wizard posted:

Yeah, it's weird even though they've made heavy progress the last few months. March they bumped the player count up to 32v32, June 11th they added Eldar and the advancement/skill tree system, and last week they added PVE and some major optimizations, so they've been getting major features out pretty quick. But judging how we haven't even seen basic versions of some of this features like elites/heroes or the persistent world just over 2 months before launch is weird since they doubled down on the launch date at E3.

They're carefully talking about stuff that was slated for release as "our first big post-launch patch" the last few Twitch streams and dev posts. It's not all the stuff on your list but stuff like Eldar Exarchs (elite classes) just got said as probably post-launch yesterday. I get the feeling they're going to get their base systems in place and then polish them to a fine sheen, and let a lot of the advanced stuff come as quickly as they can get it done post launch. Even playing on the live servers yesterday, Eldar bodies don't line up when being executed by either marine faction, the cover system is getting a major patch soon but is currently totally useless, they're still "balancing" weapon and gear stats and the last three patches have made the game play completely differently each time. I think I've said it before on SA, that I've seen less complete games come to completeness in less time, but it still seems like if they actually make it to September and have Battlefield + SM MP that is worth playing it's going to be an eleventh hour miracle.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Reading about this game just makes want to reinstall Space Marine.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Played through it two weeks ago, still great. Do it.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Still great, still too short, still wish I got to have my Captain Titus: Special Agent of the Grey Knights sequel. Man, that was a great game with a ton of potential.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Mark Strong did a good space marine. So nice to have space marines (and Chaos marines) that weren't shouty retards. Y'know, as if being in a thousand battles over a hundred years or more wouldn't have made fighting loving orks against rather old hat for them.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Much like Chivarly, never not press T in EC.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So they announced that there won't be any campaign map interactivity at launch, saying it's under three months out from launch at most. People have been losing their loving minds.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Orv posted:

So they announced that there won't be any campaign map interactivity at launch, saying it's under three months out from launch at most. People have been losing their loving minds.

I hear they sub-contracted the map segment out to the guy doing That Which Sleeps. He's got the map part down, and the interactivity will be done any day now.

Orv
May 4, 2011
They pushed it and a bunch of other stuff to post-launch because Bandi Namco is holding them to a Summer 2016 launch, so people are calling dead gay game and freaking out on the forums. Honestly I just want Battlefield Space Marine so if they can get that working I'll be happy, but that's still shaky right now.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hey guys, relax, it's still just in "Alpha". Everything will be fine. :v:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
hey guys we are gonna make A WHOLE WORLD WH40K WAR WITH FREE GREENSKINS

hey guys we found out just reskinning planetside 2 is too hard

hey guys we made a mediocre lobby shooter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Here's a update of the biggest poo poo from the last two livestreams (not a founder just early access so not sure if any of this is old news) :

Orks will be coming out within 2 weeks from thursday, 1 week if poo poo goes okay but more likely 2 weeks. Since this needs games workshop approval, I'm assuming they'll be significantly more polished than they are on UAT.
Will also come with a character wipe/RTC wipe.

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/character-wipe-rtc-refund-coming-soon.55563/

They showed off additional chaos powers for the chaos sorceror including stuff like AoE healing or shooting. They also show the tempest launch, an anti-cover missile weapon with a curved arc, it's sort of like a grenade launcher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ-7sPYRCOI&t=449s

Here's some Ork music :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK_x9Bd82V4

More of the game's music here under the author's official youtube : http://youtube.com/watch?v=pkQV6MUTd_s&list=PLnPlxE2Etmzkyl266sRqNm1AK2Ggo6NTG

-40v40 got it's first public test on UAT yesterday, not sure how it went though since I'm not a founder still
-Founders will become a public test server after launch
-While they won't give a definitive date for release, the head design guy said the game won't be coming out in summer, but then the head guy said something like "isn't summer until September 30th?" so late September sounds like it's still on the table.
-Post launch expansion still will contain Terminators, preliminary work such as modelling already underway.
-Apparently "founders" (could include EA, not sure) has only accounted for 20% of the game's budget. 55k sales on steamspy on steamspy
-Certain races cost additional money to license, didn't know this was a thing but considering it's Games Workshop I'm not too surprised.

And heres a copy/paste/link to the dev post about the status/plans for world PVP map :

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/just-the-facts-about-world-maps.55505/ posted:

I'm just the guy who tells you what we're working on right now so here goes:

At launch (as currently planned):

o There will be a map representing the conquest of the factions.

o The map will show battles currently being waged.

o You will pick your battle type (Skirmish, Grand, Garrison or Lair) as you do now and be automatically placed in one of the battles.

Short-term goals (very soon):

o There will be a campaign system by which your victories during the campaigns tie into your faction’s global victory conditions and provide rewards for the participants.

o Fortresses have unlock conditions, and are more valuable than other battles.

Medium-term goal:

o Commanders will decide attack vectors against specific factions and play stratagems to aid them.

o Players can pick which battle they want to join from among those attack vectors, and victory has a clear impact directly on the territories.

Long-term goals:

o Open territory battles & a major shake-up of the strategic-level game.

Also the latest stream went forty five minutes over the usual hour to try to explain the world map stuff, so here's where they roughly start talking about it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XPrNnpz4jI&t=3580s

• Locked thread