Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why is Deku looking so serious about a dorm contest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if bakugou was going to rob someone, why kaminari? the sequence of events wasn't very clear but it really wouldn't make much sense for bakugou to figure out which guy who had the most cash on hand and then beat him up in front of a teacher.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Grouchio posted:

cuz he's a god drat nerdo who wanted to show off his all might figures, and doesn't want to lose. Deku is exactly the kid to bring you into his room and show you his neatly lined up set of obscure rare gundam figurines.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Grouchio posted:

thats the joke

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Baal posted:

Poop is funny

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 7, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

chumbler posted:

Uraraka is clearly a card carrying member of the Tank Top crew.

Tank Top Infinity

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You celebrate now but you'll see, last page next chapter is when they enter the final room and who else is sitting on the bed but Shigaraki Tomura!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Begemot posted:

Amazing chapter. I would not mind one bit if we stayed in slice of life territory for a while.

Me neither, but judging from the setup I'm guessing it's going to be a "find the traitor" arc.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Grouchio posted:

I'm pretty sure it's because, as a high school boy, getting to see what a girl's room looks like is a BIG DEAL. I mean that's obviously Mineta's angle in suggesting it in the first place. That's why Deku is like "wait really, it's OK to see it?!". You see how he gets when he's around Uraraka, the kid is clearly new to Girl Stuff.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I like the picture of aoyama's stand

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

if bakugou was going to rob someone, why kaminari? the sequence of events wasn't very clear but it really wouldn't make much sense for bakugou to figure out which guy who had the most cash on hand and then beat him up in front of a teacher.

I took it not as him robbing Kaminari, but him threatening the details out of him so that he could be a nice boy while keeping his reputation.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Vengarr posted:

Me neither, but judging from the setup I'm guessing it's going to be a "find the traitor" arc.

Fine with me. I'm getting a little exasperated of dealing with Shigaraki and his crew so a break from that is a welcome change of pace.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Ojiro, Iida, Kaminari, Jirou, Hagakure, and a pet bunny; Floor 3 is definitely where the good poo poo is

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Great chapter, Aoyama's room is the best obviously, though Izuku's All Might collection comes in second.

I hope Bakugou sleeping in the last panel doesn't mean we won't get to see his room too.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
With the heavy hitting chapters lately, I've forgotten just how funny this series can be at times. That was pretty fantastic!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I took it not as him robbing Kaminari, but him threatening the details out of him so that he could be a nice boy while keeping his reputation.

uh, what details could he get out of kaminari? he wasn't present when bakugou was rescued.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

We have such sights to show you.

This little arc is a great change of pace and i love it. I didn't have Tokoyami pegged as a chuuni, but in hindsight it makes perfect sense. His power over DARK AND TERRIBLE SHADOWS and he's constantly fighting for control of it.

Now I would have figured Ojiro might have had some fitness equipment in his room or a mat for his martial arts training--but I guess he's big on keeping his rest and training spaces separate.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I know Aizawa is just playing a hardass and is really a softy but man I kinda woulda told him to stick his speech up his rear end.

The only people here that can't be trusted are the staff. Only All Might and Aizawa can really be trusted on the staff from known evidence- unless Aizawa was willing to let that Noumu wring him out like a sponge and crush his skull to REALLY fool everyone. It's the KIDS who are being targeted and UA is LUCKY the kids came back.

If all the parents had decided "gently caress this" and not let their kids come back UA and the staff's careers would be sunk. Dude should be kissing their feet.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, Aizawa still has a point though. They are not full fledged heroes yet. They came to UA to become full fledged heroes. If they are going to skirt the rules, then they won't be taught at UA, and frankly it's a pretty bad habit to start if you want to be comparable to All Might. Heroes don't skirt the rules, they take their vitamins and eat their vegetables.

Just because the kids got to be shonen heroes for a day doesn't mean they should be let off the hook for recklessly endangering themselves, especially considering the whole point of the previous operation was to get a student out of a dangerous situation. Aizawa has every right to be pissed as a teacher.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Well, I mean, the teachers are only doing educational work as a kind of sabbatical thing, if UA went under I'm sure Eraserhead would just go back to kicking villain rear end on the reg.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
On the other hand, the statement "If All Might hadn't retired, you kids would be expelled" demonstrates how flawed the system really is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they were let off the hook because their actions were correct and successful and they were in trouble because they never should have been there in the first place.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, basically. It was dumb of them to go run after Shigaraki and co. again, after everything that went down, even if it worked out in the end, and likewise not a single one of them reporting the kids' plans to go after the villains, which by all reasonable expectations would have just gotten them captured or killed, was also very irresponsible. The only ones who had an excuse there were, as stated, Bakugou, Jirou, and Hagakure, since none of them had any knowledge of the plan, the former being kidnapped and the latter two being unconscious in the hospital.

And yeah, Aizawa's a pro hero who is doing this teaching thing to do good in a different way, he doesn't need this job (and is arguably worse off for it, given what that Noumu did to him). While UA as a whole arguably has to prove themselves here, Aizawa himself is pretty blameless and has always been doing what's right since we've seen him, even when it involved things like getting his face crushed by the All Might-level Noumu or making the decision to inform the kids that they could defend themselves in the camp attack even though he'd be held responsible for it (as we saw in the media interviews where they tried to attack him over that).

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 7, 2016

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Being a hero isn't about following the rules it's about saving peoples' lives come on man we JUST had a movie about this like 2 months ago.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Stain did literally nothing wrong

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Ojiro, Iida, Kaminari, Jirou, Hagakure, and a pet bunny; Floor 3 is definitely where the good poo poo is

It's a pretty good floor. I'm also fond of floor 4 because it has Uraraka and Ashido, and it has Kirishima and Bakugou as neighbours.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

TriffTshngo posted:

Being a hero isn't about following the rules it's about saving peoples' lives come on man we JUST had a movie about this like 2 months ago.
But they're not heroes yet, they're half-baked at best. Iida and Momo kinda mentioned it too.
In a real fight, they'd be liabilities, they can't just go around running willy-nilly. That'd just end up with somebody getting killed, which was kinda the whole point with Deku's internal conflict before they rescued Bakugou.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 7, 2016

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TriffTshngo posted:

Become a hero first, then you can decide when an appropriate time to bend the rules are. Rules aren't everything, but they are there for a reason.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Rules are always fungible.

The police chief gave this big lecture about rules and then knowingly let the kids off the hook with a complete lie of omission. Rules ain't poo poo.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
A bunch of schoolkids disobeyed their teachers and ended up literally metres away from a city-wrecking showdown between All Might and the most dangerous villain in history. That's kind of a big deal.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
heroes are government contractors in this setting, not vigilantes.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I wouldn't be surprised if some of this lay on the fact that Deku is supposed to be the next symbol of peace and he dangerously took his classmates to rescue another

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
you cant sit around and teach kids a bunch of stuff about being heroes and then not expect them to do "heroic" things

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If they want to learn from the best, then they've got to act like it. I'm sure there are plenty of halfass superhero schools that let you go run off into the thick of things midway through class, but at UA there are no Peter Parkers. Peter Parkers get expelled.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

It didn't seem to me like Aizawa's heart was in it, but he had to give the speech anyway, being a teacher and all

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

:argh:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Darth Walrus posted:

A bunch of schoolkids disobeyed their teachers and ended up literally metres away from a city-wrecking showdown between All Might and the most dangerous villain in history. That's kind of a big deal.

On the other hand, if they hadn't been there to get Bakugou out of danger, that fight could have gone very differently for All Might.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean, it worked and they saved Bakugou, but it might not have. We know Gran Torino was on his way, so it could be that Bakugou might have held out until Gran arrived, though that's merely speculation. Maybe Bakugou might've been taken, maybe not.

But in a time when the world is already ansty about heros and UA in general, students going out and engaging in unsanctioned hero business really isn't a good look. It's kept under wraps, but what Midoriya and co. did was serious business. They could have gotten hurt or killed. Sure, all of Class A were able to return, but it would be much different if someone had actually gotten injured or killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I think the greatest things about Boku no Hero Academia is like... it's not about waiting for a hero to come save you, it's like "be your own All Might."