Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jarogue posted:

Cateye Interactive Game Bike

:eyepop:

beep by grandpa posted:

I hope I don't sound like a negative nancy to anyone here but I'm beginning to get burnt out on this now since most obstacles are the same 4 things we keep seeing.

It's alright, not every run was made for every viewer :) We can all get along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dias posted:

I mean, if the commentary existed was better and they explained why these levels are interesting/hard, maybe I could get into this, some of those jumps look difficult but I have no idea if they are.

It's like Stepmania but less offensive to my ears and less outright impressive.

If it was between this and that stepmania garbage from last GDQ I'd pick physics motorcycle every single time

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Who put this snoozefest in prime eastern time

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Trials is Good you animals

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

zebez
Apr 27, 2008
This is just bad all around. No commentary no nothing to get exiting about...

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Equilibrium posted:

30 minutes of a curated selection of hard courses would have been fine

Not ninety minutes of watching some twiggy guy teeter back and forth while humping his bike

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Man it would have been such a good idea to put that community exhibition at the end of this. imagine your sphincter's joy after watching these 'cycles inch along these tracks with death around every corner only to have a nice chillout section for 5-10min of the dirt bikes just being opened up on some fast adventures. For real I just want to watch that one dock/boat escape level again :allears:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That was a nice save/show-off move with the backwheel movement. I just wish these guys TALKED.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The guy in the green shirt looks like that one cousin everyone has.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Equilibrium posted:

Trials is Good, these dudes are just Bad at commentary

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think this is a game where no matter how well the runner is actually doing it looks like they're playing poorly.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

beep by grandpa posted:

sure that's not just a southern thing?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

Yes Grandma I heard JEremy graduates high school this year, congrats :)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

beep by grandpa posted:

since they're all user created content prob not since people would be adding all sorts of non kosher licensed music.

Hey UA I'm curious now - do GDQ vids ever get hit with copyright claims/takedowns? I imagine one playthrough of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 would get the entire channel shut down.

Wouldn't that have also been an issue with Jet Set Radio and 1080 Avalanche as well? Hope hearing Seether 4 or 5 times was worth it

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Athropos posted:

Who put this snoozefest in prime eastern time

ikr

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
That last course with the death traps was actually interesting to watch, in part because the rider is moving constantly instead of wobbling back and forth

zebez
Apr 27, 2008
The problem is the lack of lack of commentary...

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

next gdq in a state with legal weed please

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Reason posted:

It's already decriminalized here. We're working on it. :420:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
See, this poo poo should've been happening 20min into the demonstration.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Dias posted:

See, this poo poo should've been happening 20min into the demonstration.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that trials level was a better sequel to mirrors edge than catalyst was

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Reason posted:

We had it in Denver twice already. :v:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
sick bad rats level

UraniumAnchor posted:

We had it in Denver twice already. :v:

i'm donating $1000 for Bonesaw weed% Jak and Daxter 2 next year, please get on it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

now imagine this run but its the guy who ran Ty the Tasmaniann Tiger

"now i'm in a sewer, i'm not sure who put all these platforms here, not a very effective sewer, normally not may platforms and ramps in a sewer, not very well designed"

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

How was the Tetris block? Did it own

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hey UA remember AGDQ16 we kept getting duplicate videos on the channel (to resolve sound issues iirc) and I in particular got screwed up cause I had this personal big playlist with them then you removed them, jacked my poo poo up and you put em back for me (thanks for doing that btwyou're the best and you didn't have to :) )

Anyway does it look like anything like that'll happen this year so far with the SGDQ YT vods?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

KKKLIP ART posted:

is water wet

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Does anyone have a link to that one site that usually appears during these where it graphs out each runs viewers and donations and stuff?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

I'm still recovering.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Dias posted:

is water wet

water itself isn't wet. wet is just what we feel when putting our hand in a fluid. water just happens to be a highly polar molecule that happens to have a reasonable freezing point :goonsay:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

KKKLIP ART posted:

water itself isn't wet. wet is just what we feel when putting our hand in a fluid. water just happens to be a highly polar molecule that happens to have a reasonable freezing point :goonsay:

nerd

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

Does anyone have a link to that one site that usually appears during these where it graphs out each runs viewers and donations and stuff?

This UA's post here, I think this is what you are lookng for, friend
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3781941&userid=97207#post461845926

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

KKKLIP ART posted:

So, yes.

Fogie
Mar 1, 2003

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/sgdq16/

past events are also available under /agdq16 etc..

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also these maps are pretty cool.

WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST DO THOSE AND THEN A COUPLE OF THE GIMMICK ONES

i'm not mad i'm just disappointed

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
It sure is! Many thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Groovelord Neato posted:

they don't let large johnny run nes golf but they can run this.

Hey they can't be biased towards a streamer just because they have charisma. Gotta give every runner a chance, even if they are gonna be sitting silently for over an hour with a dull game.

• Locked thread