Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

That Kyle Busch practice wreck was nasty, jeez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
And time for plate clownshoes.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

go go mcdowell

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

maaaaaaaan i wanted a fun winner :mad:

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Meh, and I like Keselowski.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
What a letdown

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
drat I was hoping Kurt could do something there.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

LordPants posted:

drat I was hoping Kurt could do something there.

Well, he did something

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Brad is the worst at celebration doughnuts

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Overall fun race, finish might of not been side by side but the racing was fun.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

The winner was determined by a finish line. Success.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Good race, pretty good winner, and good Aero package.

I also received a bag full of goodies from NBC Sports reminding me that there are more races to watch this season and it would be cool if I did.

E-

I had to write down at the bottom who I picked in Fantasy because I couldn't remember.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 3, 2016

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Accidente Grande!

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/it-takes-just-a-second-to-wreck-a-dozen-cars-at-daytona-1783032124

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/landoncassill/status/749649310720126977

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I fell asleep during race but woke up and watched the last 50 laps. I was bored with it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I found the 1996 and 1997 Winston Cup Year in Review videos at the Daytona Flea Market today and got both for $1 each.

The most interesting thing I've seen so far is Dale Jarrett was inches from signing a major sponsor and becoming an owner-driver in 1996 before Yates offered him a better deal to run the 88. Lake Speed also led a bunch of races and Ricky Craven was third in points before the wreck at Talladega. :stare:

e- I think the 1997 tape killed the one VCR I have left. :negative:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 4, 2016

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Dennis Czarnyszka was a friend to Alan Kulwicki, and really more of a friend of his legacy in the latter years, who died unexpectedly last week. He was really involved in the Kulwicki Driver Development program, which provides support to a ton of young really talented short track racers. Nobody outside of racing really knew who he was, but he has been instrumental in some careers lately. Oddly enough, we followed each other on Twitter the day before he died, so that makes it feel real weird to me.

If you follow short track racing, many have offered tribute to him, including some locals in Wisconsin like Ty Majeksi and Alex Prunty. These are only a couple, as @KulwickiDDP continues to support up and coming short track drivers across the country.

I don't know why I am posting this, but just know that there are still great people out there in the business that support local talent regardless of sponsorship.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

It sounds like they're arguing with each other.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
If you're REAL bored, they are streaming the Bojangles Legends race from Charlotte's infield track right now and cautions are breeding cautions are breeding cautions in a race that will not progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tth48Dx9ufg

edit: It's always funny to me when they bring out the tow truck during Legends and they just pick the whole car up in the air. That is all.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Hey there, unrelated to my last post:

Anybody here have a recommendation for a scanner/headset combo that I can tune into races on? Sure it would be great to listen to NASCAR, but realistically I may never go to a top tier race again. I'm looking for something I can use at local short tracks. I found the freqs for some of the officials and now I'm going full sperglord thinking that will enhance my experience. Looking for something "cheap". Any advice is appreciated.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/ThePostman68/status/750491345064689664

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Happy Austin Dillon day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aDGW_pB-5Y!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Man, going to a NASCAR event looks rad as hell.

Apart from the car in the catch fence spewing debris everywhere.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

That stinks

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bubba Wallace fined $15,000 for calling NASCAR officials "Muppets".

Shannon Spake returns to FOX and will be working NASCAR again: http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/latestnews/2016/07/06/shannon-spake-joins-fox-sports

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Also JWT is missing the next race for "possible concussion symptoms". Did SRA went to his house and kicked his rear end? Or did that flop SRA did actually gave him a concussion cause that'll be the funniest thing ever.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
maybe they finally tested him and realized he's been driving with brain damage his entire career

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I remember a few years back him saying the concussion test really confused him so maybe it might be true.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
he has the sloping brow of a troglodyte

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Reminder that the truck race is tonight.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

L_Harrison posted:

Reminder that the truck race is tonight.

It's just a coincidence that FS1 shot this interview about JWT missing the race with concussion like symptoms with SRA's truck in the background.

https://twitter.com/fs1/status/751206306384531456

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
SRA just wrecked Kyle

:patriot:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

SELL ME A HAT YOU GLORIOUS GOONY FUCKER

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

SRA getting some new fans tonight.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

SRA Owns.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

exploding mummy posted:

SRA just wrecked Kyle

Are hero :patriot:

"Now I know how JWT feels"
Like a big blubbering baby?

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 8, 2016

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

gret posted:

SRA Owns.

Slickdrac posted:

Are hero :patriot:

"Now I know how JWT feels"
Like a big blubbering baby?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

We might get a non kbm win for the first time since Atlanta!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

exploding mummy posted:

SRA just wrecked Kyle

I missed it because I was in a drat airport and FSGO sucks. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
SRA owns and kyle busch is bad

• Locked thread