Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

He tried explaining it, but I still don't understand what he did with the vendor.

he did both pickpocket and sell at the same time, game got confused and thought that the merchants personal inventory was the players, so he sold the merchant his own poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Your Computer posted:

The game reaaaaally hasn't aged well for anyone without rose-tinted nostalgiagoggles unfortunately.

lol at this coming from someone that thinks Golden Sun has held up well

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

bethesda

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

KKKLIP ART posted:

he did both pickpocket and sell at the same time, game got confused and thought that the merchants personal inventory was the players, so he sold the merchant his own poo poo.
Ah, that makes sense. For certain values of sense.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well this run has been good so far, I guess it will be worth catching the recording for the rest because it is stupid o'clock here.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Internet Kraken posted:

lol at this coming from someone that thinks Golden Sun has held up well

They are right though, Morrowind hasn't really held up. It super suffers from being as antiquated as it is; a modern version of Morrowind would be incredible.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
The game reaaaaally hasn't aged well for anyone without rose-tinted nostalgiagoggles unfortunately.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

Ah, that makes sense. For certain values of sense.

yeah i mean it makes sense in a bathesda kind of way

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Your Computer posted:

Nah Morrowind is awesome, I introduced the game to several friends who liked Oblivion and they all liked Morrowind and most even preferred it. It's a very awesome game.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
if there were any bethesda game that could possibly not be bad it's morrowind

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mighty Dicktron posted:

They are right though, Morrowind hasn't really held up. It super suffers from being as antiquated as it is; a modern version of Morrowind would be incredible.

Oh I absolutely agree, it just struck me as funny coming from someone that called the Golden Sun games great, when nostalgia is the only thing they have going for them now.

I really wanted to like Morrowind but the combat just felt dreadful.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
"... and now I have two Dragonbanes."

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Di... did he just duplicate an item by mashing the button to pick it up?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

TES block best block

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Herbotron posted:

lol

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Herbotron posted:

Eeeeyup

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh I absolutely agree, it just struck me as funny coming from someone that called the Golden Sun games great, when nostalgia is the only thing they have going for them now.

I really wanted to like Morrowind but the combat just felt dreadful.

Morrowind's combat is superior to that of Oblivion and Skyrim by virtue of you actually being able to kill things. Every fight in those games takes a loving eternity because Bethesda had no idea how to balance combat in which you never miss so every enemy is just a massive damage sponge and it is tedious as gently caress and there's nothing you can do about it at any point. In Morrowind you can hit most of the time even early on by building your class right or by just using destruction magic and most fights are over in seconds, and when you level up to like 20 or so most enemies are one or two shot kills.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Gamerofthegame posted:

I know you just copy and pasted that other post, but I'll say that I never thought Skyrim looked all that good and I don't think the remaster looks all that good either. Now a remastered Gimmick, that'd be worth the money

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The only Bethesda game I've ever played is Fallout: New Vegas, which is actually an Obsidian game.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

This is completely normal. Everybody did it.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

but with bethesda

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cubey posted:

Morrowind's combat is superior to that of Oblivion and Skyrim by virtue of you actually being able to kill things. Every fight in those games takes a loving eternity because Bethesda had no idea how to balance combat in which you never miss so every enemy is just a massive damage sponge and it is tedious as gently caress and there's nothing you can do about it at any point. In Morrowind you can hit most of the time even early on by building your class right or by just using destruction magic and most fights are over in seconds, and when you level up to like 20 or so most enemies are one or two shot kills.

When you hit something in Oblivion and Skyrim you actually hit it. When I played Morrowind I was missing stuff right in front of me because I didn't know whatever optimal way to build your character early on to not make combat unbearable. It just wasn't fun.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bad Seafood posted:

The only Bethesda game I've ever played is Fallout: New Vegas, which is actually an Obsidian game.

Wolfenstein: The New Order is published by them and that game is amazing so that half counts!

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
This horse is pretty good, you guys.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Cubey posted:

???

My experience with Skyrim was having to ratchet the difficulty up periodically over the course of my playthrough because I kept getting strong enough to kill everything in one or two hits.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

King Under the Mountain.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Cubey posted:

I find this view humorous considering the one time I tried playing Morrowind I went into the intro cave or whatever and combat took forever and felt like pure randomness because of all the missing. I hated that so much I just couldn't bother playing any more. Not that I'm a big fan of Oblivion or Skyrim combat at ALL (or the games overall for that matter) but the combat was merely bad rather than godawful worthless like Morrowind seemed like.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Pushing against mountain sides until you finally get to where you want to go is exactly how I play Skyrim.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

good game todd howard

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Cubey posted:

Morrowind's combat feels awful because you can be one inch away from an enemy, put your cursor on their chest, click, and be told by the game that you missed. And this happens ALL THE TIME in the early game. Same with spell fizzling.

Oblivion's combat feels awful because everything takes a billion hits to kill. Skyrim combat is good.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ixjuvin posted:

This horse is pretty good, you guys.

That's why you buy them armour. They are powerful creatures that deserve respect.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I don't think that's how you pronounce Martinet

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
"I think I'm going to get married!" :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Wait why does he need to get married

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

umm excuse me it's pronounced mar tin nay???

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
Suddenly, this run took a turn for the Vegas.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Wellp, this guy has been part of so many speedruns he's officially lost it. RIP this guy

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
The legendary dragonborn.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Wolfenstein: The New Order is published by them and that game is amazing so that half counts!
Can't say I've played that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm excited.

• Locked thread