Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Tipme posted:

umm, is Kiria's jojo costume available at any point later? or is it just for that side quest

You can buy it after chapter 2, once you have access to Harajuku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

BillmasterCozb posted:

the biggest sin of this game is that there's no j-pop version of mass destruction

it's actually that tsubasa and ayaha don't have a song together

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

ChaosArgate posted:

You can buy it after chapter 2, once you have access to Harajuku.

thanks!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Andrew_1985 posted:

Also, Tiki=Wifu is amazing and so is Barry. If Barry would get a new partner, who would it be?

the only good axe man in fe1/3, Barst.
or Kellam

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Look in your hearts, you know it would be Nowi.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HMS Beagle posted:

Look in your hearts, you know it would be Nowi.

Nah

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's Gregor, obviously.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

While those are all good answers, going by the way they picked partners in this game it'd need to be someone from Fates.

I vote Charlotte.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

It's Wallace.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Chapter 5 was very long. Chapter 6 is competing for longness. What a good game. I'm up to about 50 hours which, frankly, is more than I expected to get out of it! I'm still not bored of session based combat. It's good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just finished chapter 1 and this game is Very Good. Only complaints are the loading times (but I'm using a physical disc so it's kinda expected) and that Together We Ride didn't play as Touma came to my rescue on a motorcycle

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I just got the play record for 30 unread Topic messages right after I beat the Chapter 5 boss as the Unity Note just dumped all thirty on me thanks to finally having Six Star Prestiges.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Eopia posted:

I just got the play record for 30 unread Topic messages right after I beat the Chapter 5 boss as the Unity Note just dumped all thirty on me thanks to finally having Six Star Prestiges.

Chapter 6 made me just start ignoring Unity Note because 6* prestige is slow to come in and every time you spend and then gain 5, you have to contend with 30 messages again. You unlock WAY too much poo poo in Chapter 6.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Infinity Gaia posted:

While those are all good answers, going by the way they picked partners in this game it'd need to be someone from Fates.

I vote Charlotte.

Charlotte would be perfect, especially if she would reclass into a Blacksmith or Oni Chieftain

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Does anyone know what Barry's final play record is? I probably shouldn't care since it's not like you can 100% the game in one playthrough anyway, but I'd like to get his trophy on my wall before beating the game if possible.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well I beat it anyway. That final boss sequence is easily one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen in any game. I need to look it up and watch it again. :stare:

My final team for the boss was Kiria and Mamori for most of the two phases, swapping in Touma near the end when Kiria's EP got sapped and I didn't want to waste turn healing. Touma got me the damage I needed to burst him down and win. Raging Blast and a concentrated ultimate ice attack from Kiria hitting for 4700 damage also played big roles!

Fantastic game

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Does anyone know what Barry's final play record is? I probably shouldn't care since it's not like you can 100% the game in one playthrough anyway, but I'd like to get his trophy on my wall before beating the game if possible.

it's going in and out of his studio a lot

there's also one for crossing the street a lot if you didn't get it

edit: This is the list I used to get as many as I cared for

Lessail fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 9, 2016

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lessail posted:

it's going in and out of his studio a lot

there's also one for crossing the street a lot if you didn't get it

edit: This is the list I used to get as many as I cared for

Ah thanks. Too late now but that sounds boring enough I probably wouldn't have bothered with it anyway.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm in the final dungeon and I'm lost as all hell

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm in the final dungeon and I'm lost as all hell

Are you at the warp part? Remember to use lightoma there.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I seriously hope my game isn't glitched or I'm missing something obvious, but how the hell are you supposed to do Barry's second sidequest? I'm supposed to do 10 sessions with Eleonora and Tsubasa, and I've alternated between just doing long session chains with them joining in, and having them both in my party and starting sessions themselves. I know I've done well over 30+ altogether by this point, but I've never gotten an updated on how many I've done and Barry's still not outside the Uzume studio.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I seriously hope my game isn't glitched or I'm missing something obvious, but how the hell are you supposed to do Barry's second sidequest? I'm supposed to do 10 sessions with Eleonora and Tsubasa, and I've alternated between just doing long session chains with them joining in, and having them both in my party and starting sessions themselves. I know I've done well over 30+ altogether by this point, but I've never gotten an updated on how many I've done and Barry's still not outside the Uzume studio.

Are you in the wrong dungeon? That's the only idea I have

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I'm honestly surprised the Arena itself wasn't DLC. There really isn't a faster way to level up, gain weapon levels or Performer levels. I'm doing the Advanced right now (goddamn half the AC though) and I'm probably going to be over leveled for the end of the game. I just make a nice big batch of +1 weapons, go start the arena and re-equip new ones when I'm done.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Make sure you're in the dungeon that looks like a Japanese castle. It's where Barry went when he was possessed by Draug.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How long is the final dungeon anyway? I just did the Gangrel refight and I'm reeeally starting to get burned out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How long is the final dungeon anyway? I just did the Gangrel refight and I'm reeeally starting to get burned out.

You're almost done.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

One more section, one more refight and then it's the final boss.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I wished the final dungeon had been longer

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I wished the final dungeon had been longer

Should have at least been one more section that combined all of the previous puzzles/gimmicks of the lower ones :twisted:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lessail posted:

Should have at least been one more section that combined all of the previous puzzles/gimmicks of the lower ones :twisted:

:yeah:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This game was fun. It was an SMT game at the core. Just without a Law/Chaos choice. I liked the idol stuff too. It's a nice refresher from all the usual dark story turns that destroy Tokyo and has the cast just trying to survive.

Really most of my complaints have to do with the Wii U as a console itself. The Gamepad really gets uncomfortable to hold during marathon sessions. The load times were right on the edge of being annoying and jumping back into another game with instantaneous battles was a bit jarring this evening. Even in Bloom palace I kept noticing slowdown every time Tiki and Tharja would load. It seems like they had a much grander plan for the game, but the Wii U just held it back.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I beat the final boss. He was kind of a chump huh?

First phase I didn't come close to dying once. I had Mamori using Raindrop Memories while Touma spammed War Cry/Fog Breath and spear skills. Also helps that I got like a dozen performances off including a killing blow featuring Barry. Dragon's fire would just heal Touma and everyone else just kinda shrugged it off.

Second form the only thing that was remotely dangerous was his big gently caress you attack but any time he'd use it it wouldn't kill anyone and a single use of a bead chain or microwave just reset the field.

My Itsuki for the record was level 60 and Touma/Mamori were 57-58 so I don't think I was overleveled or anything.

I can only imagine on Hard it would be ruthless because of his insta gib attack. I guess that's the only reason you'd want to have Naga's protection. I didn't use that a single time on Normal.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i hope that if they do TMS #FE 2 or an inverse of it, that they have the matador as the first boss

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Does anyone know where the last monster for the Love-sick guy is? He said it was in a place with Floating Islands which I take to mean the final dungeon but I can't find it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Levantine posted:

Does anyone know where the last monster for the Love-sick guy is? He said it was in a place with Floating Islands which I take to mean the final dungeon but I can't find it.

It's on the very first level directly across from the entrance

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Regy Rusty posted:

It's on the very first level directly across from the entrance

Thanks! That did it.

I just beat Gangrel for the second time and I'm guessing I don't have much game left. I'm spending some time finishing off weapons. The last few for everyone really dump the good skills on. Aether, Sol, Wallbreaker, etc. Thankfully the higher you go in the final dungeon, the more prestiges drop.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
How many checkpoints are there in Dolhr? I just got to checkpoint #3, after chasing the skull. Chapter 6 seems really long.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you re-fight every boss that would make sense to re-fight.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So, is hard mode "first time playing Nocturne on normal and running into Matador" hard or "playing DDS on hardmode and trying to beat the Demi-Feind" hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's, you do slightly less damage and take slightly more damage hard

• Locked thread