Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Oh thank christ they cut away before the transphobic friend request names rolled in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

i was expecting something like him turning around and saying "Will you marry me?" or something. not that.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fawf posted:

Oh thank christ they cut away before the transphobic friend request names rolled in

Considering stuff that has happened earlier, I bet the GDQ team is more prepared than ever for stuff like this.

See also: much better screening of donation messages

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

y i k e s

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

So how glitchy is the Fallout 4 run? An hour sounds like a long time to break a Bethesda game.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Your Computer posted:

Considering stuff that has happened earlier, I bet the GDQ team is more prepared than ever for stuff like this.

See also: much better screening of donation messages

They've probably got someone standing by the network cable with an axe, just in case the other precautions fail.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Aishlinn posted:

i was expecting something like him turning around and saying "Will you marry me?" or something. not that.

it definitely seemed like he was going to. What would the waifus think though?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Aishlinn posted:

That or it was their anniversary. It's funny though, immediately before he said that, I was wondering who the overdressed goth girl on the sofa was.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

hmm, what would be more awkward. On stream marriage proposal + rejection, or what transpired.

Yes I know, unintentional pun. Shut up.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I should gently caress off with this.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 8, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I really hope she gave that the OK ahead of time because if not, god drat that's terrible :(

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

deadpan posted:

So how glitchy is the Fallout 4 run? An hour sounds like a long time to break a Bethesda game.

It's a Bethesda game, and it's 1 hour as opposed to like 60 hours... so it's bound to be glitchy.

There must be some main quest stuff they haven't found a way to skip though, unlike the other games. That and they haven't found the secret door that brings you right to the end of the game yet.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

knowing that his girlfriend was 5 feet away makes him calling moira 'his waifu' way funnier

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

Violently Car posted:

Does anyone ever decide to go back and read chat?

Dude Who Ran Ty posted:

Alright, last few things I'm going to say tonight before I break down. I've been looking through twitter and on reddit and just seeing constant loads of poo poo being thrown on me. I understand that I should just ignore it, but it is very hard for me. I take a lot of pride in what I do and it hurts to see people take that for granted. I have said this several times now, and I'll say it again. I am sorry for ruining the pacifist run. I feel absolutely horrible for doing so. I can make as many excuses as possible and I still won't please everyone, but I just have to accept that. I don't know if it was read on stream, but I donated $50 to cover the enemies I killed, and I'm considering doing another $50 tomorrow. Just know that I have heard the outcries and read the hate and I understand where you guys are coming from. Just know that not everything is as black and white as you think it is, and your words are more than just lovely twitch chat comments that fly by on the chat elevator.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What is this about?

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
Unrelated note: the first few minutes of the Jak and Daxter run that I'm watching now has already cemented it as something I need to watch in its entirety.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
man I'm sad I missed that now

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

ToiletDuckie posted:

Unrelated note: the first few minutes of the Jak and Daxter run that I'm watching now has already cemented it as something I need to watch in its entirety.

Absolutely you should. It is a comedy goldmine

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

the :japan: really made that run way funnier than it would have been otherwise.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

ToiletDuckie posted:

You have hit maybe a 3/10 on the hilarity scale that is the rest of the run. It's seriously astounding how amazing it gets.

e: It was completely undone as of the "khakis = car keys" joke and everything from there goes from "trainwreck" to "TRAIN RAIN" in terms of how hilarious it is

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

smell this posted:

How is the couch going tonite

its transitioning

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Wow, that guy's just wallowing in the self-pity there, huh? "Just know that not everything is as black and white as you think it is"? What the hell does that even mean in this context?

OniKun
Jul 23, 2003

Cheap Mexican Labor since the late 80's
A somewhat awkward kid ran Ty the Tasmanian tiger. He seemed really nervous, and his jokes were falling flat, and he also failed to adhere to a $5,000 donation incentive for him to do a pacifist run. It was pretty cringe-worthy and had a lot of "oh.... why would you say that" moments, including making fun of the programming right after a head programmer on the game donated saying that he was excited to see his game broken.

So, to Twitch chat, it was a goldmine of cringe and he's undoubtedly going to be in a compilation cringe video, if he isn't already. In reality, it seemed like a kid trying to be funny, falling flat, and falling down a hole of awkward until it was just so bad that he nervous-talked his way through his run making it worse.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Scionix posted:

its transitioning

:getout:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

fadam posted:

What is this about?

dude who ran ty the tasmanian tiger had a donation incentive to play the game as a pacifist run (kill no enemies). it got met. he repeatedly spent the entire run killing enemies anyway and said he'd donate a whopping $1 for every enemy he killed as if it made up for the $4000+ raised to specifically not do that

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

fadam posted:

What is this about?

The guy who ran Ty was a huge wiener -- totally ignored the donation incentive people payed for, made awful jokes, poo poo talked the game right after the game's developer donated and was very excited, etc -- and everyone rightfully poo poo on him.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

fadam posted:

What is this about?

that's from the guy that ran ty, he was a giant weenie

efb

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Oh. Oh dear. People should really be more careful when taking pictures.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 8, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I actually found Fallout 4 to be surprisingly stable so I'm wondering how broken the speedrun will manage to be anyways.

EDIT: :yeah:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

That FO3 was a solid 18 minutes of me cringing, and I can't imagine what it would have been like if he had done the full 1:40:00 quest% run.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So who is Pam

edit: Oh jesus christ, the estimated time for this is over an hour? Ugh

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Macaluso posted:

So who is Pam

A reference to a series of youtube videos.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

So who is Pam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1jGnFt78H8

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

I actually found Fallout 4 to be surprisingly stable so I'm wondering how broken the speedrun will manage to be anyways.

EDIT: :yeah:

The runner hinted that Nick Valentine would be important during his interview with vegeta, so it'll presumably open up more once he reaches Diamond City. Not sure how, this is the first I've ever seen the game run

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I REALLY SUCK

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Stealing Bonesaw's shtick, smdh

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Macaluso posted:

So who is Pam

Lover of metal husbands. Mother to hundreds of sons. What God forgot to kill. Todd Howard's worst nightmare.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ah okay.

Man Fallout 3 and 4 at a time I can watch live but Necrodancer and Trine are at like 2 or 3 in the morning? This is hosed up

Fiblah
Jul 22, 2007

Macaluso posted:

So who is Pam

edit: Oh jesus christ, the estimated time for this is over an hour? Ugh

That's okay, Bubbles and BloodThunder or whatever his name is are good commentators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

thank goodness someone is posting someone's personal pictures in here because i thought this thread wasn't weird enough yet

• Locked thread