Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

anime was right posted:

tbh i think dudley is pretty close to the pinnacle of 3s balance so he probably wouldnt get too much lol. i guess buffing everyone at the top tier very slightly with some fun tools would be neat but mostly reserving them to gimmicks. any nerfs to the toppest of tiers would make the top half of the games roster pretty well balanced (its already pretty close, urien/ryu are like the worst chars in the top tier and have 4-6 mus with the rest of the top tier so ideally you'd want to crunch the entire rosters balance between them and chun).

I think Dudley is fine it's just that there's like no situation where you would ever, ever pick SA2 unlike Alex where Boomerang Raid is the Actually Good One and Hyper Bomb is the Cool One and Stungun Headbutt is the Haha My Friend is Just Playing 3S For the First Time He's Gonna Learn Now One. Most characters have the "I wanna style on a mans" type super that's really bad but is fun to use, but with Rolling Thunder it's just bad all around even in the styling department (Hitting with the tip of Rocket Upper to reset juggle counter is way better for that).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haunts says they are working on other ways to unlock colors than survival which means of course they will not make an effort to fix survival mode or make it fun like it is in other games.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

I like playing SA2 dudley against players who think fireballs are a good idea and I want to have fun by pressing lots of buttons, it's the fun super and it confirms off everything apart from sweep or ex mgb which isn't that bad if you play the sort of aggro walk forward confirm style

also i don't like balance change discussions because they put people off fun games they might enjoy!!!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

brian posted:

I like playing SA2 dudley against players who think fireballs are a good idea and I want to have fun by pressing lots of buttons, it's the fun super and it confirms off everything apart from sweep or ex mgb which isn't that bad if you play the sort of aggro walk forward confirm style

also i don't like balance change discussions because they put people off fun games they might enjoy!!!

You can play either of the others and just duck through fireballs to do them which is even cooler though

Also it doesn't confirm off dart shot and is harder to confirm off liver blow

I guess my point is not that it's not cool, but that it's less cool than the other two supers he has which happen to also be better in every other way as well

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I mean like D.Va more but how dare you hate on Mei

they should buff d.va just so all the waifu fuckers will actually contribute something to my team TIA

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
*picks my husbando lucio every game*

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Pomp posted:

*picks my husbando lucio every game*

Junkrat is the only husbando you'll ever need.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Junkrat is the only husbando you'll ever need.

:eyepop: but he's roadhogs husband :eyepop:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Pomp posted:

:eyepop: but he's roadhogs husband :eyepop:

Roadhog's just his bodyguard dad telling him not to get into any trouble.

Junkrat is dating me, sorry haters.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Roadhog's just his bodyguard dad telling him not to get into any trouble.

Junkrat is dating me, sorry haters.

Uh this isn't canon

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Overwatch has 21 characters all with better designs and more interesting backstories/motivations than the same characters capcom has had for 20 years. I'm glad that there exists a game that satisfies my "wacky international bunch fights each other" because sfv fell pretty far short of my expectations.

Spruchy
May 12, 2013

I am not a machine. I feel and believe. I have opinions. Some of them are interesting. I could, if you would let me, talk and talk. Let us talk about anything.
oh sorry overwatch guys, thought i stepped in the sf thread.

continue away!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Goetta posted:

Uh this isn't canon

It's Turbo-Canon

Dracula Factory posted:

Overwatch has 21 characters all with better designs and more interesting backstories/motivations than the same characters capcom has had for 20 years. I'm glad that there exists a game that satisfies my "wacky international bunch fights each other" because sfv fell pretty far short of my expectations.

What, you weren't excited to see the bland characters from the early 90's largely unchanged?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dracula Factory posted:

gently caress lore.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

In Training posted:

gently caress lore.

That's the most important kind of lore

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

AnonSpore posted:

You can play either of the others and just duck through fireballs to do them which is even cooler though

Also it doesn't confirm off dart shot and is harder to confirm off liver blow

I guess my point is not that it's not cool, but that it's less cool than the other two supers he has which happen to also be better in every other way as well

oh I forgot about dart shot but that's why you got perfectly spaced uohs for extra swag, but yeah the other two are totes better but it's p good to have 2 rather than just 1 when competitive play is always so cutthroat about maximizing value, I mean yun's other supers are clearly worse but playing with them instead of GJ is a great way to learn yundamentals so there's even value in having worse options

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
It's funny how almost every single bipson today plays exactly the same as almost every bipson in the first week.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

It's funny how almost every single X today plays exactly the same as almost every X in the first week.

Like, I don't even think this is a lovely snipe at the game, I don't think there was a lot of technical evolution in SFV past, like, week 2 or 3.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I like cowboy and dwarf.
Dwarf has fighting game poo poo like thishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxwZgXMCDFc, that will never be patched out.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
overwatch is esports
death to overwatch
acab

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

The most interesting thing SF has done in a long time is give Barlog an adopted white son.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Dracula Factory posted:

Don't insult Q

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dracula Factory posted:

Vega is great. :colbert:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dias posted:

Like, I don't even think this is a lovely snipe at the game, I don't think there was a lot of technical evolution in SFV past, like, week 2 or 3.

Was R. Mika and the clap/reset squad this annoying in the first few weeks? I feel like Marn or someone woke the world up to the retard rushdown and ever since then it's been bad.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Real hurthling! posted:

haunts says they are working on other ways to unlock colors than survival which means of course they will not make an effort to fix survival mode or make it fun like it is in other games.

I mean just the fact that they thought that Survival was cool and good in the first place makes me apprehensive.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

overwatch is the game where there are 21 overpowered Qs

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Was R. Mika and the clap/reset squad this annoying in the first few weeks? I feel like Marn or someone woke the world up to the retard rushdown and ever since then it's been bad.

Yep. It's just that the best Mika players right now weren't used to the style and picked the character due to boobs, but Native was being a jerk with her by week 2, and then Marn happened.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

It's funny how almost every single bipson today plays exactly the same as almost every bipson in the first week.

its so theres nothing getting in the way of the hard reads

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Real hurthling! posted:

If it's anything other than "you can buy them now for cheap" then they hosed up and I hate them. :colbert:

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I thought fight money was going to be a cool system but nope there are no daily challenges and the FM from multiplayer is a small trickle, so the best way to get it is to hack survival mode to go faster, super fun.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
the amount of work it takes to unlock a single color in this game is staggering

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Zand posted:

the amount of work it takes to unlock a single color in this game is staggering

Theres a cool mod earlier in this thread that makes all survival modes last 1 round.
Get money, get paid, get unlocks. I will never have to spend actual money on this game because each character gives me 80k fight money and unlocks all their colors free.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dracula Factory posted:

I thought fight money was going to be a cool system but nope there are no daily challenges and the FM from multiplayer is a small trickle, so the best way to get it is to hack survival mode to go faster, super fun.

wait there's still no dailies?????

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Baal posted:

Mei is bad and I hate her

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pomp posted:

nope

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

They haven't said poo poo about dailies since before the game came out so it's safe to assume they're never coming.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pomp posted:

You're surprised that Capcom hasn't delivered something on time?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
when are they adding fishing to this game?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Dracula Factory posted:

They haven't said poo poo about dailies since before the game came out so it's safe to assume they're never coming.

No, they've mentioned them once after release
http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/06/09/sfv-cinematic-story-and-additional-june-updates

quote:

Daily Challenges are currently being re-tooled and optimized for the game, and we will share the new timing of this feature as soon as we more details. The feature will now be called “Targets,” and they will still be daily goals for players to complete and generate Fight Money, which can be used to purchase in-game content like new characters and costumes. New single player modes including Extra Battle and Versus CPU are also in the works. We’ll share more details on these modes and features as soon as we can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

How can it take so long, do they have negative people working on it

Win 3 matches

There I designed a perfectly acceptable daily