Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
one man teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the targets will be annoying and difficult and pay basically nothing.
the incentive system in the game is hosed if you don't or can't cheat
i finished cammy trials today just to get back into the game and got 3000 fm. wtf? that's half a color. i have to win 70 matches to get that much i guess i should be ecstatic.

in xrd i win 2 matches in a private lobby i get 10 random items that include colors and new music and avatar cosmetics
i watch the story mode i get 100 items

in sfv you can't buy dick (until urien)

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jul 8, 2016

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Double Bill posted:

How can it take so long, do they have negative people working on it

Win 3 matches

There I designed a perfectly acceptable daily

Win a match using only speical moves!
Win a match as Zangief without using Spinning Piledriver!
Win a match without using meter at all!
Win a match by time-out!
Win a match without pressing medium punch!

What do you mean these aren't acceptable daily challenges?
We already put them in...

-Capcom Design Team

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I did the survival mode thing and bought everything except for titles, and still have plenty left over.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Pomp posted:

they should buff d.va just so all the waifu fuckers will actually contribute something to my team TIA

D.Va can get a lot of mileage out of her ult if you use it to scare people away from the payload or clear people out of a capture zone. Also since her mech is the first one to go and she'll still be alive, you can do some real annoying hit-and-run tactics which will help you get your mech back faster.

Her boosters also help her out a lot in getting to places quicker, and combining it with her ult is the perfect way to instill real fear into the enemy team.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Double Bill posted:

How can it take so long, do they have negative people working on it

Win 3 matches

There I designed a perfectly acceptable daily

you'd have to find a person to play against 3 times.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

D.Va can get a lot of mileage out of her ult if you use it to scare people away from the payload or clear people out of a capture zone. Also since her mech is the first one to go and she'll still be alive, you can do some real annoying hit-and-run tactics which will help you get your mech back faster.

Her boosters also help her out a lot in getting to places quicker, and combining it with her ult is the perfect way to instill real fear into the enemy team.

The last time I was scared of anything d'va does was like day 2 open beta, as opposed to Winston and Reinhardt who I am always terrified of dying to for being even a little out of position and don't fall over to a stiff breeze+can move and attack at the same time. :shrug:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

D'va in mech sucks, D'va in tights with handgun is where the real pros are at

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Daily Challenges:

Beat 10 Bison players

Double down at least 5 times during a Hard Survival run

offer the blood sacrifice of a virgin goat

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
how long til Capcom vs Arcsys

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Defeat 5 uriens (still not in game)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Capcom vs. Atlas so that I can finally get my dream Karin v. Risette matchup

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

I hope they use it to encourage good behavior like: play a full set.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Teabag 5 scrubs

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Doggir posted:

I hope they use it to encourage good behavior like: play a full set in Melty Blood.

Yeah, agreed.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Daily challenge: Devour

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

or should I say devAWRAWRAWR

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

dhamster posted:

how long til Capcom vs Arcsys

I don't want modern capcom anywhere near a guilty gear character.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
people will figure out guilty gear characters are more fun to play than modern street fighters

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

MohShuvuu posted:

people will figure out guilty gear characters are more fun to play than modern street fighters

Good point

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
My Birdie buddy decided to fill the gap in Birdie videos by starting to make some of his own,

Here is his first vid on some basic Birdie setups:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VXVdjkVosk

Jokerpilled Drudge fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 8, 2016

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Okay, I play Ryu.

I know this probably sounds dumb, but I'm constantly playing against people who refuse to quick stand no matter what. Are they doing this as some sort of conscious strategy?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

nickmeister posted:

Okay, I play Ryu.

I know this probably sounds dumb, but I'm constantly playing against people who refuse to quick stand no matter what. Are they doing this as some sort of conscious strategy?

They probably don't know how.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Jmcrofts posted:

They probably don't know how.

Naw, they're not that scrubby. I think they're just not afraid enough of what I'll do. They just wait, block and then when they are out of range, they run away. It's hard for me to maintain pressure with Ryu, even though that's his main strength since his normals are short.

ZWZ
May 6, 2007

Homerun

nickmeister posted:

Okay, I play Ryu.

Push them to the corner with dashes and they'll probably stop.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
sf5 the game where "setup" means "doing a meaty at all" and where people will constantly get counterhit by them,

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
My fav thing is people mashing quick stand after FANGs back throw, they're always up way faster than they expect and eat poo poo.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

The Gorp posted:

Win a match using only speical moves!
Win a match as Zangief without using Spinning Piledriver!
Win a match without using meter at all!
Win a match by time-out!
Win a match without pressing medium punch!

What do you mean these aren't acceptable daily challenges?
We already put them in...

-Capcom Design Team

Whoa there, that's way more effort than Capcom is willing to put into this game.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

nickmeister posted:

Okay, I play Ryu.

Maybe they're trying to throw your meaty timing off. Every Ryu I've met will cycle through the same few meaties after a knockdown, half the time they don't really do anything threatening after the meaty whiffs because you're still on the ground. Maybe a poorly timed meaty when they see you're not doing a quick stand.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My fav thing is people mashing quick stand after FANGs back throw, they're always up way faster than they expect and eat poo poo.

My favorite is when Fang goes for something after the throw and gets punished by the quick rising opponent

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm trash Bronze/SuperBronze and I've never had that happen once. People at my rank also cannot stop Vega wall dive spamming. One person in ten games stopped me and I was more impressed than mad. He even adapted after losing a game.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

People at my rank also cannot stop Vega wall dive spamming.

Every Vega I've met in super plat+ just relies on ex-wall dive to get in or do damage. There's a funny guy on youtube who posts videos of him winning one match against decent players alongside 'vega guides', but when you play him in a match he just does ex-wall dive and corpse hop cross-ups on a knockdown. I don't think I've ever met a genuinely good vega yet, it's all literally on the level of SF4 vega's who would do the cross-up ex wall slash. He seems like he's really hard to do well with, from beginner to top levels.

I usually just jump-back heavy or dash forward when they do it, but it's still an annoying move when you get caught by surprise.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm trash Bronze/SuperBronze and I've never had that happen once. People at my rank also cannot stop Vega wall dive spamming. One person in ten games stopped me and I was more impressed than mad. He even adapted after losing a game.

back jump and usually mp or mk depending on character never fails to shut it down

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Among ALL the loving things they took away from Vega in SFV, they couldn't have taken away the one move that IMO should've been taken away?
Remove Vega's wall dive and give him back Scarlet Terror and Cosmic Heel, plzkthx.

Except that won't happen cause Capcom is about as good at making games as Mike Ross is at making reads.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/RunningWildWolf/status/751504622368456706

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xUSdofdZhU&t=68s

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
When is Oro

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCudAH3gTzQ

"fixed match quality my rear end!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

It's always the other guy's fault, right? LOL.