Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Yeah or get blamed for the entire thing and have their faces plastered on national television

Well the only way you can tell a good guy with a gun from a bad guy with a gun is by seeing who the barrel is pointed at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Seriously though, I'd like to find a way to nuke all stink bugs right into the sun. They're loving awful and serve no purpose but to annoy the poo poo out of me.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

U gotta wait for the shooting to start to know.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

"This isn't supposed to happen! Only POOR people and COLORED FOLK are supposed to get killed!"

Edit: ew double post sorry

I don't think it's about race at all, tbh. I'd feel the same way in my gut if all the cops who got shot WERE poor and "colored folk. "

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Blazing Zero posted:

i wonder if not shooting innocent blacks and poors would be a good way to stop people shooting cops

Best quit that line of thinking before REAL AMERICA strings you up next to ol Barry

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Well the only way you can tell a good guy with a gun from a bad guy with a gun is by seeing who the barrel is pointed at.

They did this to a guy that was there earlier in the day before the shooting started. He wasn't even oresent anymore and went to the police to clear it up the moment he heard he was being blamed.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jul 8, 2016

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
How much do we add to the dead cop tally in the end?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

bloodychill posted:

Maybe a trial might have been the better way to go. Because we're Americans and apparently supposed to at least pretend to be civilized and assume innocence until guilt proven.

if the system worked pedophiles wouldn't be out of jail. ANd Jared wouldnt have gotten like what 2 years with good behavior?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah just like black skin right lol haha

But yeah youre probly right. Like, if you hit your dog a bunch it'll start biting anything that resembles you (aka a human). These people are lashing out at "The Police".
well my general point is that the individual and the badge are in tension. Jim the Cop is indeed an individual, but for the average person they see him as the Cop who is incidentally named Jim.

they perhaps should see him as an individual, but that's in tension with the fundamental fact that he's supposed to be this uniformed, depersonalized authority figure.

dethkon posted:

I know I'm supposed to like it when the cops get killed for a change... well, not LIKE it because I deplore all violence, maybe accept it more because they're in the line of duty for a violent job. but there's something a lot more unsettling about it than I thought. Like I'd be less shaken up if they were innocent people who all got shot at a traffic stop. Must be something from my childhood programming still that says "this isn't supposed to happen."
also that.

i'm also somewhat unsettled that a coordinated team of snipers decided to stage their own personal armageddon in my hometown.

but i'm still not convinced there was more than one guy though so :shrug:

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

man phil hartmann was really the best thing about early simpsons

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

bloodychill posted:

I have this genuine fear that no one will want to be black people anymore. I mean think about how much it sucks to be a black person now.

I don't think theres even an exp bonus for being black. There might actually be a penalty

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Wish people would stop posing that video of the cop getting killed in my twitter timeline.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
so how many innocent people have to die before we start worrying about police culture? or is that just insensitive to those poor, over worked boys in blue. lack of sleep is a p good excuse to execute poors imo

Fastidious Toes
Apr 10, 2009

so much blood....
GTA VI looking good.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/751303762095079424

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

TheIllestVillain posted:

man phil hartmann was really the best thing about early simpsons

yeah, RIP.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

davecrazy posted:

Wish people would keep posing that video of the cop getting killed in my twitter timeline.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I just got an idea for a DnD campaign. Where a race is treated like black people and the guards shoot crossbows at them on sight if they identify they're carrying a weapon legally at a routine toll booth stop.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

dethkon posted:

I know I'm supposed to like it when the cops get killed for a change... well, not LIKE it because I deplore all violence, maybe accept it more because they're in the line of duty for a violent job. but there's something a lot more unsettling about it than I thought. Like I'd be less shaken up if they were innocent people who all got shot at a traffic stop. Must be something from my childhood programming still that says "this isn't supposed to happen."

the fact that people unironically think its more okay for innocent folk getting shot up than cops scares me more than anything on this earth

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

If only had a gun.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Microwaves Mom posted:

I don't think theres even an exp bonus for being black. There might actually be a penalty

But we'd surely all love the starting bonuses in strength, speed, agility, reflexes, dexterity

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Microwaves Mom posted:

if the system worked pedophiles wouldn't be out of jail. ANd Jared wouldnt have gotten like what 2 years with good behavior?

We're talking in a thread about police shooting black people at traffic stops and protests going dreadfully violent and cops dying who were actually there to provide safety for everyone involved. Pretty sure everyone here agrees the system could use some work.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Supreme Allah posted:

But we'd surely all love the starting bonuses in strength, speed, agility, reflexes, dexterity

bonuses to strength, dex,

running, climbing, sneak.

The cons are pretty big though.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

McNutty posted:

I do completely disagree with his killing people with drones. It is a cowardly and disgusting act.

the bravest thing youve ever done is make eye contact with a service worker

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Blazing Zero posted:

the fact that people unironically think its more okay for innocent folk getting shot up than cops scares me more than anything on this earth
what were those cops guilty of that got shot

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Blazing Zero posted:

so how many innocent people have to die before we start worrying about police culture? or is that just insensitive to those poor, over worked boys in blue. lack of sleep is a p good excuse to execute poors imo

It isn't the police culture that is the problem. It's the poors and the blacks and the muslims and the terroists and the democrats and the millenials and trans people and :psyduck:

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
How long until we find the underground black people city of Menzoberranzan?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

vols bitch posted:

standing idly by while their brothers in blue get away with murder and receive paid vacation for it

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
You shouldn't be allowed to have a long gun unless you have at least an average sized penis

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Baller Time posted:

You shouldn't be allowed to have a long gun unless you have at least an average sized penis

what is the current average penis size? 5.5 inches?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Baller Time posted:

You shouldn't be allowed to be a cop unless you have at least an average sized penis

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Blazing Zero posted:

I was not saying it was Okay, quite the opposite. Just being honest about what I feel. It does have a lot to do with authority I'm sure, like the person suggested.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Blazing Zero posted:

standing idly by while their brothers in blue get away with murder and receive paid vacation for it

The only thing neccesary for evil to prevail is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jul 8, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

vols bitch posted:

They weren't guilty of anything. They have inherently dangerous jobs. It comes with the territory. Their position exists to protect citizenry and take the bullets we don't and to provide order.

I'm gonna get a big depressed laugh if it turns out the shooter(s) were white nationalists.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

The Grimace posted:

what is the current average penis size? 5.5 inches?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

hahaha okay. well that's good because that's both funny, and it proves me right. Thanks!

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

The only thing neccesary for evil to prevail is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

lol you believe this

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
dallas PD has a pretty good reputation from what i understand.

there might be some horrible skeletons in the closet that come popping out. but this sounds like pseudocommandos on a personal apocalypse about the world ending. there hasn't been much unrest in dallas compared to a lot of other cities.

though i would say some of the extreme rhetoric from some quarters of BLM that seemingly aims to drive a wedge between the black community and police in general is unhelpful and dangerous.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

im gaye posted:

lol you believe this

It's an Edmund Burke quote you boor.

Wikkheiser posted:

though i would say some of the extreme rhetoric from some quarters of BLM that seemingly aims to drive a wedge between the black community and police in general is unhelpful and dangerous.

Yeah well

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

If only had a gun.

5 a person if you will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Wikkheiser posted:

dallas PD has a pretty good reputation from what i understand.

there might be some horrible skeletons in the closet that come popping out. but this sounds like pseudocommandos on a personal apocalypse about the world ending. there hasn't been much unrest in dallas compared to a lot of other cities.

if only those uppity blacks would just calm down. i as a white man can see how this is getting people killed!!

• Locked thread